Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2021, 12:50   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Doncaster match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
We win the game with a clean sheet against a decent enough side an we as fans are moaning at the lack of substitutes. The mind boggles. We have the best manager an staff in the league let them do there jobs. The reason why we are we’re we are is because of them. Great performance an 3pts for everyone involved. Onto Saturday.
my mind boggles at how some people think.
pifco likes this.
Old 19-08-2021, 08:08   #32
God Member

yes, one nil down and 5 minutes to go 2 or 3 get thrown on. do we ever look like equalising in those games when that happens. it looks like a panic decision and the whole team goes into panic mode.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2021, 11:21   #33

Quote:
We win the game with a clean sheet against a decent enough side an we as fans are moaning at the lack of substitutes. The mind boggles. We have the best manager an staff in the league let them do there jobs. The reason why we are we’re we are is because of them. Great performance an 3pts for everyone involved. Onto Saturday.
Pidge, believe it or not I agree with what you are saying......However, I see no problem in making suggestions which could improve performances even further. We all know Coley doesn't like making substitutions, he's admitted that himself in interviews post match. I'm pleased with the points tally after 3 games even though we've only played one of the better sides in the division (and lost to them). I also acknowledge that the illness in the camp must have made performances well under par. Not sure if Dion's been ill but he hasn't got back to the playing levels he was at for most of last season. Colby looks the more effective of the two up front to me at the present time.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2021, 11:26   #34

Quote:
Pidge, believe it or not I agree with what you are saying......However, I see no problem in making suggestions which could improve performances even further. We all know Coley doesn't like making substitutions, he's admitted that himself in interviews post match. I'm pleased with the points tally after 3 games even though we've only played one of the better sides in the division (and lost to them). I also acknowledge that the illness in the camp must have made performances well under par. Not sure if Dion's been ill but he hasn't got back to the playing levels he was at for most of last season. Colby looks the more effective of the two up front to me at the present time. And the bits I've seen of Mumbongo make him look to me like a real handful and potential goalscorer par excellence.......in my opinion he needs far more game time.......as a substitute or starter.......Coley can always bring him off if its not working....and it may make the other two try harder....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2021, 16:24   #35
Full Member+

What subs and at what point would people have made these changes on Tuesday if they were the gaffer?
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2021, 16:38   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
What subs and at what point would people have made these changes on Tuesday if they were the gaffer?
well it was obvious to most people Dion and Joe were knackered after1 hour, though not to some that cant say much.
Old 19-08-2021, 17:43   #37
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well it was obvious to most people Dion and Joe were knackered after1 hour, though not to some that cant say much.
Who would you have brought on Cashy?
Old 19-08-2021, 17:55   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Who would you have brought on Cashy?
Mumbongo and either lee or hardy.
Old 19-08-2021, 18:06   #39

Was you at the game cashy ? Or have you been living under a rock ? Hardy has not featured on the bench all season as he’s out with a foot injury for a few month.
StanleyJosh likes this.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2021, 18:10   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Was you at the game cashy ? Or have you been living under a rock ? Hardy has not featured on the bench all season as he’s out with a foot injury for a few month.
yeh were you at the game? speaking of rocks is that whats in yer head?

Last edited by cashman; 19-08-2021 at 18:12.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2021, 20:56   #41
Full Member+

Quote:
Mumbongo and either lee or hardy.
So Mumbongo who missed a sitter. Guessing he would be your replacement for Charles.
Leigh… needs to get up to speed to this level. Too easily waltzed past when he came on for debut.
Harry’s injured. Interesting.

If I was Coley, I’d have maybe taken Charles/Bishop off for Perritt after 75/80 mins. Only problem with that is your inviting more pressure onto yourselves.
Old 19-08-2021, 20:58   #42
Full Member+

Quote:
yeh were you at the game? speaking of rocks is that whats in yer head?
And this is why the majority of fans stay well clear of this forum.
It’s a shame. Would love nothing more that 100 Stanley fans having a platform for sensible discussions, ideas etc.
MikeA, Whalley Red and Chimer like this.
Old 19-08-2021, 21:26   #43
God Member

Quote:
So Mumbongo who missed a sitter. Guessing he would be your replacement for Charles.
Leigh… needs to get up to speed to this level. Too easily waltzed past when he came on for debut.
Harry’s injured. Interesting.

If I was Coley, I’d have maybe taken Charles/Bishop off for Perritt after 75/80 mins. Only problem with that is your inviting more pressure onto yourselves.
Should have taken Joe off after about 60+ minutes his effect on the game was waning and at 1-0 up swap him for like such as Nolan, as for Mumbongo missing a sitter how many have Dion and Colby missed he looks a threat strong and will benefit from minutes rather than a cameo appearance.
pifco and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2021, 21:29   #44
God Member

Quote:
And this is why the majority of fans stay well clear of this forum.
It’s a shame. Would love nothing more that 100 Stanley fans having a platform for sensible discussions, ideas etc.
There is a moderator who shuts down threads that get out of hand a lot of fans don't bother because they don't appreciate its a forum about opinions not thinking your always right IMHO.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 07:34   #45
God Member

for me it would have been leigh for joe after the hour mark and mumbongo for dion later on when he started getting more than a bit flustrated with his game. as i have said before i could have really seen him losing it, getting sent off and then missing 3 games. as it was stanley got away with it so really not worth making a big issue about it. that is till it happens next time.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..