Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2020, 08:55   #31
God Member

Re: Doncaster match off

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Yet Rotherham want their game off against Barnsley tomorrow as they have 5 players positive 3 in isolation, 1 more showing symptoms, 5 players injured and a member of staff positive. The EFL have threatened them with the loss of the 3 points if they don't play, does anyone including those in charge know the rules it's a game of football for God,s sake.
just wonder if there are any guidelines never mind rules that clubs have to follow. one minute games ore off for 2 infections then you get this rotherham situation. its typical that league 1 seems the worst affected league for some reason or other. got to blame steve evans and his showty mate in spreading it to other clubs.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-12-2020, 09:59   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The E.F.L. are completely useless they aint even responded to me i asked for refund cos sats match was off. i contacted them Sat . NO answer at all they are PATHETIC.
I have just been on the E.F.L,website and rung a number for supporters that it tells you too, after a few mins a voice tells you there is no one yon to talk to yon and to contact them on the i follow site, which i did last sat and have been ignored,so thats a good example of what they regard fans.
Old 29-12-2020, 10:31   #33
God Member

Synonymous of quite a lot of so called 'Customer Service' these days mate....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2020, 10:47   #34

Quote:
The E.F.L. are completely useless they aint even responded to me i asked for refund cos sats match was off. i contacted them Sat . NO answer at all they are PATHETIC.
I also contacted ifollow and was informed that the payment carries over to when the match is played, so you don't lose out.
cashman likes this.
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2020, 11:15   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taypot View Post
I also contacted ifollow and was informed that the payment carries over to when the match is played, so you don't lose out.
would have been good if they had informed everyone
Old 29-12-2020, 11:58   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taypot View Post
If that is the case, they should contact everybody and tell them, not let the customer contact them to find out......... rubbish customer service!

MikeA likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2020, 14:44   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
would have been good if they had informed everyone
Cashy,
I'm confused.
Is it the EFL ,or I Follow you're complaining about ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2020, 14:52   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yet Rotherham want their game off against Barnsley tomorrow as they have 5 players positive 3 in isolation, 1 more showing symptoms, 5 players injured and a member of staff positive. The EFL have threatened them with the loss of the 3 points if they don't play, does anyone including those in charge know the rules it's a game of football for God,s sake.
Andy - I don't think that is accurate.
Everyone at Rotherham went into isolation and are now clear.
They have one test result outstanding.
EFL medical staff can liaise with counterparts at a club, but only a club can decide whether it wishes to call a game off on medical grounds.
With respect one pending test result should not result in a cancellation.
Tell the lad concerned to stay at home.
Injuries are irrelevent.
I think their squad can cope with one missing for covid reasons...........
Game on enough said.
Old 29-12-2020, 14:53   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

YER not as confused as me mate the E.F.L, own ifollow.plus you cannot contact i follow unless you put more money in

Last edited by cashman; 29-12-2020 at 14:57.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2020, 15:00   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Andy - I don't think that is accurate.
Everyone at Rotherham went into isolation and are now clear.
They have one test result outstanding.
EFL medical staff can liaise with counterparts at a club, but only a club can decide whether it wishes to call a game off on medical grounds.
With respect one pending test result should not result in a cancellation.
Tell the lad concerned to stay at home.
Injuries are irrelevent.
I think their squad can cope with one missing for covid reasons...........
Game on enough said.

Wasn't what Paul Warne publicly said, and just today a bit of common sense by the club doctor at Rochdale who is a GP and worked on the Covid front as said he really questions wether football is wise to continue in the current outbreak, players being asked to travel in and out of tier 4:areas without regular testing. He says some players are worried about picking the virus up and passing it among their kids, partners or elderly relatives, why should footballers be any different from others. Game on lives put at risk?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2020, 15:41   #41
God Member

Been a big government meeting this afternoon new tier announcement,s tomorrow at about 3 should I imagine be most of country in tier 4 or even worse, Premiership reports 18 positive cases worst since testing began to me at league's 1 and 2 level and below the best scenario would especially with the bad weather as well forecast a break for as long as the strongest tiers are in place.
Old 29-12-2020, 17:42   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Wasn't what Paul Warne publicly said, and just today a bit of common sense by the club doctor at Rochdale who is a GP and worked on the Covid front as said he really questions wether football is wise to continue in the current outbreak, players being asked to travel in and out of tier 4:areas without regular testing. He says some players are worried about picking the virus up and passing it among their kids, partners or elderly relatives, why should footballers be any different from others. Game on lives put at risk?
I think what Warney has said is very accurate if you read what has been published on BBC site.
What did he say publicly ?
Old 29-12-2020, 18:02   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I think what Warney has said is very accurate if you read what has been published on BBC site.
What did he say publicly ?
Doesn't mention on BBC site anything about in Rotherham,s case the EFL said to the club and Warne that nine days isolation was " medically " ok instead of the 10 days for every other club, so whatever players that affected were suddenly eligible to play appears that the EFL are playing at being God now, maybe next club they choose to pick on they,ll reduce it to what 8, 7, take your pick.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..