Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2010, 17:44   #1
Senior Member+

Derby set sights on Symes :(

Sky Sports | Football News | League 2 | Accrington Stanley | Rams set sights on Symes

Skysports.com understands Derby are lining up a move for Accrington hot-shot Michael Symes.

Symes has been attracting the interest of a host of clubs higher up the football pyramid after an impressive season at Accrington.

The former Everton youngster has netted 13 goals so far this season and Accrington are facing a fight to keep hold of the 26-year-old.

Derby are keen to bolster their attacking options and they are believed to have watched Symes in action this season.

The Rams could firm up their interest with a bid in the transfer window, with Accrington unlikely to be able to reject a sizeable offer.

Not surprising really, but I hope we can hold onto him till at least the summer
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2010, 17:53   #2
God Member

Re: Derby set sights on Symes :(

Hope a deals not done and dusted till AFTER the 3rd round...Good luck to him if he moves on.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 17:54   #3
God Member

Why is it always Derby who seem to be interested in our Strike Duo, do we have a County mole in the Stanley camp

On a serious note it would not surprise me to see a few clubs sniffing around for Symes, he has had a cracking season so far and for him this season was always going to be a make or break one, just glad Coley showed faith in him where perhaps others wouldn't have and it's paid dividends so far

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 18:07   #4

Management will know how much possibly derailing our season is worth. If Symes or Grant are sold off I only hope Coley has his eye on a realistic replacement - (maybe King, although haven't seen him play) - perhaps someone like James Constable who has banged in a few for Oxford in the conf ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 18:10   #5
Resting in Peace

Coley won't stand in his way if the terms of any deal are right, but what should we hold out for?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 18:12   #6

Good luck to the lad if he goes. Personally i think his touch and footwork and overall play would be good enough for no higher than league 1 but if he went then we would have to wait and see.

Hopefully too if they bought him it would be for a good amount, and having got him for free its top business by coley, what league 2 is all about really

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 18:15   #7
Senior Member+

Hes got to be worth at least £250k IMO
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 18:16   #8
God Member

Unhappy Re: Derby set sights on Symes :(

smudgie;

The former Everton youngster has netted 13 goals so far this season and Accrington are facing a fight to keep hold of the 26-year-old.

The Rams could firm up their interest with a bid in the transfer window, with Accrington unlikely to be able to reject a sizeable offer.

Just wonder what the "Sizeable Offer" would be???? If we start losing players like Grant,Symes,Edwards,Ryan, then it would be like looking up at that £308K tax bill again.... In my opinion

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 18:19   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
smudgie;

Just wonder what the "Sizeable Offer" would be???? If we start losing players like Grant,Symes,Edwards,Ryan, then it would be like looking up at that £308K tax bill again.... In my opinion

Maybe even worse as if they all went, form can drop in an instant and back down the table we could go...

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 18:27   #10
God Member

The thing with any Football Club is players are always going to be linked with moves out & moves in, so maybe no need to press the panic button just yet.

The bigger picture is that the Club must do what is best for all parties concerned should it come to players moving on it must be with the right fee and the correct replacements to keep everything on track.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 18:37   #11
Senior Member+

Just hope he stays till at least the summer as, if he does go and he doesnt get in straight away etc he will just be like craney and slip back down the league, only roberts has done well from stanley playing in league one now looking at play-offs, hope symes atleast holds of till the summer, better deal for both than.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 19:04   #12
God Member

I'm not sure if Symes' current deal expires at the end of this season or not. If so, it may be wise to cash in now. I'm sure someone will know about that. Whatever happens I know Coley (and Coley alone) will make the best decision for the club.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 19:10   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I'm not sure if Symes' current deal expires at the end of this season or not. If so, it may be wise to cash in now. I'm sure someone will know about that. Whatever happens I know Coley (and Coley alone) will make the best decision for the club.
Can go with that, much as i would hate hate symes to leave, i think though if his deal is longer than end of season, it would be wiser to wait 4 months, as i'm sure he will have bagged 20 plus by season end, n that should "Double" todays valuation, whatever that is.
Old 01-01-2010, 19:15   #14

I would expect £500,000 for Symes, and another £500,000 for Grant. I think they could both make it in the championship. I hope they stay at Stanley
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 19:16   #15
Super Moderator

As far as I know Symesy + Bobby's contracts expire in June. Both could then go for free!! Although I guess as Bobby is under 24 and our "homegrown" player we'd get something via a commission/tribunal. Guess around £10-50+ VAT!! Hence then need to look a realistic offers now IMHO
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..