Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2010, 18:16   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Dwindling Home Support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Yeah ! But she keeps walking off when I get the matches !
Tie her to a steak
Old 18-11-2010, 18:36   #77
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
What's wrong with burning at the stake?
'Tar and feather' was a more common punishment for con men
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 18:46   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Tie her to a steak
Sirloin or Rib-Eye?
Old 18-11-2010, 21:24   #79

The thing is this i think.. the flags should not have been banned regardless of a few smoke bein set off at the newcastle game, it was up there with the biggest games the clubs ever played in theres obviously going to be a bit of exitment especially with the way our group is, people would definatly moan if the clayton end was dead for 90 minutes... on the other hand also agree with no fans are above the laws but with stanley bein a family club and club officials being friendly with fans there should be a bit of le-way as the players and managment definatly appreciate what we do.

Its unfair even though the club have offered to have them 'fire-proofed' that club funds should go towards stuff like this, ground improvments, training grounds maybe should be higher on the ajenda? I dont care what people at the club saying its LCC's fault to have them fire proofed cause Macca has proved that this is not the case and its simply mick shultz spittin his dummy out cause a few rules were broken... its a joke!

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 22:35   #80
Senior Member+

going back to the newcastle game so a 'pyro' was set off (lets face it it was hardly the millenium celebrations) i find it disgusting that the club (for it is they) have banned flags,banners etc from the clayton end when surely a quiet word in the ears of various individuals would suffice and we could all continue in our support of Stanley.
I don't quite understand the motives of the club (and it is very easy to get involved in conspiracy theories)in their actions when flags, banners and the ultras per se were what stood us apart from every other lower league club and lets be honest every other club.
i find it incredibly galling to see a clayton end without flags, it's like being neutered.

We are Accy Stanley

Iwould love to know the real reasons (without conspiricies) cos it isn't half as much fun anymore

And it makes me very sad

We all know the economics and we all know we are punching above our weight but what we always had was FANTASTIC FANS,FLAGS,BANNERS and NOISE

What are they trying to do (sorry for the rant, a bit peed off)
Old 18-11-2010, 23:22   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
going back to the newcastle game so a 'pyro' was set off (lets face it it was hardly the millenium celebrations) i find it disgusting that the club (for it is they) have banned flags,banners etc from the clayton end when surely a quiet word in the ears of various individuals would suffice and we could all continue in our support of Stanley.
I don't quite understand the motives of the club (and it is very easy to get involved in conspiracy theories)in their actions when flags, banners and the ultras per se were what stood us apart from every other lower league club and lets be honest every other club.
i find it incredibly galling to see a clayton end without flags, it's like being neutered.

We are Accy Stanley

Iwould love to know the real reasons (without conspiricies) cos it isn't half as much fun anymore

And it makes me very sad

We all know the economics and we all know we are punching above our weight but what we always had was FANTASTIC FANS,FLAGS,BANNERS and NOISE

What are they trying to do (sorry for the rant, a bit peed off)
Good post Nige, most are a lot peed off.
Old 19-11-2010, 00:30   #82
God Member

i reckon it'd take em a good few games to ban confetti ....
Old 19-11-2010, 11:17   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
i reckon it'd take em a good few games to ban confetti ....
And even longer for some poor sod to have to pick it all up afterwards.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 12:04   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAggro View Post
The thing is this i think.. the flags should not have been banned regardless of a few smoke bein set off at the newcastle game, it was up there with the biggest games the clubs ever played in theres obviously going to be a bit of exitment especially with the way our group is, people would definatly moan if the clayton end was dead for 90 minutes... on the other hand also agree with no fans are above the laws but with stanley bein a family club and club officials being friendly with fans there should be a bit of le-way as the players and managment definatly appreciate what we do.

Its unfair even though the club have offered to have them 'fire-proofed' that club funds should go towards stuff like this, ground improvments, training grounds maybe should be higher on the ajenda? I dont care what people at the club saying its LCC's fault to have them fire proofed cause Macca has proved that this is not the case and its simply mick shultz spittin his dummy out cause a few rules were broken... its a joke!
Think if thats the case u want to see the full report done of the meetings that took place with the LCC, fire & police authorities!! Im sure a copy can be sourced for you to read at a meeting arranged, then you might find that our safety officers hands were tied as he has given leeway before. If there was NO smoke bombs [previously complained about] then u may of got away with it - that was the issue with fire service that flammables were brought in obvious for all to see on the telly

I can see both sides before im shot, and mearely pointing that out.

So whats the Solution then ?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 13:13   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
So whats the Solution then ?
Points well made.
But if the risk of fire is so great, why haven't the stewards being instructed to (try and) relieve fans of their lighters and matches?

If the risk is from flares, smoke pellets, or fireworks specifically, could not the 'competent person' at Stanley (I know, I know) tell everyone else how many 'flare -free' games need to occur before the daft ban on flags and banners can be lifted?
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire safety) Order 2005, risk assessments for footie grounds should be reviewed periodically. If the risk is no longer in evidence, is there a need to continue a ban on something unrelated to the risk?
As many people have said, flares could just as easily set clothes alight so, if the risk has not gone away, will the Clayton End become restricted to naturists?

But, if the Club do lift the ban, the fan's / Ultras' side of the deal is that they persuade anyone attempting to let off another flare / smoke pellet / firework of the error of his/her ways, before it happens.

Growing up's never easy.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 14:38   #86

As one of them who put the hrs in for newcastle game flags/displays smoke was a huge NO NO!we didnt put in all that effort in for it to be ruined!

whatever the reasons the powers that be are making the fans and players suffer now due to having no flags/banners

re the newcastle game n complaints not ONE complaint was sent into myself or linda so we were unable to work with club and the FSF......maybe if we had be able to do this a flag ban may of not be put in place who knows??

Its no good sitting on here moaning about it you might as well be at the pub chatting with your mates for what effect it has to the powers that be,we had a great chance to work with the club and an offical body ie FSF but this chance was wasted due to no one putting a complaint in!
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 15:54   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
that was only for witches ...
And heretics
Old 19-11-2010, 16:14   #88
Senior Member+

THE MYSTERY OF THE NON EXISTENT FLARE

When will it turn out next - Keep Watching Everyone

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 17:20   #89
God Member

Come on lads... You are all on line, give us some views/thought......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 17:22   #90
Senior Member+

If the club don't want our style of support then we, the Ultras, are screwed... because the "authorities" up & down the country certainly don't want it.

I can honestly see the whole Curva lose its appeal to the youngsters & nobody at the club has the vision to try & keep what we have....

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..