Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2017, 13:45   #1
I am Banned

Diving

New powers to come into place next year to tackle divers

http://www.thefa.com/home/news/2017/...-180517‬
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-05-2017, 14:57   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Diving

About time summat was done, won't change a result though.
Old 18-05-2017, 15:50   #3
I am Banned

Will be a 2 match ban for anybody caught Diving
Old 18-05-2017, 17:27   #4

It should be a 3 game ban and a large fine, diving can ruin a football game
monkey hanger likes this.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 19:57   #5
God Member

Thought I heard on the radio that, before it can be enforced, it has to be accepted by the PL, EFL, and even, for some reason, the PFA.
Almost as much bureaucracy in football as the EU.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 20:08   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Thought I heard on the radio that, before it can be enforced, it has to be accepted by the PL, EFL, and even, for some reason, the PFA.
Almost as much bureaucracy in football as the EU.
Sure the FA had said they'd voted for it and it will happen
Old 18-05-2017, 20:14   #7
God Member

Yes, the FA have voted for it but before it can come into force those three other 'stakeholders' have also to agree. They may do so, or have said that they will, but I don't know if it's entirely within the FA's powers to impose it against the will of the other parties.
Old 18-05-2017, 21:44   #8
Senior Member+

And what happens in a situation such as that in the Luton v Blackpool game this evening when the utterly useless Darren Deadman awarded a penalty after a blatant dive by Danny Hylton? Hylton scored the penalty - but would he be retrospectively banned?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 21:56   #9
Senior Member+

They are also talking of retrospective action by viewing the incident after the match has finished.
If that is the case, what will they do when a player has been booked, and possibly sent off, for diving when it later becomes evident that the player was indeed fouled. Do they rescind the card and any punishment that followed - what if a penalty was awarded (foul play in the penalty area), will they change the result? This could turn into an absolute screw up, even if the match is stopped to review the incident as in R.U. then we can look forward to extended match time. Look what happened when they changed the offside laws.
Of course the TV pundits don't help the current situation, not very often that two of them agree.
Old 18-05-2017, 21:57   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
And what happens in a situation such as that in the Luton v Blackpool game this evening when the utterly useless Darren Deadman awarded a penalty after a blatant dive by Danny Hylton? Hylton scored the penalty - but would he be retrospectively banned?
Of Blackpool complained the the FA panel would revue the footage and if found guilty of diving would be banned
Old 19-05-2017, 08:00   #11
God Member

in a perfect world there would be no diving but once its there its hard to get rid of. a lot of it is me its just more pressure on officialsabout the angle the ref sees the incident. seen games myself when an incident looks like a dive from where i,ve been sat but others have said contact was made when they were in another part of the ground. then the slow motion replays you get are not 100 per cent for a decision. just more problems for officials and we know what,ll happen for stanley players don,t we.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 09:41   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Of Blackpool complained the the FA panel would revue the footage and if found guilty of diving would be banned
Last night it wouldn't have mattered but what if Hylton's penalty had won the match for Luton? That's the difficulty of retrospective refereeing. The cheater's team could still win. But if the incident can be reviewed immediately, the resulting penalty would not have been given.
Sam Allardyce is asking what happens, retrospectively, to to the player who gets booked for diving but was genuinely fouled. Perhaps they'll introduce an appeal process for every referee's decision. That'll suit much the media, of course, as it'll give them more to endlessly blather about.
What it reveals is the growing disparity between watching live football (played in the here and now, in real time, refereed by human beings with human imperfections) and watching what may as well be virtual football (played on a screen, in slow-motion, endlessly replayed, from ten different angles, 'refereed ' by 'experts' who can pontificate as if they have the wisdom of Solomon).
AccyMad, cashman, Chimer and 4 others like this.
Old 21-05-2017, 16:52   #13
Senior Member+

If the FA are to use any 'Teaching Videos' then they must surely watch some of the famous......
RORY PRENDERGAST........
Diver extraordinaire!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 18:00   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
More importantly would the penalty be declared void and perhaps change the result?
Old 21-05-2017, 18:06   #15
Senior Member+

If someone is running flat out the slightest nudge on one of his legs, at a particular moment, can result in him falling. If the referee, and possibly the linesman, don't get a clear view of the nudge then the player is accused of diving.
Of course all the panel pundits will love the situation - they will get even more chance of telling us how a player cheated and should therefore be banned - and the bias from their playing days kicks in once again.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..