Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2022, 13:47   #121
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Dion

why is it better than the truth?
Old 01-01-2022, 13:54   #122

I’m not saying it is - sometimes it’s the things that aren’t said that yield a better outcome!
monkey hanger likes this.
coley1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 14:15   #123
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well i was brought up to tell the truth simple as.
Old 01-01-2022, 16:30   #124

Cashy - like you, I was also brought up to tell the truth. The point I’m making here is simply that at times, we have to err on the side of diplomacy because if we always spoke the truth, then there would be an awful lot of unhappy people! Happy New Year by the way! ��
Tin Monkey likes this.
coley1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 16:55   #125
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley1957 View Post
Cashy - like you, I was also brought up to tell the truth. The point I’m making here is simply that at times, we have to err on the side of diplomacy because if we always spoke the truth, then there would be an awful lot of unhappy people! Happy New Year by the way! ��
agree but cant help the way i am at my age.plus anyone unhappy with the truth i feel sorry for.
Old 01-01-2022, 21:29   #126
Senior Member+

Dion ‘wotsizname’ Charlie has gone now.
He is histry!

Forget ‘im and gerron wit future.
The future is RED AND WHITE.
ON STANLEY ON.
KEEP THE FAITH.
pifco likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 08:33   #127
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree but cant help the way i am at my age.plus anyone unhappy with the truth i feel sorry for.
sometimes saying nothing and ignoring the person or the situation can hurt em more than getting into a barny with them. they want you to bite just for them to bite back. its not about lies and truth its finding the best policy to use at your advantage.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 08:35   #128
God Member

anyway lets hope this thread now comes quickly to an end with it being consigned to history and never be brought up with any other player ever again.
cashman, Greger, choirboy and 1 others like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 16:31   #129
Full Member+

Can't complain if the fee was anything like the £320k reported in a Bolton paper.

Dion probably got a much better deal too, good luck to him, and so much for 'bad advice'.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 17:07   #130
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
sometimes saying nothing and ignoring the person or the situation can hurt em more than getting into a barny with them. they want you to bite just for them to bite back. its not about lies and truth its finding the best policy to use at your advantage.
yer right but not my way at all.
Old 02-01-2022, 17:32   #131
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Can't complain if the fee was anything like the £320k reported in a Bolton paper.

Dion probably got a much better deal too, good luck to him, and so much for 'bad advice'.
Except that a huge chunk of that (40% i believe) has to be paid to Southport but if Bolton are desperate enough to pay that for a player who cannot possibly be match fit & it rids us of a bad apple then fair enough
keep the faith likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:47   #132
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

good advice should be followed but STUPIDITY should not.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:18   #133
God Member

Quote:

3 and a half year deal probably on a much bigger wage shows that's all he,s interested in to me.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 12:20   #134
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
3 and a half year deal probably on a much bigger wage shows that's all he,s interested in to me.
Like every one else in the world. It could be his last contract and he has gone to a decent club.

There is no loyalty from players or managers in football.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 12:54   #135
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well if you think Bolton are a decent club carry on.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..