Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2021, 09:44   #31
God Member

Re: Doncaster thread

Also, I am finding it great to be able to come on to our forum and just discuss things - like it used to be

Revived Red likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2021, 09:53   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Whilst I am very pleased for Dion, I am bothered that Colby did not take the penalties

Unless Dion now takes them all???
Listening to Dion’s interview on the Fishy, it appears he is the designated penalty taker, or was for last night’s game.
I like his approach - hit it so hard it’s past the keeper before he can move. But all penalty takers can and do miss. Equally we’ve seen good players blast the ball over the bar from six yards.
Colby’s all-round performance last night, along with that of all the other players, was what won the game, not just the two penalties.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 10:14   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Colby’s all-round performance last night, along with that of all the other players, was what won the game, not just the two penalties.
pity though it was the two penalties that actually won it last night. a 2-1 victory from goals from open play was the least reward for the players last night. it just took a little bit of gloss of the win, and possibly doncaster fans will be moaning that they were robbed of a point.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 10:39   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it dont matter a jot to me,they were definate spot kicks doncaster can moan if they wish, look at all the pens we shoulda have and not got i do,
Old 21-04-2021, 11:07   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it dont matter a jot to me,they were definate spot kicks doncaster can moan if they wish, look at all the pens we shoulda have and not got i do,
exactly. one of their fans on the viking web site actually had the cheek to compare stanley to a john beck side from the 90.s.saying he could never watch a team like that every week. so far off the mark its unbelievable. mind you i could not watch a team who looked a soft version of a 90,s doncaster belles.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2021, 10:37   #36

I can't remember who it was said you don't get marks for artistic merit in football. A goal is a goal however it goes in and as long as it's Stanley scoring I'm happy.
pifco and monkey hanger like this.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2021, 18:47   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Also, I am finding it great to be able to come on to our forum and just discuss things - like it used to be

Amen to that, Joe. Has he gone then??
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..