Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2021, 19:47   #16
God Member

Re: Doncaster thread

Come on Stanley
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2021, 19:48   #17
God Member

Yesssssss
Old 20-04-2021, 19:49   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

2-0 charles penalty
Old 20-04-2021, 19:57   #19
Senior Member+

Why are iFollow so obsessed with over-long replays? There was a Stanley attack that we missed completely, and only knew about because of Dan and Mark's excellent commentary.
baldy, cashman, yonmon and 4 others like this.

Last edited by MikeA; 20-04-2021 at 19:59.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 19:58   #20
God Member

Can we have that Stanley performance every week?
Brilliant effort from the lads, well done to them all and to the management.
Second penalty was as soft as a Mr.Whippy but Stanley deserved it for their battling show.
It seems we are to Donny what Rochdale are to us!
yonmon, choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 19:58   #21
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

2-1 final score well done Stanley !!
Old 20-04-2021, 19:59   #22
God Member

Well done Stanley played well as a team tonight Phillips mom for me 12 more points to play for any thing can happen but 61 points on the board is an excellent season.
cashman and chevyfire like this.
Old 20-04-2021, 19:59   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Why are iFollow obsessed with over-long replays? There was a Stanley attack that we missed completely, and only knew about because of Dan and Mark's excellent commentary.
I agree Mike. There was one period early in the second half where the replay was running as if it was live. Can they not just show the game as it happens and forget the fancy tv stuff. We don’t watch League 1 for instant replays!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 20:03   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Give the lad a chance....he's hardly had any sort of run in the side. His problem is he came with high expectations after scoring a few for the shrimps. But we all know that league 1 is a much tougher ask than league 2.

I reckon he'd come good if he could oy get used to our style of play. Anyhow after Coley's pre match interview I reckon we will see a few of the youngsters...loans and our own in the next 5 matches.......on trial so to speak......I hope he comes good starting tonight...could be the next....super Shaun McC.....😁

I am in total agreement about giving him 90 minutes to prove his worth, and me wrong CG .
But I saw nothing tonight to cause me to make any vast revision in my opinion .
But as you infer .. time will tell and if it does then I hope Adam makes me eat some of my unkind words !.
Like all who play, manage , and run our Club, I wish him well .

ON STANLEY ... ON TO GREATER THINGS !.
Crown Grounder likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 20:22   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

for me Phillips was MOM. closely followed by sean and charles.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 20-04-2021, 20:29   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

also been a great season with over 60pts well done stanley sooner i can get my new season ticket the better.
choirboy and chevyfire like this.
Old 20-04-2021, 21:09   #27
Senior Member+

A super all round performance from the Stanley tonight to beat Doncaster 2-1 for a fully deserved three points. I think it is difficult to pick a clear MOM because all our boys played well and worked especially hard! I consider that Doncaster’s goal was a bit of a gift and I really think that three nil would have been a fair score based on the balance of play. Stanley just need to play more consistently with this level of effort, skill and team work.
Well done to the players and management tonight!
ON STANLEY ON.
KEEP THE FAITH.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 21:14   #28
Senior Member+

And some may think that the probable icing on the imaginary cake is that five of the bottom six won tonight - several against expectations; the only team to lose was Joey Barton's Brizzle ............ they can now only catch up to (but not overtake) Wigan in 20th, and then only if Wigan lose all their remaining games, Brizzle win all theirs, and they can overturn a -7GD (plus behind on Goals Scored, I think) ........so if Wigan get a point, or Brizzle drop a point, they're GreasyPoled .......... no pressure then...........

Mmmwwwhahahahaha!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 08:43   #29
God Member

top performance with a deserved 3 points. for me the second penalty looked a bit harsh but only makes up in some way for the ones turned down and soft ones given to opponents. just hope stanley finish off the season with similar performances to give us something to look forward too next season. if you have done things once there is no reason it cannot be repeated.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 09:42   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
2-0 charles penalty
Whilst I am very pleased for Dion, I am bothered that Colby did not take the penalties.

I believe in nominated takers taking them and most of the professionals will say that they will carry on, even after the miss.

All that being said, I hope that our next penalty is when we are 3-0 up, with 5 minutes to go and Colby breaks the net

Unless Dion now takes them all???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..