Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 20:26   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Dagenham Match Thread

Not often you see such an honest view from the opposition!

"SUSSEX DAGGER » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:13 pm

We won,how I don't know Stanley were the better throughout and once again I want it explained to me how anybody ever thought the Clown at anytime better the Mark Cousins. COUSINS was outstanding in our goal and he won us the game with two stunning second half saves.

Would also like it explained how Billy was dropped to the bench,we were crying out first half for somebody to get on the bloody ball.

First half we were completely over ran in midfield and it was a simply shocking first half display. The two full backs were dreadfull, the right back did not look interested and the left back did not look up to it.

The team and Management left the pitch first half and we're left in no doubt to what a large percentage of Daggers who made the journey spending hard earnt money on a team that did not look interested.

Second half we were slightly better and the young lad did very very we'll for both goals and took them superbly, however the fact remains we were second best throughout and if it was not for COUSINS and the cross bar which was struck twice we would not have won anything.

Good result, two good goals from a talent that looks a real rough diamond and will surely prove to be the best bit of money we have spent in many a moon and a outstanding display from the Goalkeeper but the rest was pretty disappointing to be honest."
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-10-2014, 20:42   #17
Senior Member+

What a game of TWO HALVES.
In the first half I thought that Stanley played some super football and really deserved a two goal cushion at half time. There was a welcome return to some lovely trademark passing play that Jimmy and John had the team playing a few years ago. The goal was the result of a great build up albeit with the final 'pass' from Cal being a totaly fluffed shot but it was a well taken finish!
The second half started badly as some of our players seemed to think that we were going to win at a canter. Nicky Hunt let their goal scorer simply waltz straight inside for the first Daggers goal and Chapman had no chance as the ball curled right into the bottom corner. We then failed to take the initiative and never managed to get any decent possion and lo and behold, virtually the same thing happened for their second goal.
The team did try hard to lift the tempo for the final twenty minutes and Tom Aldred could easily have a had a hatrick of headed goals with just a bit more luck. The header that came down off the crossbar was difficult for me to judge, as I was behind the goal on The Clayton End, but some of our fans walking off at the end seemed to think it had dropped down over the line before it was cleared!...?
I have to agree that the referee was poor. He was a mystery to me too? Throw ins were frequently given the wrong way, as were some corner/goal kick decisions. Daggers also got away with a number of late tackles that left Procky somewhat in the wars! He stopped play for fouls when he could have clearly played the advantage!?
The Daggers goal lead a charmed life for the last twenty minutes or so.
However, we did get some great play going down the wings and from the right wing especially, two or three times we should have been pulling the ball back towards the penalty spot but our lads chose to shoot at tight angles on their near post!
I still cannot believe that we lost that match today. Teams like Dagenham are the sort that we need to send home empty handed when we play them at home. Like one or two others around me I think that we could have used our subs more effectively. There was only thirteen minutes left on the clock when Gray came on and perhaps we should have brought him on with 25 to go with Carver or Hatfield or Pierro also given a chance to change the way we attacked near the end?
Hey ho! If we can play the full ninety minutes like we did for the majority of the first half then we can be a force to be reckoned with this season. Just needs more consistency of application throughout the whole match really.
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH

Last edited by choirboy; 11-10-2014 at 20:46.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 20:48   #18
Senior Member+

ps. I do hope that the keeper Chapman is not seriously injured. Even from The Clayton End it looked like he fell very awkwardly.....Ouch!!! He looks like a really good prospect for the future.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 21:26   #19
God Member

Agree with Choirboy about Pierro, if only we had had the luxury of bringing him on but he wasn't even on the bench! Apart from that same old same old - no chuffin plan B when we go behind! O'Sullivan should've been subbed long before it happened - another example of a Coley favourite??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 21:45   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Subs on too late imho. simples.
Old 11-10-2014, 21:52   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Subs on too late imho. simples.
No change there then from the football genius?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 22:36   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Agree with Choirboy about Pierro, if only we had had the luxury of bringing him on but he wasn't even on the bench! Apart from that same old same old - no chuffin plan B when we go behind! O'Sullivan should've been subbed long before it happened - another example of a Coley favourite??
This is a huge worry. I bet Piero is absolutely gutted. I just cannot understand the manager saying that we needed more cover in midfield. We started the season with Joyce, Mingoia, Naismith, Hatfield and Windass along with the oddity of Hunt and/or Buxton. We then added Proccy. Then Maguire and O'Sullivan arrived. And Moly. And now Barry. How many midfielders do we need? It now looks as though we shall not see Josh Windass develop in the way that was starting to show promise. And it also looks as though Piero will be left out in the cold altogether. I realise that O'Sullivan and Maguire had rave reports after the Northampton game but I have seen little from them since then. The huge difference between Piero and some of the new additions is that he is a team player. Given some of today's situations, there is no doubt that he would have played the ball back to someone better positioned.

It was interesting to see/hear Tom Aldred giving O'Sullivan a piece of his mind.

It now seems that we are so overloaded with midfielders that we have to use one as a striker - while having four strikers on the bench.
AccyMad, Redraine, yonmon and 2 others like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:40   #23
Senior Member+

Totally baffled why Carver played no part....in my eyes for the 60 minutes he played in the last game he was man of the match.Never stopped running and won a penalty from a lost cause,threw his weight around and caused mayhem.As for Beattie leaving subbing late....Coley just didn't respond to what was changing in the game....a definite 2 points lost but their goalie was outstanding...but I suppose that's football,we won 1-0 the other week and should have lost 4-1...still a good squad and plenty to build on but a few need to realize it's a team game and sometimes the simple pass is best.
cashman and Revived Red like this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:01   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsmatt View Post
Gutted for chapman thought he looked great, although just a quick defence of the ref there from the earlier post re injury time, when chapman went down we'd already played all but 30 secs of injury time, so he was perfectly right to not add anymore time on but just play that 30 secs (in effect we 'played' about 7 mins injury. Hope it isn't as serious as it seems.
Onward and upward, hopefully just a blip!
Surely the point is that we had played 3 mins 30 seconds of the 4 minutes of injury time, and yet a player is injured, which takes a good couple of minutes to resolve! Surely this means there should have been time added to the injury time for a further injury. There is no point in saying he played another 30 seconds or so before the final whistle and that 'in effect' played 7 minutes, we didn't, we only played 4 minutes and nothing given for the Chapman injury!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:26   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Surely the point is that we had played 3 mins 30 seconds of the 4 minutes of injury time, and yet a player is injured, which takes a good couple of minutes to resolve! Surely this means there should have been time added to the injury time for a further injury. There is no point in saying he played another 30 seconds or so before the final whistle and that 'in effect' played 7 minutes, we didn't, we only played 4 minutes and nothing given for the Chapman injury!
I'm with lancsmatt on this one. You would be right if the injury had been in normal time but that was over. There were 4 mins added and 3 and a half played so there would only be 30 secs left even if the stoppage for the keeper had lasted 20 minutes.

In your scenario if we are a goal down and only 30 secs injury time left then we could gain more time by going down injured. A great tactic if we could get away with it .
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 13:10   #26
Senior Member+

Agree about the substitutions, but did I detect some complacency existing in the team after half time ?. This seemed apparent particularly in the defence which to my eyes saw little wrong with allowing D and R's right side attacker to make his runs, until the ball was in the net !.
Stanley were favourites, they bossed the first half, so why allow a somewhat laissez faire attitude to creep into their play ?, which, incidentally as it invariably does, gave an unexpected boost to their opponents !.
I'm more than certain that JC will already in no uncertain terms have reminded his players that football is a 90 minutes game !.
But like most on our forum , I have seen too many points dropped through over-complacency over the years, not to voice my concern in the matter !.
Still, I saw much to be confident about in the football played by the Reds, and Alfred.E (who sneaked on disguised as BC !) says that like me , in spite of the result, he actually enjoyed the game !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 15:22   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Agree about the substitutions, but did I detect some complacency existing in the team after half time ?. This seemed apparent particularly in the defence which to my eyes saw little wrong with allowing D and R's right side attacker to make his runs, until the ball was in the net !.
Stanley were favourites, they bossed the first half, so why allow a somewhat laissez faire attitude to creep into their play ?, which, incidentally as it invariably does, gave an unexpected boost to their opponents !.
I'm more than certain that JC will already in no uncertain terms have reminded his players that football is a 90 minutes game !.
But like most on our forum , I have seen too many points dropped through over-complacency over the years, not to voice my concern in the matter !.
Still, I saw much to be confident about in the football played by the Reds, and Alfred.E (who sneaked on disguised as BC !) says that like me , in spite of the result, he actually enjoyed the game !.
Shame in front of our biggest home contlngent this season 1335 hope they come back as not a bad game to watch but we need to win home games if we are going to be at the right end of the table come May, we seem to lack the killer instinct in front of goal at home we could have been out of sight at half time if we start to stick them in the onion bag.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 20:53   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Shame in front of our biggest home contlngent this season 1335 hope they come back as not a bad game to watch but we need to win home games if we are going to be at the right end of the table come May, we seem to lack the killer instinct in front of goal at home we could have been out of sight at half time if we start to stick them in the onion bag.
Wish that F19 had been at the match Andy !...he. Might have agreed with me that our current strikers were intent on trying to score when a shot just wasn't on !...
Poor choices like a low percentage shot instead of playing a better placed player in often result in the kind of frustrations we saw on the faces of our forwards yesterday !.
So the onion bag stays practically empty and points go begging .....someone near me sighed
' pity that we don't have Kayode anymore '.....shame really I suppose !. Perhaps Sean Maguire might fill his boots ?...who knows ?
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 21:10   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon;1120694[I
]....our current strikers were intent on trying to score when a shot just wasn't on !...
Poor choices like a low percentage shot instead of playing a better placed player in often result in the kind of frustrations we saw on the faces of our forwards yesterday...[/I]
In any team we all know there are those who go for glory, very often it's a necessary trait of goal scorers, but is not always to the benefit of the team if their skill is not as great as their egos.
I think one downside of loan players is that some are playing for their own careers first and the team second, and, if they are forwards, it perhaps shouldn't be a surprise if they go for goal when a lay off would have been the more productive option for the team.
Revived Red and Chubbyman like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 07:38   #30
God Member

Having said that, just watched the goals and O'Sullivan provided an excellent lay off to Naismith which, eventually, resulted in Stanley's goal.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..