Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2022, 18:16   #151
Senior Member+

Re: Dion

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
That's true but I can't think of any other trade were if you don't " work " your sacked.
I think I get what you're saying but you've used a double negative.
He turned up he trained.
Can't sack anyone for that.
If we had sacked him no fee.
Crap situation and maybe the truth will out at some point.
Outcome is the best the club could hope for.

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 04-01-2022 at 18:21.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2022, 18:27   #152
Senior Member+

Can I just ask as well ....... has anyone seen Jackson play in the last 12 months ?
Injury prone ?
If he's not good enough for Ipswich why is he good enough for us ?
Where's the 4k wages a week coming from ?
Remember he's another sulker ...... Ipswich sent him to train with the under 23's last season. Sound familiar ?
Old 04-01-2022, 18:31   #153
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
Now in trouble for historic social media posts.
This? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59873447
cashman likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 19:03   #154
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
He's the gift that keeps on giving - what a little gem
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 19:07   #155
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

lets be honest, he has too apologise they have just signed him, gave him a big rise.what else could he do? they are welcome to the bum. funny though to me how Bolton found out about this PDQ,
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 04-01-2022 at 19:09.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 19:47   #156
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
lets be honest, he has too apologise they have just signed him, gave him a big rise.what else could he do? they are welcome to the bum. funny though to me how Bolton found out about this PDQ,
Someone's grassed on him ........
Old 04-01-2022, 19:58   #157
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Someone's grassed on him ........
thats cheered me up a bit. serves the bum right.
Old 04-01-2022, 21:09   #158
Senior Member+

The trouble is, I know I made such comments when I was in my teens, and I'm pretty sure if you were a boy growing up anywhere like Accy in the 50s, 60s or 70s, maybe even much later, you did too. But luckily social media didn't exist, so we just made the comments and they vanished in the wind.

So I'm always a bit reluctant to condemn anyone for stuff they said (or posted) in their youth, provided they now genuinely appreciate how hurtful those words could be. People have to be allowed to grow up and they mostly do, as I hope I did ..... some take longer than others .....
MikeA, cashman, mab and 3 others like this.
Old 05-01-2022, 08:56   #159
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

im sure all of us made comments like he did, i think its the WOKE society that makes a big deal of it.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:59   #160
God Member

actually i,d never appologise for something i did as a kid or a teenager. possibly i,d not like reading posts that were not my views now but i,d never be offended about them unless it was personally directed at me and were wrong. all this expectation of youngsters having old heads on their shoulders will never happen but if they follow a certain line can say or have said anything they wish. all the easily offended brigade just do not read things in the first place. i do not read anything lefty, woke stuff to wind me up.
NORTHERNSOUL likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 11:02   #161
God Member

back to charles reality. watched on ifollow the hartlepool v bolton game last night where he made his debut. was hoping not to praise him but had a good 60 minutes after a slow start. had 3 efforts that looked more or less goal bound blocked. took a couple of defenders out with one move and they looked less like scoring once he went off.
Old 05-01-2022, 14:18   #162
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
back to charles reality. watched on ifollow the hartlepool v bolton game last night where he made his debut. was hoping not to praise him but had a good 60 minutes after a slow start. had 3 efforts that looked more or less goal bound blocked. took a couple of defenders out with one move and they looked less like scoring once he went off.
Can we just forget him and move on.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 23:40   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
There are people scanning Twitter when anyone hits the headlines and when they find evidence from years back they sell the story for a relatively small amount but if you're outing hundreds a month there's decent money to be made for very little work. And that's before what can be made by pointing out to people what's in their "Twitter Past"

It's interesting that in 2 years at Accy it didn't come to light but then did just 2 days after he signed for the Bolton Dog Botherers it did.

What amazes me is that anyone who has a posting history like this doesn't just delete their Twitter account the minute they hit the spotlight and start a new sanitised one.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:22   #164
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Can we just forget him and move on.
agree, but it was only a co incidence he was playing and not the reason i watched the game. thought i,d comment as i doubt anyone else watched the game.
Old 06-01-2022, 09:25   #165
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post

What amazes me is that anyone who has a posting history like this doesn't just delete their Twitter account the minute they hit the spotlight and start a new sanitised one.
or why bother having the account in the first place. know i,m not that generation but there will be plenty in it that cannot be bothered with it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..