Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2017, 12:49   #46

Re: Donnie Rovers

Twenty eight are you of some relation to Jordan Clark ? Nothing wrong with it if you are , you just seem to mention him in every post! As for the goals yesterday instead of focusing on the ones conceded how about the great run an finish of mccarten , goal of the game for me.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2017, 12:52   #47
Senior Member+

Not sure I understand that last comment Ferret.
Regardless of who the opposition is mistakes are mistakes.
On to the next one.
I'm hearing Tuesday might already be in danger if weather forecast tomorrow and Tuesday is right.
No I'm not related to Clark.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 12:56   #48
Senior Member+

We're starting to score. Close up the leaks in the back line and we'll be mid table in no time.
Old 26-02-2017, 13:03   #49
Senior Member+

Pidge - McCartan finished well but if I was a Donny fan I'd be wondering how he was allowed to run that distance without a challenge. The ball went through the centre backs legs as he struck it which left the keeper for dead.
There's nothing wrong with being constructively critical and it's not a case of being negative.
Old 26-02-2017, 13:04   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Comes to something when we're blaming anyone for only getting one point away at the top of the league - just saying
how many would have took a point before kick off. most i,m sure. the worst thing about yesterday was their p.a. system. that music at half time must have been close to the maximum allowed. never criticise our lack of p.a. again if thats the level of din you have to suffer every week.
AccyMad and choirboy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 13:10   #51
Senior Member+

What's the situation with Donacien ? When is he available again ?
Old 26-02-2017, 13:14   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Tuesday i think twas a 2 game ban?
Old 26-02-2017, 16:05   #53
Super Moderator

Janoi has now served his two game ban and is available if required on Tuesday.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 18:03   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Janoi has now served his two game ban and is available if required on Tuesday.
That's great news Mr T.
Is there any news on the new Portuguese lad, Erico Sousa?
He seems to have disappeared off the radar.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 19:02   #55
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
That's great news Mr T.
Is there any news on the new Portuguese lad, Erico Sousa?
He seems to have disappeared off the radar.
Still with the FIFA, FA and EFL admin people; things don't go that quickly when "the window is closed"
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 21:16   #56
Senior Member+

Janoi has to be a shoe in for Tuesday in place of Boco.
Maybe a change in centre mid as well with Brown replaced ? I'd go for Davies.
Old 27-02-2017, 07:55   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Still with the FIFA, FA and EFL admin people; things don't go that quickly when "the window is closed"
i imagine if one of our high profile premier league sides were involved it would have been done and dusted days ago.
Old 27-02-2017, 11:09   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
how many would have took a point before kick off. most i,m sure. the worst thing about yesterday was their p.a. system. that music at half time must have been close to the maximum allowed. never criticise our lack of p.a. again if thats the level of din you have to suffer every week.

Sadly, I wasn't at Donny to 'Face the Music'. If indeed that is what it was at half time?
At The Wham Stadium we don't get music, just an awful 'Tinny Racket' over the loud speakers.
My view is that we don't need any 'Music' in any football stadium at all! However, if 'Music' is required, IMHO, just relay Radio Three live over the system!
monkey hanger likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 11:25   #59
Senior Member+

IMHO.....
After watching the highlights a few times for me it was a super goal by Shay! His run from well inside our half was direct but also very fast, he left their chasing midfielder for dead! He dragged the centre half wide too and did well to clip the ball back towards the far post. OK... he did have a bit of luck as the ball went under the defenders legs but we deserve a bit of positive luck after the run of bad luck that Coley agrees we have had all season!
For me the two goals we conceded showed Hughes out of position for both. For their first I agree that Rodgers missed a tackle on the winger but then Seamus was left in between two Donny attackers and momentarily hesitated in deciding which one to pick up...he picked neither and they scored. Rodgers was left in a similar position for the second goal and he tried to cover them both but to no avail.
For our equalising goal Clarke put in a peach of a fee kick that just invited Matt to use his physicality in powering the ball to the far post...GOAL!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 12:15   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post

My view is that we don't need any 'Music' in any football stadium at all!
totally agree. when you arrive at the ground i like to have a catch up with people on various things and when half time arrives it gives you time to talk about the previous half. half time is not for your ears being blasted out by some music that won,t be to everyones taste either.
MikeA, duckworth and choirboy like this.

Last edited by Neil; 01-03-2017 at 22:28. Reason: fix quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..