Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2015, 08:09   #16
God Member

Re: David Lloyd's 'Wall of Honour'

Just figured it out, I was logged in

It's being amended, back soon
Old 19-03-2015, 08:13   #17
God Member

It's on the news page, I'll check with them to see about the home page.
cashman likes this.
Old 19-03-2015, 09:32   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
We need to get a big corporate sponsor, have we approached the big companies and airlines?? There must be a big company that would be happy to be associated with a club like ours. we must persist. we need big money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
I did read on twitter the other day via (Scott Dawson Advertising) that the club are making a big push to find a new stadium and shirt sponsor as the deal with Store First ends at the end of this year and won't be renewed.

Well done to the club and SDA for addressing this early rather than previous years with Fraser Eagle going pop, Combined Stabilisation ending prematurely and don't even mention the Colane Tropical Water Fiasco.

They are talking six figures for the deal, probably 3 years I would think. That's peanuts to some of these big boys - Hopefully we can get either an up and coming local firm or a decent sized national chain.
Stanley seeks new sponsorship partner | Scott Dawson Advertising
smobile likes this.
Old 19-03-2015, 10:01   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

In my book a guy like Murray Dawson is just the type of guy the club requires to move forward.
smobile likes this.
Old 19-03-2015, 11:31   #20

I wonder if the club can do a deal with Hanson's to supply the bricks free of charge - special edition NORI or something ?
maccawozzagod likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2015, 17:35   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
I wonder if the club can do a deal with Hanson's to supply the bricks free of charge - special edition NORI or something ?
If the neighbours who live behind the Whinney Hill 'stand' dug over their gardens they could probably lob a few hundred Nori specials over their back fences.
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2015, 17:53   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
If the neighbours who live behind the Whinney Hill 'stand' dug over their gardens they could probably lob a few hundred Nori specials over their back fences.
Maybe best not to ask the one who had a window of their greenhouse smashed by a stray ball during the Portsmouth game though - awkward!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 06:46   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Maybe best not to ask the one who had a window of their greenhouse smashed by a stray ball during the Portsmouth game though - awkward!!
What do they expect erecting a greenhouse next to a League 2 ground? Did the estate agents forget to inform them about the 'shots on target' percentages?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 11:03   #24

Do I remember reading a while back that we turned away from a Stanley Tools deal because we didn't want to lose the red home strip ? Given the shirtbuttons and washers nature of our finances, do you think we should continue to be 'precious' about a red home strip should a decent deal present itself with a colour scheme condition ? Otherwise who are we left with ? Richard Branson ? Royal Mail ? Al's gents' barbershop ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 15:32   #25
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=LongLostSon Otherwise who are we left with ? Richard Branson ? Royal Mail ? Al's gents' barbershop ?[/QUOTE]

only a stones throw from The Crown Ground is a division of the
multinational company Senator
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 16:22   #26

With all this talk of raising money for the club through different initiatives who at the club does somebody need to speak to if they have an idea for raising money for the club?
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 16:38   #27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
With all this talk of raising money for the club through different initiatives who at the club does somebody need to speak to if they have an idea for raising money for the club?
Ring the Club and the person who answers will always try to help!!

Directors are always on hand on match days if that's your preferred option
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 16:47   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Would you like to enlighten all of us on here.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2015, 15:00   #29

My idea would be turning a perceived negative into a positive. We know that there are about 1000 dedicated supporters that turn out to watch Stanley come hell or high water. Why not celebrate that through some merchandising eg T shirts, sweatshirts, car stickers that state something like

PROUD TO BE ONE OF THE THOUSAND, I KNOW ONE OF THE THOUSAND, MY DAD, GRANDAD IS ONE OF THE THOUSAND.

Just my thoughts after all the recent comments about the level of support that we have and that we need.
cashman likes this.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2015, 15:36   #30
God Member

Noted

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..