Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2015, 12:42   #31
God Member

Re: Dagenham match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
. There was a scout in front of me watch Joe Wright and looking at his notes, he didn't think too much of him. Personally, I hope he stays with us f..or a couple of years!

Hopefully the scout was from Huddersfield!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2015, 16:05   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
How did Barry play at fullback?,I am sure he wasn't 100%,good pro,big heart.
We look a better, more composed side when Ant is in it, wherever he plays. Such a shame for him that Conneely is doing so well.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 16:46   #33
God Member

When Barry came on what he did do was a lot of shouting and organizing a back line with a average age of 20 and limited leauge game experience which is a often overlooked big part of the game especially with younger players this I thought went missing on Tuesday. A sign of a good side when going infront is keeping composed keeping shape and keeping hold of the round thing called the ball even if this means passing backwards much to the annoyance of the get it upfield brigade who even moan when 3-0 up if this happens if you keep possession they can,t get back into the game and I thought we did this very well Saturday apart from a 5 minute spell when we let them score hope we learn to do this more often and we won,t be far away.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 16:49   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
When Barry came on what he did do was a lot of shouting and organizing a back line with a average age of 20 and limited leauge game experience which is a often overlooked big part of the game especially with younger players this I thought went missing on Tuesday. A sign of a good side when going infront is keeping composed keeping shape and keeping hold of the round thing called the ball even if this means passing backwards much to the annoyance of the get it upfield brigade who even moan when 3-0 up if this happens if you keep possession they can,t get back into the game and I thought we did this very well Saturday apart from a 5 minute spell when we let them score hope we learn to do this more often and we won,t be far away.
Well he should have been brought on to do that job on tuesday,rather than n attacking midfielder imho
Old 25-10-2015, 16:56   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well he should have been brought on to do that job on tuesday,rather than n attacking midfielder imho
How right thou are
Old 25-10-2015, 18:14   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
How right thou are
Stop it, andyd, you'll only encourage him.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 18:28   #37
Senior Member+

Well I'm afraid I shall swim against the tide here and say that I thought the Barry was poor, notably his distribution. I can recall 3 occasions where he passed the ball about 15 yards directly to an opponent. A better team than Dagenham (and most teams are, I'm sure) would have punished us.

The mystery is Bucko. Did he have a fitness test prior to the game? Or was he played as a gamble? Sorry - I'll rephrase that . Was a chance taken on him being fit? To my simple mind, it was a gamble (oops, sorry again - I mean chance) not worth taking because it could well have exacerbated his injury problem.
cashman likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 20:06   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
The mystery is Bucko. Did he have a fitness test prior to the game? Or was he played as a gamble? Sorry - I'll rephrase that . Was a chance taken on him being fit? To my simple mind, it was a gamble (oops, sorry again - I mean chance) not worth taking because it could well have exacerbated his injury problem.[/FONT]
Was he out injured ? I thought he'd been ill rather than injured and laid up for a few days according to his twitter.
Old 25-10-2015, 20:41   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Was he out injured ? I thought he'd been ill rather than injured and laid up for a few days according to his twitter.
You are probably correct, Dave. Being a fossil, I'm afraid I don't do twitter. I was going on the fact that he seemed to limp after the first tackle, and he walked off as though he was injured. Whatever it was, he seemed to my untrained, unmedical, unbadged mind to be unfit to start the game.
cashman likes this.
Old 25-10-2015, 21:01   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
You are probably correct, Dave. Being a fossil, I'm afraid I don't do twitter. I was going on the fact that he seemed to limp after the first tackle, and he walked off as though he was injured. Whatever it was, he seemed to my untrained, unmedical, unbadged mind to be unfit to start the game.

I didn't see what happened to him in the game so no idea if he got injured.
Old 26-10-2015, 09:21   #41
God Member

did come on Saturday and glad I did. forget the fact that they were rubbish lets concentrate on how good we were. could have scored double the number we did and still their keeper would have had a good game. better balanced side and barry had his best game for us. only downside apart from adam buxtons early substitution was the decision not to give a penalty for the foul on mcconville most obvious i.ve seen. keep it up lads promotion can happen.
andyd likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2015, 16:29   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
barry had his best game for us
Gosh. I never realised he had been so bad in his previous games.
Old 26-10-2015, 18:50   #43
Senior Member+

Only a Twitter rumour but apparently Swansea are looking at Josh Windass, Would make abit of sense with James Beattie being a first team coach there!

Hopefully with the new investment we won't be rolled over for transfer fees like in previous years!
Old 26-10-2015, 19:49   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Only a Twitter rumour but apparently Swansea are looking at Josh Windass, Would make abit of sense with James Beattie being a first team coach there!

Hopefully with the new investment we won't be rolled over for transfer fees like in previous years!
I've noticed when the scouts collect tickets, the level of clubs has gone up since the start of the season
Old 26-10-2015, 20:14   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post

If they or any other club want Josh the starting point should be £1,000,000 let,s not be pushed around.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..