Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2018, 18:26   #16

Re: Crown car park steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Don't panic all this will sort itself out once we are promoted.
Why do you think that? Do you know something we don't???
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-04-2018, 18:31   #17

We've had a complaint from somebody on First Avenue, "that it was rather busy on Saturday"!! Can "we" sort it!!!

You couldn't make it up could you? These people are allowed to breed!
AccyMad, KiTChener and cashman like this.
Old 16-04-2018, 19:10   #18
Full Member+

After the final whistle on Saturday it was obvious that the steps were going to be crowded so a couple of us just hung back and lent on one of the rails in the Clayton end after perhaps 5 minutes the crowd from the steps reached back to the Clayton End gate and a steward came and said come on lads "You've got to clear the terraces" when I asked "How do we do that when the gateway was still packed?" he shrugged his shoulders and said "Just clear the terrace - now" So the problem does need sorting.
pifco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 21:34   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
After the final whistle on Saturday it was obvious that the steps were going to be crowded so a couple of us just hung back and lent on one of the rails in the Clayton end after perhaps 5 minutes the crowd from the steps reached back to the Clayton End gate and a steward came and said come on lads "You've got to clear the terraces" when I asked "How do we do that when the gateway was still packed?" he shrugged his shoulders and said "Just clear the terrace - now" So the problem does need sorting.
Based on that , it's the stewarding that needs sorting!
keep the faith and choirboy like this.
Old 16-04-2018, 21:35   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
I 'm sure there are grants for such facilities;
I would also suspect a ramp with a gentle slope for wheel chairs from the Crown car park would end up being that long it would end up in the Clayton End goalmouth and block access to the new Clayton End car park!!
Sorry Mr T, but you obviously misunderstood my earlier suggestion on a ramp.
I suggested the ramp run sideways from the crown car park, i.e. - it would turn 90 degrees right from the top landing & descend toward the rear entrance to the club bar, along the back edge of the existing boundary.
A ramp in that position would hardly affect the lower concourse, as it's never used for parking on match days.
choirboy likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 07:24   #21
Super Moderator

Lord S;

Take your point but that type of ramp would border on the walls of the houses on Whalley Road. We've already had "issues" when Andy bought the land outside main reception and demolished the garages. Can't see them agreeing to such a plan.

The car park outside the club house is used every game//day by those in the Sports bar.
Whilst the marquee has solved loads of issues with regards to the Sportsbar, it has meant those that car there on match days being moved elsewhere.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 08:27   #22
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
Why do you think that? Do you know something we don't???
Will be sorted when the part time supporters go back to taking there wives shopping or cleaning the car.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 10:42   #23

Never had this problem with old steps bring them back lol
AccyMad likes this.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 11:09   #24

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...eps-69966.html
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 16:26   #25
Senior Member+

Remember when the steps down from The Crown were only about 3 feet wide in our Non League days? The queue at big matches during our promotion pushes then were a problem. Sometimes we had 2,500 + on the ground!
Regarding the issues now with the steel steps, which are slippy when wet. They could be painted with a textured paint which would improve the grip.
A ramp, which I think would be a good idea, has to be of a certain maximum incline and width and would need to have a slope adjacent and parallel to the wall and then a return fall with rails around them. This could also alleviate some of the numbers on the steps.
Using the new gates at the other end of the Clayton End car park would be great too but I understand that this is part of a wider plan to use the building near that corner which has been tidied up and made ready for fitting out for use by the club.
I fully agree with Mr T that we need to be patient as I am certain that Andy Holt and the club have all of these improvement issues in hand along with the Whinney Hill stand development.
Trust in Andy.....he knows what he is doing!
KiTChener likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 17-04-2018 at 16:34.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 08:08   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Patient? who needs to be? we left by the clayton end car park last night, was far easier, WEll DONE the club opening the gates.
Old 18-04-2018, 12:19   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Patient? who needs to be? we left by the clayton end car park last night, was far easier, WEll DONE the club opening the gates.
Am I allowed to take some credit here Cashy??
Old 18-04-2018, 12:23   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
Never had this problem with old steps bring them back lol
If they put your brains in a budgie it'd fly backwards!
Old 18-04-2018, 12:42   #29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Don't be telling everybody !!

The NIMBY's will be onto HBC and the Highways Department.

Good job the idiot whole blocked the gates with his car; remembered to leave his keys with a steward
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 12:49   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Message understood.
keep the faith likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..