Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2009, 17:25   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Do We Want The Coppice End?

Il go anywhere, as long as we are all together singing loud and proud!!!

Stanley Ultras Having A Party

Bring Your Vodka, Beer, Cider, Sambuca, Gin, Vodka, Wisky and Whatever you want to bring and BACARDI!!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-12-2009, 17:26   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
any development that is subject to funding will only be granted if seats are installed. That is my understanding and it has been corroborated by numerous folk.

I would have liked the ACCRINGTON end to be the Accrington End once again but under those circumstances NOT ON YOUR NELLY.

The understanding I have is that the hierarchy want to put us back into that end and it will be all singing all dancing with cafe and bar facilities etc etc. BUT, how many of the Clayton Enders choose to stand even though seats are available? 90% is how many. An all seater Accrington End with Accrington fans in will mean that, as far as home fans are concerned, WILL BE ALL SEATER!

I am certainly not against the development, just the idea that Accrington fans may have to go in there. NO THANKS
Didn't realise that, Macca. If this is the case, then sod it, rather stay on our little strip of terracing.
Old 24-12-2009, 18:58   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if its gonna be all seating sod that.
Old 24-12-2009, 19:24   #19
Super Moderator

Just had another thought...if they make the Coppice End all-seated, does that mean they'll be able to remove the cursed seats from the Clayton End...or has the structure of the lower terracing been altered so much that this would be impossible?
Old 24-12-2009, 20:45   #20

Just out of curiosity, what is the fascination with standing as opposed to sitting?
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 20:55   #21
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

My under standing of the redevelopment of the ground is a brand new all seated whinney hill stand a new police and Safety control room for Mick Schultz and polices.and a new roof for the coppice end which would remain all standing.with a new set of changing rooms and new tunnel were the old toilet block is at the moment with new offices and club shop at the back of the coppice stand.as the control room has to be near the away fans!the coppices terracing would remain for away fans with a section of seats for away fans in the whinney hill stand. any way thats my understanding.. may be there could be a 50/50 half home half away on the coppices just athought.
Old 24-12-2009, 21:17   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganRed View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is the fascination with standing as opposed to sitting?
Atmosphere.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 21:41   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
much better atmosphere as Mick Griff says, plus ya can't pish down the back of anyones legs sat down. most all seater grounds have become morgues.
Old 25-12-2009, 00:51   #24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Michigan Red, when you eventually make it over, just come and stand on the Clayton End with us lot (if we're still there) and you'll see what the fascination is. It's the craic, mate, it's the craic.
Old 25-12-2009, 10:29   #25
Full Member+

As stated earlier all Football Trust money given for redevelopment of grounds/new stadiums must be all seated. This is why teams such as Shrewsbury & Bournemouth have sparkly new stadiums which are all seated at League Two level and Teams like Burton/Chester and soon to be Morecambe built new stadiums with terracing from the sale of the old grounds.

I think the authoritys are still worried re 1989. Which we all know was not the fault of terracing, though since the Taylor Report in 1990 there has been massive redevelopment across the countrys football grounds which really needed it, gone are big grass banks with barbed wire fencing around them to be replaced with nice shiny steel and glass excutive lounges and so on. But also gone are the traditions of the game. Its understandable clubs wanting to 'exploit' there fans with having more facilities at the ground and bring in more revenue. Grounds that were once open on saturday & wednesday nights are now open 7 days a week for functions and community use, the new stand at Deepdale even has a Health Centre in it for the local area. Sadly with the prices charged now at most grounds people want value for there money, they don't want to stand on wooden sleepers and cinders behind a supporting pillar, they want to sit and clap and eat there £4 hot dog or stand on the concourse watching the game on the Tv (never understood that??) because they've never experienced it and at this rate they never will.

Personally I think the Clayton End is less safe now than last season. The fans can't move around as freely as last season and if your like me and your vertically challenged unless you get to the barrier before kick off then you can't see very well.

So stick a roof on the Coppice and be done with it!!
Old 25-12-2009, 10:51   #26

gaz i will bring a boxs or two so you can stand on them .on monday pal
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 15:47   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Michigan Red, when you eventually make it over, just come and stand on the Clayton End with us lot (if we're still there) and you'll see what the fascination is. It's the craic, mate, it's the craic.

It's a deal, WH. I'm looking forward to it.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 18:26   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
ye will have the pleasure of me also if ya stand wi that reprabate.
Old 25-12-2009, 22:11   #29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Look forward to it, MR, but you have to go for the full Stanley experience including pre-match drinks in the Oak Lea, accompanied by Cashy's and Yonmon's non-PC jokes. You might never want to go back!
Old 25-12-2009, 22:38   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Look forward to it, MR, but you have to go for the full Stanley experience including pre-match drinks in the Oak Lea, accompanied by Cashy's and Yonmon's non-PC jokes. You might never want to go back!
To Michigan he means mate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..