Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2016, 08:42   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Don's Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The only thing the club can appeal against is the sending off, nothing else. Technically the referee was not wrong, just plain stupid
Or corrupt its debatable.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:45   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Or corrupt its debatable.
If you're going to be corrupt you'd give each team 5 penalties each. A 5-5 draw at the bookies would be greater odds than 0-0
Old 06-03-2016, 08:47   #33
Senior Member+

Referee should be demoted for 2 seasons, terrible decision
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:48   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
If you're going to be corrupt you'd give each team 5 penalties each. A 5-5 draw at the bookies would be greater odds than 0-0
Not if yeh wanted the Wombles to win,? down to 10 men plus 9 extra mins on top of disallowed good goal, it makes me wonder.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:59   #35
God Member

Quote:
The only thing the club can appeal against is the sending off, nothing else. Technically the referee was not wrong, just plain stupid
delighted with the point against an in form side away from home but after watching the goals rush I just can,t believe what I saw. clive Thomas got all manner of stick when he blew the whistle whilst a corner was in the air before someone scored a goal from it. but whistling kettle yesterday did something I,ve never seen in 60 years of playing watching and refereeing. I always wait till the ball is in mid field or gone out of play before ending a half or at full time. that stops any arguments whatsoever. this would not take place by a new young referee doing his first under 9,s match. you don't need technowledgy for these things its called common sense. we all know kettle and his other pals will be out next week causing their self induced mayhem. they are not cheats but I,ve always wondered how some have got where they got in the first place, I do know there is a lot of creeping and pushing certain people in refereeing. could tell you loads of stories but would take me hours and my finger would be blunt. only hope the two points lost will not affect us at the end of the season. if there was any doubt about the side this should really galvanise them as it seems to be Stanley against the world.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:01   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
we all know kettle and his other pals will be out next week causing their self induced mayhem. they are not cheats but I,ve always wondered how some have got where they got in the first place, I do know there is a lot of creeping and pushing certain people in refereeing. could tell you loads of stories but would take me hours and my finger would be blunt. .
Without wanting to go to far off track I quit reffing because of the politics and the brown nosing. It's who you know what you know gets you to the top
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:11   #37
God Member

We all know how many debateable decisions we've had from referees, it must sometimes sound to others like we're making excuses for a disappointing result & yes, some of these decisions are part of football & as Coley says what makes it the game it is BUT the ludicrous one by Trevor Kettle yesterday isn't only being berated by Stanley fans, the reactions to the clip on Facebook & Twitter say it all & yet, no doubt he will not face any action because of it & will carry on bumbling his way through more games - seemingly untouchable & above any reproach - that can't be right! Wimbledon must've thought all their Christmases had come at once.
Stanley meanwhile have to just put a brave face on it & carry on, just hope he isn't assigned to a game at the Crown anytime soon!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:21   #38
Full Member+

We watched the Football League programme last night and the commentary said they have never , ever known a ref blow his whistle at that moment before . I wonder if he would do that had he been ref at United games ???? an utter disgrace.
monkey hanger likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:21   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I sincerely hope yer right monkey hanger @ the guy aint a cheat, but i aint naive enough to believe there is no corruption in football or any sport for that matter, though i reckon theres more stupidity.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:26   #40
Super Moderator

The referee for the postponed Portsmouth game was Trevor Kettle; which means it's "his" game for the re-arranged date!!

The good news is that he also has been assigned at game at Bradford which was off for some reason; which has also been scheduled for Tuesday the 8th.

Happy to report Mr Kettle's off to Valley Parade at the minute.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:33   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thank god for that, though he should really be off to oblivion imho.
Outback Ozzy and Redraine like this.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:51   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Thank god for that, though he should really be off to oblivion imho.
My sentiments entirely!!!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:03   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
The referee for the postponed Portsmouth game was Trevor Kettle; which means it's "his" game for the re-arranged date!!

Happy to report Mr Kettle's off to Valley Parade at the minute.
bet he,ll be mr perfect as he will be under scrutiny there. will be getting ready for our play off games.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:08   #44
God Member

Quote:
I sincerely hope yer right monkey hanger @ the guy aint a cheat, but i aint naive enough to believe there is no corruption in football or any sport for that matter, though i reckon theres more stupidity.
if the game had been a world cup qualifier, big European game or played in south America I would agree on cheating and corruption as it goes hand in hand with these competitions and countries.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:13   #45
God Member

If that decision had been made in certain other countries then many, rightly or wrongly, might have immediately put it down to match-fixing. But instead we must be content with it being just pedantic ineptitude.
The football authorities (remember, at their summit sits FIFA) struggle to deal with the former but it's pathetic that they don't even seem to care about the latter.
To my eye, Mr.Kettle didn't appear fit enough to ref the match yesterday. I noticed in the warm up he was less than thorough, compared with most other refs we see going through their pre-match routines. Maybe it had something to do with the fact, according to the young dude who stood next to me, he seemed to wearing trainers, not studs. Whether it was his lack of grip on the pitch or the spread around his middle, he struggled to keep up with the play.
But let's forget his and all the other muppet decisions we've seen.
My praise goes to the entire team who didn't let such nonsense unsettle them and restricted the home team to very few serious chances whilst creating plenty themselves (the video gives a very unbalanced representation of the attacking chances throughout the match).
Must also say how much I'm impressed with Professor Coleman's post-match interviews this season. He has shown an admirable sense of perspective and must be in with a chance to win the 'most improved performance' of the season.
AccyMad, Redraine, cashman and 3 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..