Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2016, 10:39   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Crooks?

I never saw him play at the top of his game, which many said he was great.

Think I was his jinx, whenever I saw him, he was incredibly average, at best.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-04-2016, 10:46   #17

Injured scapping away against Plymouth. If we'd lost that...
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 11:34   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I never saw him play at the top of his game, which many said he was great.
He was. So good that I sponsored his shirt!
cashman likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 11:38   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

For what its worth, in my opinion until his injury was our best player.
Old 28-04-2016, 11:42   #20
God Member

Shame, but with 2 games to go even if Crooksy was back fit don't think I'd change the team now? And at least he can still be there to help us celebrate next Saturday
cashman and choirboy like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 11:55   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Shame, but with 2 games to go even if Crooksy was back fit don't think I'd change the team now? And at least he can still be there to help us celebrate next Saturday
Have to agree n i'm a big crooksy fan,
choirboy likes this.
Old 28-04-2016, 15:28   #22
Senior Member+

Massive fan of his,may not be the most aggressive tackler or dominate in the air,but the kid is class.
A marker for a good player(what scouts look for) is TABS,technique,attitude,balance and speed,and he's got the lot !!!(and windass)
Pray the lad fully recovers from his op and look forward to following his career
cashman and choirboy like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 18:50   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Yes, I too would agree with you.
Crooksy has played a superb part in our improvement this season. He was at the centre of the development of the 'slick Passing Game' that the squad developed part way into the season. We do play a different style now based more on 'Energy, steel, harassing opponents and covering and playing for each other!'
Good luck to both Crooksy and Josh Windass next season.....and I for one would welcome both lads back if it doesn't work out in Scotland!
OMG......I hope that we can get the points needed in the last two matches..................
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad and cashman like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 20:03   #24
God Member

Thanks for this season and good luck to Messrs Crooks and Windass.

By the way, have never understood the 'rules' about players, contracts, and transfers (and, to a large extent don't mind as I my interest is in football, not banking) but interesting story today that Burnley will be getting £8million 'compensation' for Ings, even though the latter, as with the two above, saw out his contract with the Clarets before moving.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 06:36   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Thanks for this season and good luck to Messrs Crooks and Windass.

By the way, have never understood the 'rules' about players, contracts, and transfers (and, to a large extent don't mind as I my interest is in football, not banking) but interesting story today that Burnley will be getting £8million 'compensation' for Ings, even though the latter, as with the two above, saw out his contract with the Clarets before moving.
That was a English FA(Burnley) -> English FA(Liverpool) transfer.

In this case it's English FA(Stanley) -> Scottish FA(Rangers) and so counts as an international transfer.

Long story short it's burned us on this occasion because we're entitled to nout but it's normally the Scottish who are complaining because English clubs come in and poach their best talent for peanuts.

And to bring this back on track Crooks is the best footballer I've seen in a Stanley shirt. Some of the passes he picks out I've only seen at Premier League level.
cashman, mab and choirboy like this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 12:33   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
For what its worth, in my opinion until his injury was our best player.
just back from monkey hanger land again and if crooksy improves on his finishing he won,t be at rangers long. he,ll be signed by some English premier outfit. hope he,s at the last match of the season when we can wish him all the best.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 13:28   #27
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
if crooksy improves on his finishing he won,t be at rangers long..
I've heard a few people comment on his finishing.

I know in his first stint and the second half of this season he has blundered a few, but at the beginning of this season no-one could stop him scoring - and seem to recall the majority were wonder goals!

Perhaps he just needs more consistency in front of goal, or perhaps he should stick to shooting from 30 yards out.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 13:32   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post

I know in his first stint and the second half of this season he has blundered a few, but at the beginning of this season no-one could stop him scoring - and seem to recall the majority were wonder goals!

Perhaps he just needs more consistency in front of goal, or perhaps he should stick to shooting from 30 yards out.
Probably more valid to question his finishing if he was a centre forward
AccyMad and Red-Osbornello like this.
Old 30-04-2016, 09:18   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post

its the headers from 5 yards and the half chances close in where he,s got to improve. still only a young player and I,m sure he will improve with a little more composure. do not like to criticise our best player but he,s not the finished article and could go a long way. wonder what they are thinking in Huddersfield now.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 10:50   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its the headers from 5 yards and the half chances close in where he,s got to improve. still only a young player and I,m sure he will improve with a little more composure. do not like to criticise our best player but he,s not the finished article and could go a long way. wonder what they are thinking in Huddersfield now.
Convinced it wont be that long before the lads "Championship" Level at the least.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..