Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2020, 10:48   #1

Doncaster match off

Covid at Doncaster
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-12-2020, 10:53   #2
God Member

Re: Doncaster match off

Just heard this from a relative of a Doncaster player - gutted
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2020, 11:14   #3
God Member

Games are piling up everywhere now.......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2020, 11:54   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Games are piling up everywhere now.......
Well with 75% of games to be played before PPG can be used can see either short break or season voided happening nowt no surer.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2020, 12:08   #5
God Member

There are after today 133 days left to official end of season after today's postponement Stanley have 30 league games to fit in and a possible 5 cup games. To fit all 35 in if still in cup that's a game every 3.8 days reaching a decisive point for EFL to make a decision.

Last edited by andyd; 26-12-2020 at 12:11.
Old 27-12-2020, 13:22   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
There are after today 133 days left to official end of season after today's postponement Stanley have 30 league games to fit in and a possible 5 cup games. To fit all 35 in if still in cup that's a game every 3.8 days reaching a decisive point for EFL to make a decision.

Now down to 30 league games in 127 days one every 4.2 days .
Old 27-12-2020, 13:25   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Now down to 30 league games in 127 days one every 4.2 days .
That means without any cup games or bad weather postponement,s, or further Covid cancellation,s playing every Saturday, Tuesday until the end of the season.
Old 27-12-2020, 13:44   #8
God Member

Exclamation Re: Doncaster match off

Playing twice a week is more than doable, but I do not think I am the only one to think that more games could be called off..........

Would not want to see anything voided, as that would mean so many things lost, like goals, appearances, Etc. (I think??)

Will have to just wait and see....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2020, 14:04   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Sunderlands off now i heard.
Old 27-12-2020, 14:17   #10
God Member

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1248415]Playing twice a week is more than doable, but I do not think I am the only one to think that more games could be called off..........

Would not want to see anything voided, as that would mean so many things lost, like goals, appearances, Etc. (I think??)

Will have to just wait and see....

Would think that Rochdale v Crewe could be in doubt Tuesday if that goes that will be six out of twelve again.
Old 27-12-2020, 14:55   #11
God Member

Fleetwood v Doncaster must also be in doubt that could be seven.
Old 27-12-2020, 14:57   #12

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere but can't find it. I can't help thinking that clubs and players do themselves no favours by huddling together before kick off, hugging and shaking hands when goals are scored and offering congratulations at the end of games. Surely there needs to be some restraint shown?
yonmon and choirboy like this.
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2020, 15:16   #13
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Taypot;1248419]I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere but can't find it. I can't help thinking that clubs and players do themselves no favours by huddling together before kick off, hugging and shaking hands when goals are scored and offering congratulations at the end of games. Surely there needs to be some restraint shown?

#1154 Bits & Bobs
It is not surprising that the virus transmits between the players! Watching televised matches at all levels the players are still jumping all over each other, hugging and shaking hands, as are the coaches and other staff at the end of matches. If we did that on the streets and in the shops we would get fined! Whilst football and rugby are rightfully classed as contact sports most of the actual contact really happens in the ‘celebrations’ of scoring goals or points! Much tighter control is needed if teams are to reduce the incidence of cross infection. I haven’t hugged my two daughters or my two grandsons for nine months now! Surely the players can exercise some control and reduce the risks!
yonmon likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 27-12-2020 at 15:18.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2020, 15:33   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sunderlands off now i heard.
Yep, they called it off about 11 o'clock this morning - let's hope Portsmouth game goes ahead on 2nd but not holding my breath
yonmon likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2020, 15:41   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=choirboy;1248420]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taypot View Post
I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere but can't find it. I can't help thinking that clubs and players do themselves no favours by huddling together before kick off, hugging and shaking hands when goals are scored and offering congratulations at the end of games. Surely there needs to be some restraint shown?

#1154 Bits & Bobs
It is not surprising that the virus transmits between the players! Watching televised matches at all levels the players are still jumping all over each other, hugging and shaking hands, as are the coaches and other staff at the end of matches. If we did that on the streets and in the shops we would get fined! Whilst football and rugby are rightfully classed as contact sports most of the actual contact really happens in the ‘celebrations’ of scoring goals or points! Much tighter control is needed if teams are to reduce the incidence of cross infection. I haven’t hugged my two daughters or my two grandsons for nine months now! Surely the players can exercise some control and reduce the risks!
its not a shock as most are numb nuts
choirboy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..