Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2005, 12:26   #1

Talking Disgraceful behaviour of your fans

Most clubs of our size rely for a great deal of their income on the generous support of sponsors. At Morecambe we have a sponsors' lounge which, because it was built before the days of segregation at matches, happens to be in the away end. Last night some of your so-called fans saw fit to raise their big ASFC banners in front of the sponsors' windows, blocking their view for much of the second half.
This will, no doubt, have seriously impeded their view and ruined their enjoyment of the night's action. These are the very people who help keep clubs like ours alive.
It was a disgraceful act, very childish and spiteful...

...and very, very funny indeed.
Good perormance last night from your ten players and fans. Accy played better football than I've seen from them for a number of years and were hard but fair in the tackle (by and large). I thought the sending off was a no-brainer, he had to go (don't make a fool of yourself Coley) and the ref spent the rest of the game looking to give you whatever he could. Mullin got away with backing in virtually all night and eventually got a penalty from it.
(Don't blame him for trying it on, it's up to the ref to pull him up). Twissy's quality was the difference between us.
Great game though and it will be good to lock horns with eleven Accy players later in the season.
Cracking game.
shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2005, 12:54   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Disgraceful behaviour of your fans

Thanks that me! Your stewards were great " Hey mate can you lower them a bit!"

Yeah no probs, looked at each other shrugged & put them higher so they had to stand to watch the last 10 mins............

Good Night , Pap Result, Shocking Ref, Quiet Home fans...........

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 14:17   #3

Quiet Home fans...........[/QUOTE]

As I said on our board yesterday you can't really say that. From our end our noise was great for most of the game. We could just about hear you on a couple of occasions (though I could tell you were chanting because we could see you moving) but I guess from where you were standing it sounded as if you were making a deafening noise - it's all about acoustics. And there's one thing I do know - the acoustics are better when you have a roof!
At one stage some of your lads were doing a bit of synchronised jumping at the back, jumping in a line to the left and then to the right and then back. That could be worth working on. If everyone of you did it it would be a pretty good effect.
Good luck anyway.
Old 28-09-2005, 14:40   #4
Resting in Peace

It's always the same , isn't it. Both sets of fans thinking they are the only ones making a noise for their team.

The pity is that it is only a small section of most teams fans who get behind their team vocally. It should be a condition of entry to the Clayton end at the "Crown" that everybody has to join in - not just cheer when a goal goes in or abuse the ref every 2 minutes.
By the way, the Morecambe fans conga was a bit previous last night - didn't see any sign of it in the last 10 minutes!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 15:02   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine
It's always the same , isn't it. Both sets of fans thinking they are the only ones making a noise for their team.

The pity is that it is only a small section of most teams fans who get behind their team vocally. It should be a condition of entry to the Clayton end at the "Crown" that everybody has to join in - not just cheer when a goal goes in or abuse the ref every 2 minutes.
By the way, the Morecambe fans conga was a bit previous last night - didn't see any sign of it in the last 10 minutes!
Possibly the same ones who were singing 'the Shrimps are going up!' - eeeh these young 'uns!
Old 28-09-2005, 16:07   #6
Junior Member+

Who are the mods on this?

Deleting topics. It would be different if you beat us wouldn't it. Rejects
mfcforeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 18:31   #7

Talking Re: Disgraceful behaviour of your fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfcforeva
Who are the mods on this?

Deleting topics. It would be different if you beat us wouldn't it. Rejects
Not surprised with the garbage you tried to post - Conference North next season?? Arent you confusing us with Alty? Reject..

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 19:36   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower
Not surprised with the garbage you tried to post - Conference North next season?? Arent you confusing us with Alty? Reject..

Jimbo T blower
Please Jimbo 'Don't feed the trolls' it's way past their bedtime, funny how mallice creeps in and it's usually kids who get the rest of us a bad name.

We enjoy our football us northerners and let's hope both our sides make it to the Football league and fly the flag for all of Lancashire.
OLDHAMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 20:45   #9
Senior Member+

Nice post shrimper, looking forward to the return.

As for noise, your fans whistling for the ref to end it was going through my head all the way home.

Just a comment on your forward line, not so much playing with width as with girth, what do they feed them on?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 22:46   #10

Talking Re: Disgraceful behaviour of your fans

Cockles (sorry I just couldnt hold back on that one)

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2005, 12:25   #11

Just a comment on your forward line, not so much playing with width as with girth, what do they feed them on?

All pumped up and ready for action, many hours in the club gym on the weights would account for their bulk, not an ounce of fat on any of the aforementioned, unlike the Hollands brigade who maybe a tad envious of not being in the same kind of shape
OLDHAMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2005, 14:21   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy
Nice post shrimper, looking forward to the return.

As for noise, your fans whistling for the ref to end it was going through my head all the way home.

Without wishing to sound like a reet Jessy, you want to see them at close quarters. Twiss has thigh and bicep muscles like a middleweight body builder, Curtis has shoulders like a quarterback and Thompson is a NW England class sprinter with leg muscles to match. As Oldhamade says, not a scrap of fat on any of them.

....and the buttocks, well I could swoon at the sight of them, now where did I put that cross-stitch pattern?
Old 30-09-2005, 14:30   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimper
Without wishing to sound like a reet Jessy, you want to see them at close quarters. Twiss has thigh and bicep muscles like a middleweight body builder, Curtis has shoulders like a quarterback and Thompson is a NW England class sprinter with leg muscles to match. As Oldhamade says, not a scrap of fat on any of them.

....and the buttocks, well I could swoon at the sight of them, now where did I put that cross-stitch pattern?
I was more amazed at the shortness of some of your players, rather than their muscle tone.

If you were a fisherman you'd be sure to throw quite as few of them back into the sea.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2005, 16:35   #14
Senior Member+

a song us rovers fans sang against morecombe in the pre-season freindly up there...not sure if any other teams know it or sing it .....hope it doesnt cause offence

***Offensive content removed***

I can't see any reason why that would NOT cause offence. Please refrain from posting things like that in future.

Z

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!

Last edited by ZOMBIE; 30-09-2005 at 21:43.
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..