Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2014, 20:40   #1
Senior Member+

Dagenham Match Thread

More of the same will do for me!
It was FABULOUS to see The FLAGS come out with The ULTRAS at the last last home match and I hope that we can show the same level of support for John, Jimmy and the Team tomorrow.

That level of support is so important to the players and we can definitely be their "Twelfth Man". !

As loyal supporters we need to sustain the momentum, Keep the Faith, and urge our team on to achieve even greater things!
11th place in division Two now and let's hope that our great form continues and we can move up the table a bit further!

It's great to see us at the top of "The Form Table" as Redraine highlighted!

Bring some friends and family on tomorrow and let's swell the gate and continue the famous story that is "ACCRINGTON STANLEY..... THE CLUB THAT WOULD NOT DIE!"

ON STANLEY ON
nige b and chevyfire like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2014, 20:44   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Dagenham Match Thread

ON STANLEY ON!

KEEP THE FAITH!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 21:12   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

3Pts please Stanley.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 11-10-2014, 16:18   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Done by diabolical officials Stanley scored a good equalizer approx 15 mins from time, not given, the ball defo crossed the line, no question at all, Dave In Germany had it on film n shown us all. was talking to 2 members on way out, who were stood at the side right behind the liner n both said it crossed n if they could see it, why could this knobhead not?
Old 11-10-2014, 16:23   #5
Senior Member+

Having just returned from the match, all I can say is how on earth did we lose that match (apart from the 2 sloppy goals we gave away)! I am not sure what the ref and his assistant were watching, but it certainly wasn't that match. I am certain JC will say that we should have won 6 or 7 -2 but for some lucky or inspired goalkeeping in keeping the ball out of the net, yet on one occasion, it looked as though the ball had gone over the line and then cleared by a defender, oh for goal line technology! Crowd was allegedly 1412 but I am sure there was more than that. i would love to know how they account for that figure. To play that well and get beat is no disgrace to Stanley, but Sean Maguire needs to learn to cross rather than shoot when other are in a better position. Plus how come when Aaron Chapman was injured no extra time was added, should have been two and half minutes added to the added on time, but none was given. Hope it is not too serious and he is back playing with us soon.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 16:25   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Done by diabolical officials Stanley scored a good equalizer approx 15 mins from time, not given, the ball defo crossed the line, no question at all, Dave In Germany had it on film n shown us all. was talking to 2 members on way out, who were stood at the side right behind the liner n both said it crossed n if they could see it, why could this knobhead not?
I suppose we'll never get the chance to see it - no replays on TV in div.2.
Apart from that I thought we played very well, especially in the first half, when 1-2 never looked a possibility. However, we gave away the initiative after half time and 2 breakaway goals left us chasing the game with increasing frustration all round. I'm not too disappointed as more often than not that level of performance would be enough to secure 3 points.
lancsmatt likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 16:31   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I suppose we'll never get the chance to see it - no replays on TV in div.2.
Apart from that I thought we played very well, especially in the first half, when 1-2 never looked a possibility. However, we gave away the initiative after half time and 2 breakaway goals left us chasing the game with increasing frustration all round. I'm not too disappointed as more often than not that level of performance would be enough to secure 3 points.
Agree, i hope coleman demands to see it. Have just been reading the commentary Sam Robinson says the ball NEVER crossed the line, Tell him to go to SPECSAVERS quickly.
Old 11-10-2014, 18:11   #8
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Would that be when the ball hit the roof of the net and some how bounced the otherside of the line and then cleared Officals! Offically CRAP as usual
Old 11-10-2014, 18:28   #9

Bit surprised people are blaming the officials, we got what we deserved on.our 2nd half performance.

Moly, Kal and McGuire didn't come out for the 2nd half and Osullivan looked really dangerous but very little end product.

Another surprise is that Gray sat on the bench until last 15, and Windass for that matter. It was cryng out for a change after 50 minutes.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 18:55   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Disagree Frank nobody deserves a good goal disallowed. Who should we blame? the fans that witnessed it or the guy that filmed it?
Old 11-10-2014, 19:00   #11
God Member

Bright start but didn't deserve the win in the end. Relaxed too much at 1-0 while Dagenham altered their shape in order to out-run Procter and Joyce. At 1-1 we should have brought on Barry to match their midfield, but we remained static and were again guilty of leaving huge gaps, defended poorly (from front to back) and duly conceded a second.

O'Sullivan had a stinker, which didn't help when we were chasing the game. Hopefully he'll learn quickly about positioning and game management in the football league. The sponsors must have been on acid to pick him as MotM.

Gutted about Chapman. As Coley says, more disappointing than losing 3 points. Get well soon.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 19:10   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Whats the score wi Chapman shaker? hope the guys not too bad.
Old 11-10-2014, 19:12   #13
God Member

Rumour is either a broken ankle or leg. Straight to hospital after the game apparently.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 19:14   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Hope not poor sod.
Old 11-10-2014, 19:25   #15
Junior Member+

Would love to see the footage of the goal that wasn't as from where I was it didn't look in at all, and the players didn't seem that convinced in their appeals either. Haven't been on for a while as I tend to work Saturdays and Tuesday I can't get across in time, but plenty of positives, just one of those days I guess.
Gutted for chapman thought he looked great, although just a quick defence of the ref there from the earlier post re injury time, when chapman went down we'd already played all but 30 secs of injury time, so he was perfectly right to not add anymore time on but just play that 30 secs (in effect we 'played' about 7 mins injury. Hope it isn't as serious as it seems.
Onward and upward, hopefully just a blip!
lancsmatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..