Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2005, 22:23   #1

Don't worry he'll be back with you soon.

Yes it's true and tonight proved what most were thinking,

Rory just looks way out of his depth in a League one side and won't cut it at this level, on this showing if he lasts a quarter of his 12 month contract i'd be very surprised.
OLDHAMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2005, 22:24   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Don't worry he'll be back with you soon.

Tell us more............................that is just teasing ????
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 07:43   #3
Senior Member+

I don't think I've seen many people who can cross a ball as well as Rory, and that's at any level of football. However, the rest of his game is fairly average most of the time and his temperament is highly questionable. Against a team like Morecambe, no doubt he felt he had nothing to prove, but if he's given a chance against 'better' opposition he'll pull a few tricks out of the bag and win over a few people.

I very much doubt he'll come back to Accrington at all, even if he's released short of his 12 month contract.
Old 23-07-2005, 13:00   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
Against a team like Morecambe, no doubt he felt he had nothing to prove, but if he's given a chance against 'better' opposition he'll pull a few tricks out of the bag and win over a few people
When you just been plucked from Non League football and put straight into Blackpools BEST starting eleven i'd say you've got everything to prove no matter who the opposition is,

Rory WON'T be able to hack it, League Two maybe, See if i'm wrong.
OLDHAMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 20:44   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDHAMADE
When you just been plucked from Non League football and put straight into Blackpools BEST starting eleven i'd say you've got everything to prove no matter who the opposition is,

Rory WON'T be able to hack it, League Two maybe, See if i'm wrong.
Hmmm... you managed to take my quote out of context.

The point I was making was that Rory thinks he's a much better player than he really is, and that does tend to impact on his performances when he thinks he'd playing below his standard.

To be honest, if you're wrong, then so am I. We're both saying the same thing.

EDIT - Actually I hope we are wrong, as I don't begrudge anyone trying to achieve their dream. Whatever happens, we'll never see Rory in a Stanley shirt again.

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 23-07-2005 at 20:46.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 18:33   #6

If this is correct or not i don't know, but i was told yesterday, from someone who had been to blackpool and watched rory play, that he had fitted in well and made a positive impact on the way that the team played. I personally can't see rory coming back to us, firstly because of his ambitions to play in a higher league and secondly because of coley.
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 19:44   #7
God Member

Well I was at the match, along with Sparkie, and for what its worth, in my opinion Rosy played very well, He got the service that He didnt get at Accy, dont think He put a wrong cross in, His corners wer on target, and His tackling was desicive but fair. The oinly reason B'pool didnt murder Morcambe was their Keeper, He played a blinder!I wish Rory all the best, and genuinley hope He makes his mark!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 22:16   #8

...and who were the fitter team if the final quarter?

...and who scored the best goal?

Certainly not Blackpool and he even looked out of place against Lancaster when he came on.

Sorry guys but he's not gonna cut it!
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2005, 14:47   #9
Full Member+

another point to remember is that we had several first-teamers missing (Bentley ,Curtis Perkins, Howard ,Robinson etc) and had 4 academy boys playing including an 18 year old goal-keeper who had a superb game.
Blackpool had their first team out and Jamie Heard marked Prendergast out of the game.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2005, 15:31   #10
God Member

Whats wrong with morecambe fans today... Rory doesn't play for us he plays for Blackpool... he has gone.. not one of our players..... why are you telling us... Shouldn't you be on the blackpool forum showing off?

Just a thought
Old 26-07-2005, 01:48   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red
another point to remember is that we had several first-teamers missing (Bentley ,Curtis Perkins, Howard ,Robinson etc) and had 4 academy boys playing including an 18 year old goal-keeper who had a superb game.
Blackpool had their first team out and Jamie Heard marked Prendergast out of the game.
Who actually gives a Flying 8*&5 about Morecombe on this site? Have you not got your own forum or is it so dull you have to come on here and tell us how well you played against The no1 seaside town in Lancashire.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2005, 07:19   #12
Full Member+

no Rory , no Lee , no hope !!
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2005, 08:30   #13
Senior Member+

.....Tue 27th Sep 05

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..