Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2017, 19:03   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Donnie Rovers

Though i wasn't at the game today,from what ive seen, think both Rodgers n Beckles will play above League 2 level in next couple of years.
Old 25-02-2017, 19:09   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by king edwards View Post
Just back from Doncaster now, though Jonathan Edwards was outstanding great team performance from the lads, thought Clark was very poor if I'm being honest though think he's out of his depth in league two
Didn't have one of his best today - but who made the first challenge and fed McCartan for the goal ? Who put the pin point set piece on Marty's head to make the second ?
If that had been the golden child ............
He's not out of his depth - he's already played well and got promoted from this division. He's starved of service that's the problem.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 19:17   #33
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I agree. Total liability that lad.

Hull should release him.

...Then we can sign him up on a 5 year deal - the lad is going to be Championship level minimum
Agree Sam this kid is going to be a very good player IMO he will be in league above us next season or higher
king edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 19:18   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Didn't have one of his best today - but who made the first challenge and fed McCartan for the goal ? Who put the pin point set piece on Marty's head to make the second ?
If that had been the golden child ............
He's not out of his depth - he's already played well and got promoted from this division. He's starved of service that's the problem.
All about opinions mate he's decent enough I suppose just not good enough for us in this league but that's only me
Old 25-02-2017, 19:27   #35
Senior Member+

Unbelievable.
Old 26-02-2017, 00:13   #36

Ffs - Rodgers is a very promising player. Good for us in centre of defence.
king edwards likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 00:22   #37
Full Member+

A great result for the Reds!! Here are the goals.
Doncaster 2-2 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
choirboy likes this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 05:54   #38
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Ffs - Rodgers is a very promising player. Good for us in centre of defence.
I thought he was excellent yesterday and much more effective at centre half
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 26-02-2017, 07:38   #39
God Member

Quote:
I sometimes wonder if I'm at the same game as some fans. Rodgers had a nightmare. At fault for both goals got torn to shreds and bullied out of it.
matty pearson at fault for the second loosing posession neat the half way line. but i suppose that,ll be painted over like adam buxton,s howler last season. that some conveniantly glossed over. overall a great performance from the team and a word of praise for the referee as he was a great comedy relief to the game. if he,d been driving a car the police would have stopped him for potential drink or drugs driving.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 08:18   #40
Senior Member+

I still think he got beat very easily Monkey and should have blocked the ball in. Agreed about Matty as well.
Old 26-02-2017, 09:49   #41
Senior Member+

Just had a look at the highlights. I stand by what I said. In fact the second one looks even worse now.
Old 26-02-2017, 10:30   #42
God Member

Quote:
Just had a look at the highlights. I stand by what I said. In fact the second one looks even worse now.
I wasn't there, but really! The second goal was Rogers' 'fault'?
How was he supposed to mark two men, who were 10 yards apart, on his own and, other than handle the ball and get sent off, prevent the final flick-on reaching the scorer?
Rogers perhaps felt he had to take a central position because Hughes was out of his usual position. If he'd 'marked' the scorer on the left wing then the other Rovers forward wouldn't have made the flick but would have had an unopposed run at the goal.
Difficult to assess from the briefest of clips but it seemed like the entire defence played a part, not to mention Rovers' forwards, in their goals.
But I'm not sure blaming one player is justified.
AccyMad, cashman, yonmon and 3 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 10:54   #43
God Member

Comes to something when we're blaming anyone for only getting one point away at the top of the league - just saying
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 10:57   #44
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
How was he supposed to mark two men, who were 10 yards apart, on his own and, other than handle the ball and get sent off, prevent the final flick-on reaching the scorer?
Rogers perhaps felt he had to take a central position because Hughes was out of his usual position. If he'd 'marked' the scorer on the left wing then the other Rovers forward wouldn't have made the flick but would have had an unopposed run at the goal.
Difficult to assess from the briefest of clips but it seemed like the entire defence played a part, not to mention Rovers' forwards, in their goals.
Absolutely bang on
Old 26-02-2017, 11:09   #45
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Sean to have seen this trait before. Oops sorry meant to say seem.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..