Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2021, 15:39   #76
God Member

Re: Crewe away match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Opinions yes, but what i'm saying is vast majority of people are praising Conneely. Not sure why many seem to have a grudge against him.
Well if vast majority are praising him can't be many who have a grudge like I said he's played very well but don't agree with being the outstanding player wouldn't have a grudge against any player and neither would I think will any Stanley fan, players in the past who I personally haven't rated a lot in fact latest being both Zanzala and Finley but great lads to chat to it's a game liked by millions all over with opinions.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2021, 15:42   #77
God Member

And if Seamus is selected Saturday let me be the first on here to congratulate him on reaching his 250th appearance doesn't seem 2 minutes since his first as a left back yes left back.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:55   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

his style of play to me has improved no end perhaps playing under instructions in the past? i dont know but thats my thoughts.when he first came he played better to me no doubt but then things changed for whatever reason.glad to see the change these days.
monkey hanger and ferret man like this.
Old 24-02-2021, 18:02   #79
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
And if Seamus is selected Saturday let me be the first on here to congratulate him on reaching his 250th appearance doesn't seem 2 minutes since his first as a left back yes left back.
Jeez remember that, Tranmere ... think we lost 2 or 3 nil.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 18:13   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

First match i saw him in was Tranmere away, i think,was well impressed that day, but beggared if i can remember the result
Old 24-02-2021, 21:51   #81
Senior Member+

Saturday 17th January 2015

Tranmere 3 Stanley 0

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 08:11   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Saturday 17th January 2015

Tranmere 3 Stanley 0

cheers mate glad my memorys knackered.
Old 25-02-2021, 09:13   #83
God Member

seamus is another sean for me. at one time it was anyone but those two but performances changed my mind. think with conneely it was based on how much better stanley look when he plays even if he does very little in a game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 11:55   #84
Senior Member+

One man's "does very little" is another man's "works his $%6&8&*£ off".
His role in the team is unglamorous.
MikeA and monkey hanger like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 09:00   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
One man's "does very little" is another man's "works his $%6&8&*£ off".
His role in the team is unglamorous.
over the seasons he has been with us facts seem to speak for themselves whether he is anyones type of player or not. seamus having an average game or more usually leads to a far better stanley performance than when he is not in the side or has an off day.
Twenty Eight likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..