Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2009, 08:04   #1
Super Moderator

Do We Want The Coppice End?

According to the LET article below, the ground improvements are taking place next summer, including a roof over the Coppice End.

Future looking brighter for a united Accrington Stanley (From Lancashire Telegraph)

With this in mind, should we be looking to move there? I love the Clayton End, but for me anyway, it's just not been the same since the seats were installed. I'd much rather be on a full standing terrace, even if it means moving to the other end of the ground. What does anyone else think?
Old 24-12-2009, 08:22   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Do We Want The Coppice End?

with a roof on coppice end i reckon much preferable to what clayton end as become wi seating.
Old 24-12-2009, 08:36   #3
Resting in Peace

Yes!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 08:55   #4

A full Terrace is always a winner over any seating !
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 08:57   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
According to the LET article below, the ground improvements are taking place next summer, including a roof over the Coppice End.

Future looking brighter for a united Accrington Stanley (From Lancashire Telegraph)

With this in mind, should we be looking to move there? I love the Clayton End, but for me anyway, it's just not been the same since the seats were installed. I'd much rather be on a full standing terrace, even if it means moving to the other end of the ground. What does anyone else think?
If I was an Accy fan Id definately rather be in a standing terrace with a roof. The atmosphere will be alot better. I went in the Clayton end a couple of times this season and credit to your ultras they really give it some but having seats does seem to stop the ones at the front singing.
carlmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 09:09   #6

Yes I would change ends if it had a roof on. I will miss the,YOUR GETTING WET AND WERE NOT. The Sun comes from the side over main stand ,so that would not be a problem. It would add to the atmosphere,and enhance the look of the ground,so bring it on.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 09:28   #7

have both!! stick away fans in the cow shed..
Old 24-12-2009, 09:55   #8
God Member

Exclamation Re: Do We Want The Coppice End?

Would defo want The Coppice End as ours, but spoke to TheDON about this the other week and there was an issue with seating Any new development, must have seats! TheDON was arguing that it is not a new development, just an overhaul!!! Had a quick look through the atricle posted by WH, cannot see any talk of seats The beauty of putting the away fans in the Clayton End, is that they can sit or stand, all in the same area - no issues all round.

Coppice End Standing for me please

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 10:46   #9

i would go in now with no roof on .... any stand to see the reds win lose or draw for me
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 11:27   #10

yep - go in there now - roof or no roof
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 11:49   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
.....I will miss the,YOUR GETTING WET AND WERE NOT....
Just make sure roof is deep enough to provide cover, as most driving rain comes from south west, and is designed to amplify sound.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 12:49   #12
God Member

What about those of us who CANT stand and have a Season Ticket for the seats in the Clayton End..................do we get a say as well?..............

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 17:16   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
What about those of us who CANT stand and have a Season Ticket for the seats in the Clayton End..................do we get a say as well?..............
Ain't going to happen 'til the end of the season, Pete, so won't affect your season ticket. Would've thought your leg would've mended by then? However, you've raised a good point. Perhaps they could have a small disabled section at the bottom?
Old 24-12-2009, 17:17   #14
God Member

any development that is subject to funding will only be granted if seats are installed. That is my understanding and it has been corroborated by numerous folk.

I would have liked the ACCRINGTON end to be the Accrington End once again but under those circumstances NOT ON YOUR NELLY.

The understanding I have is that the hierarchy want to put us back into that end and it will be all singing all dancing with cafe and bar facilities etc etc. BUT, how many of the Clayton Enders choose to stand even though seats are available? 90% is how many. An all seater Accrington End with Accrington fans in will mean that, as far as home fans are concerned, WILL BE ALL SEATER!

I am certainly not against the development, just the idea that Accrington fans may have to go in there. NO THANKS
Old 24-12-2009, 17:21   #15

I thought the seats in the Clayton end were the same price as for standing? I sometimes change at half time and sit for the second half,nobody has asked to see my season ticket once in the ground!
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..