Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2015, 12:45   #1

Disgrace

Today's game being postponed certainly is a disgrace as it as resulted in two home games in a row being postponed and was postponed far too late, it should have been postponed earlier or yesterday so the away fans didn't have a wasted journey, I will be posting a letter to the club suggesting covers get put on the pitch prior to the heavy rain if it is forecast for next home game.
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-12-2015, 12:48   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Disgrace

Are you a Stanley fan or what? cos i have serious doubt about that.its obvious to me that this is down to a ref having little commonsense.

Last edited by cashman; 12-12-2015 at 12:51.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:52   #3

How many threads do you need to start about this? Just write your letter without telling us every day. Covers would make no difference as there is nowhere for the water to drain into as every man and his dog have told you.

Next time you are looking at a set of fans to help try the other end of the alphabet.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 13:25   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
Today's game being postponed certainly is a disgrace as it as resulted in two home games in a row being postponed and was postponed far too late, it should have been postponed earlier or yesterday so the away fans didn't have a wasted journey, I will be posting a letter to the club suggesting covers get put on the pitch prior to the heavy rain if it is forecast for next home game.
For heaven's sake, you cannot keep serious rain off a football pitch with covers!! It's not like a (6 asterisks) tennis court. You need to roof the stadium as at Cardiff, or erect a tent that covers the whole thing including the stands. Covers work with frost, not rain.

Yes, it probably/possibly should have been postponed earlier. But that is not the club's sole decision. As you have pointed out, there will now have been a six week gap between home games - this is not a disgrace, but it is a potential financial nightmare, new backing notwithstanding.
cashman likes this.
Old 12-12-2015, 13:40   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
For heaven's sake, you cannot keep serious rain off a football pitch with covers!! It's not like a (6 asterisks) tennis court. You need to roof the stadium as at Cardiff, or erect a tent that covers the whole thing including the stands. Covers work with frost, not rain.

Yes, it probably/possibly should have been postponed earlier. But that is not the club's sole decision. As you have pointed out, there will now have been a six week gap between home games - this is not a disgrace, but it is a potential financial nightmare, new backing notwithstanding.
Aye but thats commonsense, somerset won't understand it.
Old 12-12-2015, 14:20   #6

Quote:
. I will be posting a letter to the club.
FFS get it posted ASAP, then you don't need to bother coming on here again!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 15:00   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
FFS get it posted ASAP, then you don't need to bother coming on here again!
As previously noted K itch, this man/woman is merely a nuisance who must be avoided !!...
His tedious interjections then should be ignored by all .
KiTChener likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 15:05   #8
Full Member+

Although I agree this game could and should have been cancelled earlier , don't blame the club , they will have been as frustrated as the fans. Now lets get things into perspective , look elsewhere people have their houses flooded etc, etc we lucky we only missing a game!
yonmon likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 15:15   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Although I agree this game could and should have been cancelled earlier , don't blame the club , they will have been as frustrated as the fans. Now lets get things into perspective , look elsewhere people have their houses flooded etc, etc we lucky we only missing a game!
The ref was yon at 11-00, commonsense should have prevailed, but as usual none was used.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 12-12-2015, 15:32   #10
God Member

no other words for it. I could think of a lot but cannot be posted on here. took me 90 mins to get home instead of 45 and never seen as much water on the roads or around the ground also. had a peep through the gates and the far side was flooded. don't know what the refs. thinking was knowing forcasts for rain but I suppose that we are only supporters and we are the last to know things if ever. not a happy monkey to say the least.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 15:41   #11

Having seen the pictures on twitter it's hard to see what the ref was thinking.

Only another half hour and I'll be home.
Old 12-12-2015, 16:02   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Having seen the pictures on twitter it's hard to see what the ref was thinking.

Only another half hour and I'll be home.
I think you should be applauded for your effort,s just to cheer you up after today,s results if and it,s a big if we ever play our 2 games in hand and win by more than 3 clear goals we would be second we can but dream safe journey for the rest of the way,
cashman, yonmon and odders like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 16:36   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I think you should be applauded for your effort,s just to cheer you up after today,s results if and it,s a big if we ever play our 2 games in hand and win by more than 3 clear goals we would be second we can but dream safe journey for the rest of the way,
Thank you. I'm sure that there are many Stanley fans throughout the season putting in similar efforts to follow the team accross the country

It's good to see the results went our way as well
cashman and yonmon like this.
Old 12-12-2015, 19:00   #14
God Member

Quote:
Today this divvy will be posting a letter to the club suggesting covers get put on the pitch prior to the heavy rain if it is forecast for next home game.
here you go ya divvy, the cover was on

covered pitch.jpgcourtesy of Kipax.com
Old 12-12-2015, 19:32   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yer being a bit unfair on divvys mate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..