Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2010, 18:43   #31
God Member

Exclamation Re: Dwindling Home Support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Ain't this just what the Cardboard Millionaire and DonGon want? Fans disagreeing amongst themselves.
Most sensible post of the thread (apart from the first!!) We all of us support Stanley, whereas, not all of the people in charge do????

We all want the best for Stanley, whereas not all of the people in charge do!!

Let's all get on The Clayton End/Crown Ground on Saturday and get behind the Team/Club, whatever, WE will be around long after all the nonesense has gone and Stanley - hopefully - will be around, long after WE have gone!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2010, 18:55   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Dwindling Home Support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
What a sad state of affairs!

We are all in it together or should be from the Top down to the very bottom or that is how it should be, We are all part of the makeup of this Club and what makes it unique and gives it it's heartbeat.

The one thing that costs nowt and can unite is dialogue is that so hard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Ain't this just what the Cardboard Millionaire and DonGon want? Fans disagreeing amongst themselves.
aint disagreeing, just a difference of viewpoint, i honestly believe that the terrible twosome are intent on destroying the club, fer reasons most are aware, by falling out wi the ultras it will give em a fallback position of it was "Ilyas" or the "Ultras" that caused this to happen, seems farfetched? but what if it aint, then the ultras are unwittingly helping these gits to do so.
Old 16-11-2010, 20:33   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
We are all in it together or should be from the Top down to the very bottom or that is how it should be, We are all part of the makeup of this Club and what makes it unique and gives it it's heartbeat.
From the top down?...are you joking? I'm not in anything together with O'Neill and Whalley. I don't even want to be in the same room as them and I certainly don't want them to be "part of the makeup of this club". Wake up and smell the coffee, Google Page Ranking!
Old 16-11-2010, 21:20   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
From the top down?...are you joking? I'm not in anything together with O'Neill and Whalley. I don't even want to be in the same room as them and I certainly don't want them to be "part of the makeup of this club". Wake up and smell the coffee, Google Page Ranking!
Couldnt agree more Wyn................I am fed up of people trying to pretend that if we 'stick together' all will be well.......its bollox pure n simple. With those two numpties at the helm, there is only one way this ship will be going, and it aint 'up'.

Google Page Ranking, I know you mean well, but c'mon man get real!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 22:55   #35
bdc

I think there are a number of posts on here that raise some interesting points, in particular that the club will never move forward until EW and DON are gone from the club. This would then probably increase the chances of investment coming from the local economy and perhaps increase the prospects of gaining some good commercial deals. Without this sort of capital the club will never become self-sustaining, so it is a catch 22 situation until the ownership issue is sorted.

I think the capacity issue kind of best sums up everything that is wrong with the current management structure. This issue has been ongoing for over 4 years and only now are we actually trying to sort it at a time when bad weather is upon us and they will struggle to be to get the concrete to set to provide the necessary standing space.

In the short-term I think that things will continue to be run in the way it has been for the past few years. In the long-term we need to get to the point where we are a self-sustaining club that the community has a say in the running of. However this is mainly depending on Ilyas and getting his plan into action. The sooner this happens then the quicker the broken bridges can be mended.

In relation to the flags ban, I struggle to understand how the club has imposed a ban on these. There have never been any issues in the past few seasons and I think the club have shot themselves in the foot with this as it has reduced the atmosphere in the Clayton End and alienated The Ultras who have done so much for the club. Surely it would have been better to sit and down and discuss the issues arising from the risk assessment and then take steps to sort these out rather than imposing a complete ban. The club need to remember that without the fans there is no club.

As for future action, maybe it might an idea to get members from The Ultras, ASSF and OSC together to perhaps discuss what common ground they have in order to perhaps engage in dialogue with the club to sort some of the issues out.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 05:25   #36
God Member

Quote:
People interpet posts how they see them which I think you have misunderstood or read into it what you think?

I know with the Company I work for what I expect, what I am part of and the level of service & commitment I/we as a Company give to our Suppliers & to our customers.

Hope that clears it up for you?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 07:38   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
People interpet posts how they see them which I think you have misunderstood or read into it what you think?

I know with the Company I work for what I expect, what I am part of and the level of service & commitment I/we as a Company give to our Suppliers & to our customers.

Hope that clears it up for you?
Not really, and I can't be doing with all this going around the houses so you'll have to spell it out for me. Do you or do you not think the club has a future with O'Neill and Whalley still around?
Old 17-11-2010, 08:07   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Not really, and I can't be doing with all this going around the houses so you'll have to spell it out for me. Do you or do you not think the club has a future with O'Neill and Whalley still around?
Obviously I don't know a lot about the inside working of the club, but I regularly read post on here regarding Stanley and comments from people like yourself Wyn who ARE in the know. The only thing I can see. looking from the outside, is the the two people who were directly responsible for the demise of the club over the last few years are still hanging around and can only think that its not going to get better until they re both out of the way, just my opinion
Old 17-11-2010, 08:24   #39
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Obviously I don't know a lot about the inside working of the club, but I regularly read post on here regarding Stanley and comments from people like yourself Wyn who ARE in the know. The only thing I can see. looking from the outside, is the the two people who were directly responsible for the demise of the club over the last few years are still hanging around and can only think that its not going to get better until they re both out of the way, just my opinion
Got it in one, mate.
Old 17-11-2010, 11:22   #40
God Member

Exclamation Re: Dwindling Home Support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post

In relation to the flags ban, I struggle to understand how the club has imposed a ban on these. There have never been any issues in the past few seasons and I think the club have shot themselves in the foot with this as it has reduced the atmosphere in the Clayton End and alienated The Ultras who have done so much for the club. Surely it would have been better to sit and down and discuss the issues arising from the risk assessment and then take steps to sort these out rather than imposing a complete ban. The club need to remember that without the fans there is no club.

This ban has been imposed, because we are on our last legs with all things groundwise and cannot afford to have any issues what so ever on a match day!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 11:25   #41
God Member

Quote:
Do you or do you not think the club has a future with O'Neill and Whalley still around?

Not in the Football League.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 11:27   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
This ban has been imposed, because we are on our last legs with all things groundwise and cannot afford to have any issues what so ever on a match day!!!!!

And we are on our last legs groundwise because.....?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 13:26   #43
God Member

because we dont have enough toilets, fire exits etc etc

But **** it we will penalise the fans again cause of our incompetence
Old 17-11-2010, 14:12   #44
Senior Member+

Lets be honest about 2 members of staff who have been at the centre of these issues.

Mick shultz
nice guy, does alot behind the scenes, etc.
BUT
way out of his depth as a ground safety manager, has no backbone and gets walked over.

Rob Heys
a fan, 'harmless' guy
BUT
lied and lied again to the fans, backed up Whalley and O'neill, akward to Iylas, no backbone, out of his depth as chief exec.

These two are just as problematic and are both stumbling blocks to the club improving.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 14:54   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Lets be honest about 2 members of staff who have been at the centre of these issues.

Mick shultz
nice guy, does alot behind the scenes, etc.
BUT
way out of his depth as a ground safety manager, has no backbone and gets walked over.

Rob Heys
a fan, 'harmless' guy
BUT
lied and lied again to the fans, backed up Whalley and O'neill, akward to Iylas, no backbone, out of his depth as chief exec.

These two are just as problematic and are both stumbling blocks to the club improving.

Employees tend to work the way there employers ask them to.

Your post highlights the fact that people are taking the rap for doing a job in a manner they probably don't like for fear of losing that job.

There's lots of waffling on here about what's wrong with the club, or should I say who's wrong with it. Why don't people use their collective energies and do something to make their feelings known instead of just everyone fighting amongst themsleves. Everyone knows there is a future waiting to happen but it seems everyone is quite prepared to let that future take it on single handed. What happened to fan power
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..