Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2021, 12:09   #31

Re: Dion

I don't pretend to know more than nowt about transfer shananigans. However, where there's brass involved and agents it isn't difficult to imagine a scenario where it might have been whispered in the lad's ear that a bigger club move is on if the price tag can be slashed. Agents will not have any regard to club loyalty/fairness - nor do they attach the remotest importance to the fact that their moneyspinner is showing contempt towards his teammates. Spent too much time throwing his sel on the grass appealing to the ref for me.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2021, 07:44   #32
God Member

With Colby out, I wonder if we will see Dion on Saturday??

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 07:59   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
With Colby out, I wonder if we will see Dion on Saturday??
I doubt it Joe!
If he does turn up though, Dion is more than welcome to come and stand with us in the Clayton End! I will lend him a red and white scarf. He can experience the Pride and the Passion of the Stanley Faithful and perhaps we can talk some sense into him!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 15:25   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I doubt it Joe!
If he does turn up though, Dion is more than welcome to come and stand with us in the Clayton End! I will lend him a red and white scarf. He can experience the Pride and the Passion of the Stanley Faithful and perhaps we can talk some sense into him!
yeh have to have a brain to talk sense to yon mon.and he aint got one.
Old 13-11-2021, 08:22   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yeh have to have a brain to talk sense to yon mon.and he aint got one.
he might have got one but looks like someone who prefers to act on bad advice rather than good. if he,s not careful he,ll be back on the skid row of the non league scene.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 11:09   #36

The recent interview with JC has at least thrown some light on the situation, but there are always 2 sides to every argument & so far we've only heard the clubs version.
Putting aside the actual value of any offer, 'if' another club did make a last minute bid for Charles, it would naturally make him think twice before signing any new contract.
All players want to play at a higher level & it stands to reason that it was probably; 1.A bigger club & 2.Paying higher wages.
What concerns me is that the rest of the squad may actually sympathise with Charles on the way he's subsequently been frozen out.
Perhaps he's not the only player who's withdrawn his labour?
Just a wild guess.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 11:32   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
he might have got one but looks like someone who prefers to act on bad advice rather than good. if he,s not careful he,ll be back on the skid row of the non league scene.
how has he got a brain? if yer right and prefers to act on bad advice.
Old 24-11-2021, 12:18   #38
God Member

Unhappy Re: Dion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
The recent interview with JC has at least thrown some light on the situation, but there are always 2 sides to every argument & so far we've only heard the clubs version.
Putting aside the actual value of any offer, 'if' another club did make a last minute bid for Charles, it would naturally make him think twice before signing any new contract.
All players want to play at a higher level & it stands to reason that it was probably; 1.A bigger club & 2.Paying higher wages.
What concerns me is that the rest of the squad may actually sympathise with Charles on the way he's subsequently been frozen out.
Perhaps he's not the only player who's withdrawn his labour?
Just a wild guess.
£200k from Hibs on deadline day.

Poor offer, better Club.

Colby had an offer more than 3 times that from Peterborough.....

Whatever, things are not great

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 13:00   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
£200k from Hibs on deadline day.

Poor offer, better Club.

Colby had an offer more than 3 times that from Peterborough.....

Whatever, things are not great

That Hibs offer branded about in the press wasn't true that's a fact from a very reliable source there was a derogatory offer from an unknown source at the last minute and was turned down flat which is the clubs perogative, what I would like to know is who decided he wasn't playing Dion or the club as said we have only heard one side of the story.Ihave heard of training ground bust ups other players not wanting to sign improved contracts and certain players not wanting to train.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 13:32   #40

Which club made the offer & whatever was offered is irrelevant.
The point in question, if JC is to be believed, is that Charles only offered to re-sign if there was no bid forthcoming.
Of course the club are entitled to reject any offer, but the fact that someone showed interest would only convince Charles to hold back.
No one really knows if Charles has downed tools or has been frozen out by the club.
Simply trying to understand both sides of the argument.
Old 24-11-2021, 13:36   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Which club made the offer & whatever was offered is irrelevant.
The point in question, if JC is to be believed, is that Charles only offered to re-sign if there was no bid forthcoming.
Of course the club are entitled to reject any offer, but the fact that someone showed interest would only convince Charles to hold back.
No one really knows if Charles has downed tools or has been frozen out by the club.
Simply trying to understand both sides of the argument.
People are missing the point here that he his currently under contract if he refuses to play he breaches it the fact he is still here raises suspicion to me we aren't being told the whole story.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 13:41   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
People are missing the point here that he his currently under contract if he refuses to play he breaches it the fact he is still here raises suspicion to me we aren't being told the whole story.
That point is only relevant if he is refusing to play.
Unless you know something we don't?
Old 25-11-2021, 09:36   #43
God Member

everything is just guess work. is he actually traing with the first team or actually training at all. is he available for selection, refusing to play or the management refusing to play him. for the success of the club something needs to happen quickly in january and not in the last few minutes of the window when its too late to replace him.
Old 25-11-2021, 11:31   #44
Full Member+

At the recent forum AH confirmed Dion was training with the Youth Team.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2021, 08:11   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
At the recent forum AH confirmed Dion was training with the Youth Team.
thats usually seen as a sort of punishment for a player if true.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..