Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2016, 18:54   #61
God Member

Re: Don's Match Thread

Think you probably will be disappointed JegRed, according to Mr. T's pst earlier Mr. Kettle will be officiating at Bradford on Tuesday evening - could've been worse though, he was assigned to ref the Portsmouth match on the original date & would therefore have been in charge for the rearranged game - fortunate for us then that Bradford are also playing on the same night in a rearranged fixture that he was originally meant to be in charge of (I use the term.'in charge of' in the very loosest way of course'
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2016, 21:12   #62
Senior Member+

I agree that the sensible way ahead would be for timing to be be taken away from the ref and given to the fourth official. Also probably a good idea for the final whistle only to go when the ball goes dead - provided everybody knows time is "in the red" a la rugby union, so a tactical boot into touch can be applied once time is up.

From very limited experience umpiring hockey at seriously low levels, I know how difficult it is to choose the moment to blow if an attack is developing that may change the outcome of the game - but I also know I never chose a moment like that. Hockey at top level is now centrally timed and everybody in the ground can see the clock and counts down the last 5 seconds, so yesterday's situation could arise - but nobody could argue.

Nothing in my hopefully rational comments above means I'm not at one with the other pots calling the kettle black ... or worse
Redraine and Red-Osbornello like this.
Old 06-03-2016, 22:24   #63

Sweden's biggest paper showed it on their Website with this heading:

"WOW- This is a really poor decision!
We know you are not supposed to knock referees but this must be the WORST we have ever seen"
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 23:10   #64
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

NewsNow: Loading story... who was the ref??and who scored our ghost goal
Quote:
Then the first moment of controversy. Referee Dean Whitestone blew for half time just as Mingoia was turning inside the Wimbledon penalty area, and his subsequent shot, which found the bottom corner of Roos’ net, was disallowed. Cue pandemonium from the Accrington players and officials, but the decision stood.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:41   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
NewsNow: Loading story... who was the ref??and who scored our ghost goal
Its a london rag, expect nowt else.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:50   #66
God Member

Only the modern me'ja can surpass the incompetence of some referees.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:29   #67
Super Moderator

From today's Times: "The owner of Accrington Stanley could be subject to an FA charge after he retweeted a comment from a fan that described the referee in his team's 0-0 draw against AFC Wimbledon as a "d***".

Meanwhile, what are they doing about a referee singularly lacking in common sense? Sweet FA probably!
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:42   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
From today's Times: "The owner of Accrington Stanley could be subject to an FA charge after he retweeted a comment from a fan that described the referee in his team's 0-0 draw against AFC Wimbledon as a "d***".

Meanwhile, what are they doing about a referee singularly lacking in common sense? Sweet FA probably!
if you make a comment about a referee you,ll probably be charged and fined by the fa, they love to do this as their referees are the untouchables.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:59   #69
God Member

[QUOTE=Jeg Red;1163302]I've had a go at refereeing, albeit, at nowhere near football league level and it's very difficult - every single decision is questioned by someone either playing or watching to various level of vociferousness, anger, gamesmanship etc.

I also know a few lads who have worked hard at their refereeing, take it very seriously and practice at football league level. These people are dedicated to being the best they can be and, as they've progressed up the levels, they've also gained experience about the game - how it's played and the expectations players and club officials at the different levels have. They understand the game.
you know you,re going to get stick as soon as you walk on the pitch or field of play as they like it to be called. its up to you and youre performance to keep it down. sometimes you can but you do get games with history behind them when all you end up ding is cautioning players and sending them off. as for them understanding the game apart from a few they certainly do not. I,ve run the line and had assistants with me are so arrogant to players its got to be seen to be believed. such statements in the dressing room as we are the most important team out there are regulary quoted. their attitude really stinks.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..