Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2015, 12:18   #1
God Member

Daggers game

If you're on your way, stay away from the M11 and A406. We're stuck in a jam that isn't going anywhere soon.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-04-2015, 18:02   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Daggers game

I wish I had got stuck on the motorway !!!
They were up for the game,probably due to the player of the season presentations on the pitch at the end of the game ( good idea !),with the fans on the pitch.
We started 4-4-2 with windass on the left wing and Piero right wing and in simple terms,they were up for the game,we weren't.
They had pace all over the park (especially the widemen),and we struggled to match that pace.
The lads who are playing for a contract have made coleys job a lot easier,as some seemed to be playing with a beach towel under their arm !!
The first goal was a joke,as all their big men went to the front post,and we went with them,leaving Sean marking a big defender on his own,no contest,one nil.
I think me and exile agreed our keeper only had to make one save the rest of the first half despite them being the better team and we had three good chances.
Second half we defended poorly and Rob (who's had a decent season) will be disappointed in all three.
Positives some young lads got a run and hopefully young Hazeldine gets another run and McCarten looked wired in
Negatives,afraid Sean never got in the game and we didn't hold the ball up.
We got what we deserved - nothing !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 18:05   #3
Senior Member+

Shocking result!
Let's hope that they are up for a good performance in the last match of the season next week!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 19:05   #4
God Member

Woeful, listless display from Stanley today. Dagenham fully deserved their points and made easy work of stopping any attacking threat, such as it was. Brushing off our players became so easy that Daggers didn't have to use a brush in the second half; they just needed to blow them over. Pitting three forwards whose combined height was probably less than either Daggers' CBs was perhaps contributory. Midfield was no better, with Whitehead trying hard but looking like he'd never played with the team before (has he?). Joyce reverted to one of his impact-less displays, and Windass looked like he was somewhere else. Which, if he repeated that performance, I'd suggest he should be. And the defence was beyond naive at times.
At the beginning of the season, with both these teams being the bookies' favourites for the drop, the prospect of this game being a nail-biter was on the cards. Thank heavens it wasn't crucial, but it would have been nice to see some fight, effort and desire however 'meaningless' the game may have seemed to some players. I felt a bit sorry for the two young lads who got on as subs as they got no support or example from the others.
The fans outperformed the team by a country mile, never stopping for 90 minutes. However, the fact they ended up singing for "a shot on target", as opposed to a goal, said most about Stanley's performance.
The only consolation today was that, despite being stuck in a traffic jam at the bottom of the M11 for one and a half hours, there was an ice-cream van trapped next to us. He at least had a successful day.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 25-04-2015, 19:58   #5
Senior Member+

Went on the pitch at the end exile as I was curious why they seemed to be play on a great surface and us on a bobbly one .
It didn't look or feel as bad as what we played !!!
Probably our poorest performance this season, but we're still in league two,unlike tranmere !!, special mention for the ultras, they may have had a few beers, but were very funny and never stopped singing!!!,true fans
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 20:01   #6
God Member

Pity you didn't get on the pitch earlier, F19!
Have a good time in the sun.
Old 25-04-2015, 21:00   #7
Full Member+

Good to see a Lancashire side promoted to the conference, I hope Fylde or our old rivals Chorley (southern *****) follow and we play one of them in the league soon.

Tranmere on the other hand, brought good gates to Stanley in League and Cup recently, but Palios sacking Moore got almost instant karma what like that hippy from that beat group sung about.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 21:54   #8
God Member

Presume that's Fc United? Good luck to 'em but lets not forget the damage their lovely fans caused at our ground when they played some of their fixtures here - let's hope if they progress up to League 2 they're able to behave a bit better
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 22:15   #9
Senior Member+

My positives: I didn't use the M11 , it was a nice sunny day , the snake and pygmy pie was good , heard some Ultras melodies from the historic songbook , met Matt and Emma , and got my supporters' club badge . Then there was the football.....

I didn't think we lacked for effort, just execution, especially underhit passes. If Shay had scored his one-on-one after 15 minutes it could have been totally different. Their opener from the corner was so easy, and once we gave away the second thanks to that dreadful after-you-Claude moment at the start of the second half (Jones and Winnard I think?) the writing was well and truly on the wall. The third was a cracking free-kick, have to admit, and the fourth was probably down to over-committing to attack to try to make us happy.

Disagree with Exile about Joyce - thought more than anyone he tried to keep things together and keep us pushing forward when he could.

Nobody blaming the ref for once? I enjoyed that mad moment when he played advantage as we scythed down two of their players in 10 seconds without getting the ball off them, then didn't give what looked a stonewall penalty when they finally got into our box, and didn't go back to the scythers with retrospective yellows either. Can't really say he was agin us ....

I just hope the boys give the home support the same kind of last home game fun next week as they did for the Daggers fans today

A special mention for the Daggers fans who came up as I was getting into the car to come home and just said "50 quid you paid to see that?"
Old 26-04-2015, 13:11   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I wish I had got stuck on the motorway !!!
They were up for the game,probably due to the player of the season presentations on the pitch at the end of the game ( good idea !),with the fans on the pitch.
We started 4-4-2 with windass on the left wing and Piero right wing android in simple terms,they were up for the game,we weren't.
They had pace all over the park (especially the widemen),and we struggled to match that pace.
The lads who are playing for a contract have made coleys job a lot easier,as some seemed to be playing with a beach towel under their arm !!
The first goal was a joke,as all their big men went to the front post,and we went with them,leaving Sean marking a big defender on his own,no contest,one nil.
I think me and exile agreed our keeper only had to make one save the rest of the first half despite them being the better team and we had three good chances.
Second half we defended poorly and Rob (who's had a decent season) will be disappointed in all

Positives some young lads got a run and hopefully young Hazeldine gets another run and McCarten looked wired in
Negatives,afraid Sean never got in the game and we didn't hold the ball up.
We got what we deserved - nothing !!!
And not a mention of....4-3-1....or 4-1-5 even !...

Hmmmmmmm !... Strange that !.

( Have fun in the sun I !).

Last edited by yonmon; 26-04-2015 at 13:14.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 16:23   #11
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Presume that's Fc United? Good luck to 'em but lets not forget the damage their lovely fans caused at our ground when they played some of their fixtures here - let's hope if they progress up to League 2 they're able to behave a bit better
I was on about promotion to the conference national of Barrow, that other shower FC Bury got promoted to the Conference North.
Old 26-04-2015, 16:51   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I was on about promotion to the conference national of Barrow, that other shower FC Bury got promoted to the Conference North.
Ah right, it was the Lancashire side bit that threw me . . . . . . thought Barrow was in Cumbria
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 17:22   #13
Full Member+

It looked bad on TV, when you see a performance like that, you just know why we have conceded 73 goals so far. we were embarrassingly poor.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 17:45   #14
God Member

Seeing it again, the first two goals looked even worse than yesterday.
As F19 noted, as well as the entire defence being fooled into rushing towards the near post, poor wee Maguire was then pushed out of the way by Davies. Even if he could, Maguire was then in no position to challenge for the far post ball. And neither was Davies, who might have been able to punch the ball if he'd not been concentrating on pushing his own player.
And with the second, notwithstanding the 38 year old Cureton outpacing the chasing defender, Davies first came almost to the edge of his box but then retreated. However, Cureton didn't get to the ball until it was inside the box. If Davies had kept coming, he should either have been able to boot the ball clear just beyond the box or dive on it the second it crossed into the penalty area.
Davies had no chance with the third and fourth goal, and he was in no way responsible for the poor performance from the outfield players, but those first two goals were symptomatic of Stanley's goalkeeping woes this season.
Old 26-04-2015, 22:02   #15
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Ah right, it was the Lancashire side bit that threw me . . . . . . thought Barrow was in Cumbria
Barrow was Lancashire before Cumbria existed, it was stolen like parts of GM and Merseyside were
Leylandii likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..