Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2015, 07:57   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Deadline day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
Decent signings. Gornell works hard, runs the channels and links play up well. Could so with slightly better goals/game ratio if I'm being ultra critical, but definitely gives the team something it hasn't got ya moment.

Davies is a very good keeper and that's a neat bit of business - just hope he stays injury free given our keeper curse this season!

Unlike the other 2, think Bruna is probably about keeping numbers in the squad rather than an automatic first pick, although will probably offer something different again to what we've currently got.

Bit worried about centre back cover if Rob or Dean pick up an injury as expect they'll be partnership to try and settle on.

All in all, good deadline for Stanley
We still have Nicky Hunt who I believe should be playing due to the settling influence he has on the back line, maybe change the team shape to 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 to accomodate.
cashman and JIMSLAD like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2015, 07:59   #77
Senior Member+

looks like optimistic euthorium abounds with these transfers, I would feel a lot more confident with the return of Johno
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:15   #78
Senior Member+

just read Johno Blackburn sign on statement, says he would like to go on loan to a league 1 side
Rovers are pleased to announce that midfielder John O'Sullivan has extended his stay with the club.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:41   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Christie's Child will be upset about that one!
Delighted that Scott is no longer sat on the bench at Fleetwood. After all he is the 2nd best keeper in League 2.....the No1 remains at The Globe.
cashman likes this.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:02   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
Delighted that Scott is no longer sat on the bench at Fleetwood. After all he is the 2nd best keeper in League 2.....the No1 remains at The Globe.
Not what you said as recently as Jan 1st.!

"Scott has improved massively since he left us. Up there with Barry at his best as the best keeper we've had since Joe Lewis.

Would love to keep him at the club until the end of the season if possible, as he's a better keeper than Arestidou."
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 17:39   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Not what you said as recently as Jan 1st.!

"Scott has improved massively since he left us. Up there with Barry at his best as the best keeper we've had since Joe Lewis.

Would love to keep him at the club until the end of the season if possible, as he's a better keeper than Arestidou."
Actually it was another poster who actually said that. I agreed with him that Scott had improved massively. However Arestidou is more than a capable keeper whilst the Leagues No1 recovers from surgery.

As previously posted, I wish Scott all the best, he deserves more than sitting on the bench at Fleetwood even though it's reported he's on £2000 a week.....
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 18:06   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Actually it was another poster who actually said that. I agreed with him that Scott had improved massively. However Arestidou is more than a capable keeper whilst the Leagues No1 recovers from surgery.

As previously posted, I wish Scott all the best, he deserves more than sitting on the bench at Fleetwood even though it's reported he's on £2000 a week.....
OK, sorry. it was Morecambe Geek's post. but you did agree with him in your next post, and also said "As for Scott, I'd be over the moon if a deal to extend his loan can be agreed but it may come down to finances as loan deals often include a fee to the loaning club."
I apologise if it appears that I am "stalking" you, but I it was just that I remembered that you were a huge fan of Scott, and that we have been suffering badly with our keeper problems all season.

Last edited by Redraine; 03-02-2015 at 18:12.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 18:35   #83
God Member

Quote:
Maybe Stanley got him cheaper because he charges more sitting on the bench
Redraine and yonmon like this.
Old 03-02-2015, 19:07   #84

Went into school today and just told all the kids accy stanley have signed a player who used to be at real madrid, , just basked in the glory of feeling like a premiership side for a day
mab likes this.
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 19:43   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley nick View Post
Went into school today and just told all the kids accy stanley have signed a player who used to be at real madrid, , just basked in the glory of feeling like a premiership side for a day
I bet you didn't tell them that there are probably over 250 players in the 12 teams at Real Madrid's youth academy most years .

I think I'd rather see him a few times before I get too excited.

I thought Gornell was a good player last time and hopefully he is the striker we are lacking and thank god we have an experienced keeper again.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 19:58   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The way i view this signing, is simply Real aint noted fer signing dumbos, He musta shown promise as a kid. Lets hope he can kick on at Stanley n earn us some serious poke,if he does.
Old 03-02-2015, 20:23   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The way i view this signing, is simply Real aint noted fer signing dumbos, He musta shown promise as a kid. Lets hope he can kick on at Stanley n earn us some serious poke,if he does.
They offered him a professional contract at 16 and the coach described him as the next Lionel Messi so I hope you are right

from Real Madrid slam Liverpool for Bruna signing - Telegraph

Bruna turned down a professional deal with the Spanish club having spent three years at Real to sign a three-year deal to join Rafael Benitez's squad.

The teenager's decision has surprised Real youth coach Michel who has said that the youngster will regret joining Liverpool when he fails to make the breakthrough.

He said: "How many young players taken by Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have actually played for their first team?

"That is what happens all the time in England. When they see someone they like, they take him.
"They sign the boy to a contract, make all sorts of promises and then put him in their reserves and never give him a competitive game."
Bruna has already been dubbed as 'the next Lionel Messi' and Michel said it was a shame to see the player leave.
"I was surprised when Bruna left because he had been with us for three years and, as soon as he was about to mature, Liverpool took him."
Old 03-02-2015, 21:02   #88
God Member

Is Real Madrid's loss Stanley's gain!
yonmon likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 21:05   #89

That article is nearly 8 years old so I doubt it but we can but live in hope
Old 03-02-2015, 21:12   #90
Senior Member+

I am expecting alot from Gornell.

When he was here last time, he was a young lad learning his trade.

He has now been around the block, lived away from home, etc.
As a person he will hopefully be more mature which should mean we get to see a more mature player who reads the game better, makes better decisions, shows leadership from the front, someone who has improved as a player and who is hungry to prove himself - if he fails at Accy, he will end up in the non league as I doubt many teams will want him.
Coleman use to talk about how much he would drum home to the players how lucky they are to be playing in the football league, that they should strive and give their best and try and work their way as high up the football pyramid as possible.
I hope he reminds Gornell that if he fails at Accy, he's unlikely to see another league club.

Living back in is home town and playing for his old club should see him fit in instantly.

Its my opinion that Gornell has a lot to prove and should still be ambitious to move up the divisions as he is young enough.

I hope at the end of the season, he will have proven himself good enough to build a team around.

Its all down to Terry, he can be the hero as the team is crying out for a quality target man.

Im sure we all want to see him take his opportunity.
Redash likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..