Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2017, 13:11   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Donnie Rovers

Choirboy,
If you look at the extended highlights you will see that Clark puts in a solid tackle to gain possession and rolls the ball straight into Shay's path.
Then he delivered the free kick.
This is why I went off on one a bit when a poster said he wasn't good enough for Accrington or League Two.
People seem to think I'm his dad or something.
I'm not.
choirboy likes this.

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 27-02-2017 at 13:18.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2017, 19:19   #62
Senior Member+

Well pointed out Twenty Eight. I like Clarke too. His performance away at Bradford early in the season was just superb! Perhaps the only question mark about him is ...'Consistency', but that is difficult for him to achieve when he is in, but more often than not, out of the side. He has also had to be 'Mr Flexible' in that he has played a variety of positions when picked. He has certainly done well when picked in that 'difficult to fill position' wide on the left.
Having said positive things here about Clarke though...... of course I am highly positive about all of our players. This season there has been less opportunity to say positive things compared to last season which is one of the reasons why I have posted less in recent months. This is because I simply don't want to say negative things when we lose! I just keep 'Shtumm' until there is something really good to point out like the super, hard won point and two great goals scored last Saturday against the League leaders!
ON STANLEY ON
WITH 100% SUPPORT
FROM THEIR FANS
AccyMad, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:07   #63
Senior Member+

Choirboy,
Well that's five assists from the last 8 goals. Unlucky to hit the woodwork last night.
Coley normally doesn't mention players by name when he's unhappy so a bit disappointed he named him and blamed him for the first goal last night.
Maybe he should have done the same with Pearson after the Donny game !
On to the next one ........
Old 01-03-2017, 10:38   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

For my money Clark was MoM last night.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:11   #65

Is there some sort of issue over Clarke that I've missed.

For what its worth imho he's been generally good over last few games (exceptional at Mansfield).

I think he suffered in the Autumn playing as a second striker when we had Jonno but has looked good when played out wide.
cashman likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:16   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Choirboy,
Well that's five assists from the last 8 goals. Unlucky to hit the woodwork last night.
Coley normally doesn't mention players by name when he's unhappy so a bit disappointed he named him and blamed him for the first goal last night.
Unfortunately, singling players out is what Coley does quite often - personally I don't like that trait & think any singular criticism should be kept for the dressing room & not aired in public. But then we all know he wears his heart on his sleeve & sometimes says things directly after a game which reflect that. Many a time I've said he should think before he speaks in that situation as quite often it's said in the heat of the moment & he retracts or at least gets more perspective on some of his comments once he's had a breather & time to reflect on the game.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:38   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Choirboy,
I agree Twenty Eight.
I thought that Clarke did quite well against Wycombe especially in the first half and it did seem a bit harsh of Coley to 'name and blame him'.........
Perhaps Coley is laying a foundation for the re-selection of one of our currently banned players when he has 'done his time'?
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:49   #68

I don't think the "name & shame" was for the overall performance. I think Clarke has been playing well overall.

His defending for their first goal however was literally schoolboy stuff - two players marked the same man and left the throw in taker unmarked.

There are no excuses for it and it undoubtedly cost us points last night. One for him to learn the lesson from and never make again.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:05   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is Clark aint a defender, like other players just goes back to help out, blame the real defence not the helpers.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:25   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I don't think the "name & shame" was for the overall performance. I think Clarke has been playing well overall.

His defending for their first goal however was literally schoolboy stuff - two players marked the same man and left the throw in taker unmarked.

There are no excuses for it and it undoubtedly cost us points last night. One for him to learn the lesson from and never make again.
Sam,

Ive no issue at all if that's how the club wants to deal with it - ie by naming and shaming - provided its done every week.
Take a look at the goals against reel and compile your list.
What about the Matty Pearson schoolboy stuff at Donny - and he's a defender.
The kid needs his confidence boosting - wouldn't have been bad if he'd followed it up with "good delivery from the set pieces" etc
OTT to say that was the sole cause of lost points. How about a word with the centre backs to stop getting bullied ?
cashman likes this.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:26   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I agree Twenty Eight.
I thought that Clarke did quite well against Wycombe especially in the first half and it did seem a bit harsh of Coley to 'name and blame him'.........
Perhaps Coley is laying a foundation for the re-selection of one of our currently banned players when he has 'done his time'?
You may have hit the nail on the head my friend !
Old 01-03-2017, 12:27   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Is there some sort of issue over Clarke that I've missed.
I took exception to poster who said he wasn't good enough for this club or any for that matter at League Two level.

Last edited by Neil; 01-03-2017 at 22:29. Reason: fix quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:28   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

its simple to me, Clark obviously aint one of his majesty's blue eyed boys,
Old 01-03-2017, 16:24   #74
Full Member+

Quote:
Sam,

Ive no issue at all if that's how the club wants to deal with it - ie by naming and shaming - provided its done every week.
Take a look at the goals against reel and compile your list.
What about the Matty Pearson schoolboy stuff at Donny - and he's a defender.
The kid needs his confidence boosting - wouldn't have been bad if he'd followed it up with "good delivery from the set pieces" etc
OTT to say that was the sole cause of lost points. How about a word with the centre backs to stop getting bullied ?
"THE KID NEEDS HIS CONFIDENCE BUILDING" Why does this stink of hypocrisy, quite a lot of you on here seem to be time served knockers (take that as you wish) and are still knocking a suspended player who also is not a defender.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 17:23   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
"THE KID NEEDS HIS CONFIDENCE BUILDING" Why does this stink of hypocrisy, quite a lot of you on here seem to be time served knockers (take that as you wish) and are still knocking a suspended player who also is not a defender.
You really can't go flinging accusations of hypocrisy at those who are merely stating their opinions...a point made on numerous occasions!.
Neither should you be making such sweeping generalisations such as ' quite a lot of you on here seem to be time served knockers ' , not being I would assume, all that familiar with the hundreds of posts which I and others have placed on the Forum !...or with their attitudes towards the Club and it's wellbeing .

To return to the thread...Jordan is a young Soccer professional who is so obviously still learning his craft. He has good moments and bad moments and will do so for some time to come...Not one true fan of the Reds would wish him any ill in his quest to improve and will be willing him on to greater things on Saturday !.

KTF.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..