Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LongLostSon
  • 1 Post By MikeA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2014, 20:07   #1
God Member

Different rules?

Just read on teletext that Chesterfield, despite playing an ineligible player in their FA cup game v MK Dons are being allowed to replay the game.
How come, when we did the same against Tranmere in the paintpot trophy a few years ago we had to resign from the competition?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-12-2014, 20:40   #2

Re: Different rules?

I know nuffin - but suspect it may be because the Football Association control the FA Cup, whereas the League control the paintpot. Shame 'cos when I turn up with me boots on matchday and plead with Coley to "give us a game", he tells me he is not ageist (?) 'cos I'm knocking on 71 - but he simply daren't as I'm not registered. Hadn't thought of asking him on FA cup day though - mmmm, Man U here I come cos a replay would be beneficial !
AccyMad likes this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 20:52   #3
God Member

Did Bury not get chucked out of the FA Cup a couple of years ago, for the same thing?
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 21:35   #4
Resting in Peace

Just listen to Chesterfields walking car crash of a Chief Executive Officer giving his reaction to the ruling. Unbelievable.

https://audioboom.com/boos/2732986-i...c-chris-turner
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 22:45   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
Did Bury not get chucked out of the FA Cup a couple of years ago, for the same thing?
Exactly, but they only played someone as a sub for 10 minutes; Chesterfield's player was on the field for the whole match. Quite understandably, they're not too impressed with the FA's decision on Bury's MannyRoadEnd. As for Chesterfield's chairman, his interview technique puts him on a par with Herefraud United's Andy Lonsdale and that's saying summat!
AccyMad likes this.

Last edited by MikeA; 15-12-2014 at 22:48.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 17:56   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Just listen to Chesterfields walking car crash of a Chief Executive Officer giving his reaction to the ruling. Unbelievable.

https://audioboom.com/boos/2732986-i...c-chris-turner
What a complete bellend bet he gets on really well with The Snake
Old 16-12-2014, 18:34   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
What a complete bellend bet he gets on really well with The Snake
What a Richard head!!
Was he p'd in this interview?
Thank God he is not at our club.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..