Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2022, 21:00   #46
God Member

Re: Dons game

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
A game of ‘Three thirds today.
(Yes Thirds not Tu**s!)
First third was even, with Stanley making the brighter start and getting a great headed goal by Colby.
M K Dons got back level though for 1-1.
The sending off totally changed the match though. I was ball watching and didn’t see the actual contact but Joe and others around me said that Coyle’s foot was high with his studs showing so no complaints.

As Coley said in his post match interview, M K Dons like to play a possession game and the match stats certainly backed that up!
The half time substitutions worked well for us and our back four four were very resolute in maintaining their formation and in clearing their lines. The midfield line of five too worked well and forced The Dons out wide most of the time. Bishop, McConville and Hamilton in particular did a lot of running without the ball and were very effective in keeping our opponents at bay. I did feel that we could have brought on Malcolm, perhaps for Sean, for the last fifteen minutes. He would have brought fresh legs and the unlikely but possible opportunity for a ‘break out’ goal to take the victory.
The Stanley Ultras were great again today, particularly in the second half where they did their best to be the ‘Eleventh Man’.
A hard earned point in the end.
ON STANLEY ON.
KERP THE FAITH.
Good summary Choirboy, what did Steve think of the sending off??????

choirboy likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2022, 22:23   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Good summary Choirboy, what did Steve think of the sending off??????

Steve told me on the way home that he thought the sending off was a bit soft and that when we played in the sixties and seventies how that kind of tackle was the norm!…..”Crunch!”
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 08:56   #48
God Member

Next time you see Steve, please let him know from me, that after seeing it on the television and from a different angle, I can agree that it should have been orange and maybe not a red - though, I do still see why it was given

choirboy likes this.

Old 09-01-2022, 09:04   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Next time you see Steve, please let him know from me, that after seeing it on the television and from a different angle, I can agree that it should have been orange and maybe not a red - though, I do still see why it was given

i see as well it was given cos he was a useless get to me it was a yellow.he was biased throughout the game i thought.
choirboy likes this.
Old 09-01-2022, 09:10   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i see as well it was given cos he was a useless get to me it was a yellow.he was biased throughout the game i thought.
Most officials are Cashy - as you know

I doubt it will change anytime soon

Old 09-01-2022, 10:08   #51
Senior Member+

Praise from Dons' manager:
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport...ngton-22690906
choirboy likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 10:33   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
bet we all have seen something similar or worse done by opponents who got away with a caution. best thing todays refs could do is locking em in a room and forcing them to watch games from 30 plus years ago but then it would affect their mental health.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..