Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2017, 15:59   #16
Full Member+

Re: Donnie Rovers

Well done lads and alllllllllllllllllllllll who went there.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2017, 15:59   #17
God Member

Brilliant - well played lads!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 16:12   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

My overiding thought on today,is subs were brought on with good time to make an impact, without being at donny, i'm near sure thats contributed to a magnificent point earned today?
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 25-02-2017, 16:31   #19
I am Banned

231 away fans, didn't look that many
choirboy likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 16:47   #20
God Member

Good onya STANLEY.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 17:03   #21

Tenacious display by the Stanley boys. Only three defenders away from home against the league leaders was always going to be a risk, and their second - and potential winner - was a result of the three being dragged across, leaving a Donny player completely unmarked where we might have expected a right-back to be. After that we survived a number of scares, Donny having more than one clear chance to make it 3-1. But they fluffed them, and then we won a free-kick and hit them with a simple set piece. Last 10 mins it was anyone's game. All put a proper shift in, back three and keeper excellent throughout, even though Matty lost the ball for their second. Hats off especially for Harvey. Was sceptical after Pompey but the lad's a natural at centre-half.

Have a good evening everyone.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 17:39   #22
Senior Member+

Sounds like it was a well earned point away today.
Well done to the team and Coley and well done to the travelling Stanley fans....RESPECT!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 17:44   #23
God Member

Great result.
And a wonderful birthday present for Brayden Shaw from Professor Coleman. Hope he did well and enjoys the rest of the day.
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 17:46   #24

Four points taken from the league leaders is outstanding.
Well done to the players, management & travelling fans.
Brilliant fightback to earn a well earned draw, but came so close to my 'de-ja-vu' prediction of matching our home victory by 3-2.
Respect to Twenty-Eight for predicting the starting 11 & apologies to Inspector Morse for my suggestion he'd 'lost the plot' in his choice of the Prince of Benin at right-back.
AccyMad and Lord Didsbury like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 17:49   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
231 away fans, didn't look that many
Suspect that number would have included around 60+ ASFC Academy players and parents who had played DRFC Academy in the morning prior to the 1st team game.

The sight of 60 plus tracksuited ASFC boys bouncing around for the last 10 minutes was FANtastic
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 18:33   #26
Senior Member+

I sometimes wonder if I'm at the same game as some fans. Rodgers had a nightmare. At fault for both goals got torn to shreds and bullied out of it.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 18:40   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I sometimes wonder if I'm at the same game as some fans. Rodgers had a nightmare. At fault for both goals got torn to shreds and bullied out of it.
I agree. Total liability that lad.

Hull should release him.

...Then we can sign him up on a 5 year deal - the lad is going to be Championship level minimum
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 18:41   #28
Senior Member+

Referee abysmal again - for both sides.
Each side had legitimate claims for two penalties each.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 25-02-2017, 18:45   #29
Senior Member+

Did you go to the game Sam ?
Oh how we missed Beckles.
Should have got a block in for the first and left the goslscorer in acres of space for the second. Even then he should have intercepted it.
I will have a look back later when the highlights are out and see if I'm being harsh.
Old 25-02-2017, 18:59   #30
I am Banned

Just back from Doncaster now, though Jonathan Edwards was outstanding great team performance from the lads, thought Clark was very poor if I'm being honest though think he's out of his depth in league two
king edwards is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..