Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2008, 13:39   #1
God Member

Diddles on Ebay

The other day I bid for and won an old Stanley shirt on Ebay, it was shown as the Hollands red home shirt with white long sleeves from I think the 94/95 season, I was chuffed to bits to have finally got my hands on this shirt ...... until it arrived today and it turned out to be the short sleeved home shirt with the yellow trim on the collar which I already have, although at the moment it is residing on the Crown ceiling. I am not a happy bunny at the moment so come on lads, get us the three points today and I might just start to feel a little better
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2008, 14:14   #2
God Member

Re: Diddles on Ebay

was that the one where they only had the 'cartoon' image?

contact ebay and demand a refund, if paid by paypal you can get the paymebnt back
Old 29-03-2008, 14:17   #3
God Member

Yea that was the one, I knew it was a risk with them not showing a proper picture but decided to go for it anyway. Have already contacted ebay about it, just waiting for an answer
Old 31-03-2008, 14:09   #4
Senior Member+

Hope you get it sorted with them, thats not on people deceiving you like that
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:08   #5
God Member

Finally had a reply from the bloke who sold me the shirt, basically saying he will not refund my money because he bought it at an auction and was told it was the 94/95 shirt but he is not a football fan and would not know. He does not need to be a fan to see that the shirt in the picture he posted and the one he sent to me are completely different!
Apparently I have to wait 10 days from when I got the item to put a complaint in to Ebay & get my money back through Paypal so fingers crossed they will see he's sold the shirt under false pretences and give me my money back.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:19   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Finally had a reply from the bloke who sold me the shirt, basically saying he will not refund my money because he bought it at an auction and was told it was the 94/95 shirt but he is not a football fan and would not know. He does not need to be a fan to see that the shirt in the picture he posted and the one he sent to me are completely different!
Apparently I have to wait 10 days from when I got the item to put a complaint in to Ebay & get my money back through Paypal so fingers crossed they will see he's sold the shirt under false pretences and give me my money back.

When you get it sorted maybe you could put his ebay username on here so nobody else gets ripped off. Amazing how he knew how much to pay at auction yet doesn't know anything about it's value
Old 03-04-2008, 10:09   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
When you get it sorted maybe you could put his ebay username on here so nobody else gets ripped off. Amazing how he knew how much to pay at auction yet doesn't know anything about it's value
Will do - he didn't even try to apologise for his cock-up which shows he knew what he was doing.
Old 03-04-2008, 14:09   #8
God Member

The joker has now in answer to my negative feedback said :
'Buyer is trying to use blackmail to get refund by using negative feedback, top was as described'. No, it wasn't - this is going to be fun
Old 03-04-2008, 14:17   #9
God Member

I once got neg feedback from a pirate who had sold me a copy cd.
He got booted off ebay but they could not remove the negative feedback even though I was blameless

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 14:18   #10
God Member

Quote:
'Buyer is trying to use blackmail to get refund by using negative feedback, top was as described'. No, it wasn't - this is going to be fun

Report his feedback to e-bay and tell him you are going to seek legal advice for libel.
Old 03-04-2008, 15:22   #11
God Member

Quote:
Hell hath no fury, like a Stanley Fan Diddled!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 17:12   #12
God Member

Quote:

go over their heads! log in to paypal - click on details of the sale and then you get the option of clicking a link that says resolution centre. Report it to paypal and the money gets frozen at the other end where he can do nothing with it until resolution. I think that is how you do it but somebody did it to me when the 3 day delivery I had promised turned into a 4 day delivery!
Old 03-04-2008, 17:16   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
go over their heads! log in to paypal - click on details of the sale and then you get the option of clicking a link that says resolution centre. Report it to paypal and the money gets frozen at the other end where he can do nothing with it until resolution. I think that is how you do it but somebody did it to me when the 3 day delivery I had promised turned into a 4 day delivery!

Thats correct, and Paypal nearly always sides with the buyer.
Old 03-04-2008, 17:43   #14
God Member

Thanks for the advice Macca and Dave - gonna go on and report it now, will keep you posted as to what happens.
Old 03-04-2008, 19:46   #15
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
go over their heads! log in to paypal - click on details of the sale and then you get the option of clicking a link that says resolution centre. Report it to paypal and the money gets frozen at the other end where he can do nothing with it until resolution.
I was going to suggest this way because I recently received a refund from something I bought, if you win you get your cash back but I don't think it helps you with the feedback.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..