Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-12-2009, 22:58   #31
Super Moderator

Re: Do We Want The Coppice End?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To Michigan he means mate.
Yep, that's what I meant. Stanley is definitely habit-forming...for some, anyway!
Old 26-12-2009, 08:48   #32
Senior Member+

It doesnt matter if its a seated stand. If stanleys own stewards are daft enough to throw out fans for standing up, it will result in a very quiet ground and lower attendances
Posted via Mobile Device
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 09:13   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
It doesnt matter if its a seated stand. If stanleys own stewards are daft enough to throw out fans for standing up, it will result in a very quiet ground and lower attendances
Posted via Mobile Device

This post unfortunately shows your lack of knowledge of the Ground Safety Regulations which ALL clubs with a Ground Safety Certificate MUST comply with, and are regularly inspected to ensure these regs are complied with.

YOU CANNOT STAND FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME IN SEATED AREAS. You know that as you will have read the Ground Regs prior to entering the ground, and the Safety Staff (stewards and management) are duty bound to enforce the regs, as there are penalties for failing to do so. So sorry the stewards aren't being "daft" they are just doing a necessary job. No stewards, no game!!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 09:56   #34
Senior Member+

Most clubs turn a blind eye. Everton never make the away fans sit down, neither do chelsea. No one really cares, if head stewards apply common sense there are no issues. I will never go back to the new meadow after their pathetic stewards made 15 fans sit down at the back of a 2,000 seater stand. Pathetic.
Posted via Mobile Device
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 09:56   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
This post unfortunately shows your lack of knowledge of the Ground Safety Regulations which ALL clubs with a Ground Safety Certificate MUST comply with, and are regularly inspected to ensure these regs are complied with.

YOU CANNOT STAND FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME IN SEATED AREAS. You know that as you will have read the Ground Regs prior to entering the ground, and the Safety Staff (stewards and management) are duty bound to enforce the regs, as there are penalties for failing to do so. So sorry the stewards aren't being "daft" they are just doing a necessary job. No stewards, no game!!!
He's right in one way, though. One of the great attractions of going up the Stanley is that it's proper, old-fashioned football where you can STAND on the terraces. This is exactly what will attract many of those fans of other clubs who we are hoping will adopt us as their second club.

I would, therefore, strongly urge those in charge to concentrate their minds on discovering ways to preserve and indeed expand the standing terrace available for home fans. If they don't, in my opinion, it will be reflected in the attendances.
Old 26-12-2009, 10:03   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I would, therefore, strongly urge those in charge to concentrate their minds on discovering ways to preserve and indeed expand the standing terrace available for home fans. If they don't, in my opinion, it will be reflected in the attendances.
Obviously increased attendances will give the club a chance to maintain it's league status. Does it not also increase the chances of being more succesful of going up the league ? If you get to Championship ( is anybody really hoping the club never get that far ? ) then all seater is a requirement within 3 years. Having said that maybe the Crown Ground wouldn't be the right stadium to host that level of football if the capacity can't be increased.

All seater stadiums are crap, but at the end of the day it's still your team out on the pitch
Old 26-12-2009, 10:11   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Obviously increased attendances will give the club a chance to maintain it's league status. Does it not also increase the chances of being more succesful of going up the league ? If you get to Championship ( is anybody really hoping the club never get that far ? ) then all seater is a requirement within 3 years. Having said that maybe the Crown Ground wouldn't be the right stadium to host that level of football if the capacity can't be increased.

All seater stadiums are crap, but at the end of the day it's still your team out on the pitch
Yep, you're right, Dave, but I reckon we should cross the bridge when we come to it. I can't even begin to imagine Accrington Stanley in the championship at the moment (although ten years ago, I was saying the same about us in the FL!).

If we do have to have an all-seater stadium, it's my understanding that there's some leeway towards the stewards turning a blind eye to standing fans. My son-in-law, who's a Hull season ticket holder tells me that they stand all the way through the match and the stewards don't hassle them.
Old 26-12-2009, 10:27   #38
God Member

Quote:
If we do have to have an all-seater stadium, it's my understanding that there's some leeway towards the stewards turning a blind eye to standing fans. My son-in-law, who's a Hull season ticket holder tells me that they stand all the way through the match and the stewards don't hassle them.
At the Turf the away fans generally get to stand while the home fans are subject to thuggery tactics from the stewards ( which I might add have got worse since they were outsourced a few years ago) I've even had to report one myself a couple of years who threatened to have me thrown out if I kept standing. He really didn't get the point he was standing in front of me and blocking my view, he just wanted to try and find somebody he could use his authority on.. He was banned from working at the ground after I reported him

As DAV007 said earlier there are certain grounds which turn a blind eye, take a look at the Kop next time you watch a Liverpool game. However as Mr T also says the club have to 'officially' toe the line.
Old 26-12-2009, 10:36   #39
Super Moderator

Clubs that "turn a blind eye" to persistant standing in seated areas are risking their Ground Safety Certificate having even more conditions enforced on it.

The issuers of the Certificate are the FLA (Football Licensing Authority) in conjuction with the County Council. Lancashire have a reputation for being "hard line", Merseyside is known to be "softer".

Obvoiusly Burnley and Accy have the same FLA Inspector and County Council. Blackburn have a different Council as they have "withdrawn" from Lancashire!!

This debate could go on forever with everybody having a different view point. At the end of the day however the authorities and their inspectors have the final say, which is then passed down to the Club's Safety Staff.
Old 26-12-2009, 10:49   #40
God Member

Question Re: Do We Want The Coppice End?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Clubs that "turn a blind eye" to persistant standing in seated areas are risking their Ground Safety Certificate having even more conditions enforced on it.

The issuers of the Certificate are the FLA (Football Licensing Authority) in conjuction with the County Council. Lancashire have a reputation for being "hard line", Merseyside is known to be "softer".

Obvoiusly Burnley and Accy have the same FLA Inspector and County Council. Blackburn have a different Council as they have "withdrawn" from Lancashire!!

This debate could go on forever with everybody having a different view point. At the end of the day however the authorities and their inspectors have the final say, which is then passed down to the Club's Safety Staff.
This started out as do we want to The Coppice End as our own? The answer to that would be dependant - in most cases - on if we could have it, as it is now, an all standing terrace! Do we have an answer to that yet Mr. T??

Even your best guess will do, if you do not have an absolute - even then we will blame you if you are wrong

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 10:58   #41
Super Moderator

I'm not 100% sure, so here is MY best guess!!

Any new ground development that is to qualify for a 40% Football Foundation Funding grant, will only qualify with all seated areas. Also the safety people currently like the access/exit strategy for away supporters at Accy, with the main entry for visitors off Livinsgtone Rd ( ie good separation and the ability to hold visitors in the current away end.) If we change the dynamics of the ground areas, this also would need to be reviewed.

From what I understand our main source of funding is from LEGI (Local Enerprise Goverment I??) Down the same rules apply?? Sorry no idea.
I also guess if you pay for it yourself, as long as you meet the necessary safety standards you can do what you want!!

I see it's a Lottery Rollover tonight, here's hoping!!!
Old 26-12-2009, 11:03   #42
God Member

Smile Re: Do We Want The Coppice End?

Thanks for that Mr. T

Old 26-12-2009, 11:11   #43
Super Moderator

So, if the Coppice End is going to be developed as an all-seater away area, is it possible for the Clayton End to be restored to an all-standing home end?
Old 26-12-2009, 11:48   #44
Senior Member+

OK, I would like to chuck in my two'penneth to this debate. If the coppice end is to be all seated, where would the extra space be found to increase the capacity to above 5,000, as I believe that the seating in the away end would seriously decrease the capacity of the ground. If the Coppice end is to be all standing and the Clayton end is to be the new 'away' end, then all I can say is, it has the better burger van(s) (personal interest) and service with a smile. As for access for away supporters, surely the steps at the side of the Crown pub would allow access and possibly away coaches pulling up and allowing supporters off before parking up. Disabled away supporters coaches could use the parking area at the rear of the Clayton end with access from either side available and seating for those that want it, standing for those that don't. The only slight problem would be segregation of the cow shed, unless away fans would still be allowed up to the half way in the cow shed.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 12:46   #45
God Member

Smile Re: Do We Want The Coppice End?

Quote:
So, if the Coppice End is going to be developed as an all-seater away area, is it possible for the Clayton End to be restored to an all-standing home end?
That is a good point that I had missed WH It would incur costs, I suppose, but it is another alternative.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..