Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2010, 11:34   #106
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Dwindling Home Support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
Because creating special one off flags for certain games like the newcastle one. It would not be possible to make and fire proof each time.
So what your saying ts that none of the other flags can be fireretarded becauses you might do a special flag now and againIdear why not get all the flags treated and then if the need arrises to make aspecial banner /flag seek the advice of the club and ask for a one off ussage agreement
Old 20-11-2010, 11:44   #107
mab
God Member

Time to log off and get sorted for the game!! Other wise the crowd i'll be dwindling a bit more
Old 20-11-2010, 11:45   #108
Senior Member+

Some people on here dont get it.

WERE NOT BOWING DOWN TO MR SHULTZ!
If we do so, then they have got us every single time they dont like something!

Its easy to get them fireproofed! The club even said they would pay for it! But its not about that, its principal! They dont need fireproofing and thats why most Ultras are in disagreement to have it done!

I for one would not bow down for the simple reason they dont need doing.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 11:51   #109
mab
God Member

mmmmmm who said they dont need doing?? FC are you saying that your self {and not our forum member**and the ultras are bigger than the CLUB
Old 20-11-2010, 11:53   #110
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
mmmmmm who said they dont need doing?? FC are you saying that your self {and not our forum member**and the ultras are bigger than the CLUB
Dont know where that came from. But no, no fan or fans are bigger than the club.

Its a stand isnt it.

Another example would be an old lady standing in the cowshed, seats got put in and now she doesn't go anymore. Its just a stand against whats happened, same with what the group are doing.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 12:04   #111
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if its a stand against what happens to be rules created by authorities,like em or not thats the way it seems to be. then that is senseless, making a stand is a good way only if ya can change summat.
Old 20-11-2010, 12:14   #112
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Noble sentiments ! But to what avail ? They've already got you it would appears as exemplified by lessening attendances & a lack of colour & display which you Lads used to put on every week. As long as this sentiment continues it will then in turn have a continued detrimental effect on the figures attending thereby harming the Club in the long term = less folk = Less income = Less sustainability ! Therfore condemning the Club into an ever increasing downward spiral.

I fully understand your views on principles, but you can't always justify those morals & views if in the long term that which you are trying to protect ends up losing out & suffering. If need be give in but request concessions, a meet me half way approach must surely be better for all in the long run rather than the entrenched positions & grinding attrition at present ?
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 17:43   #113
God Member

Quote:

Its easy to get them fireproofed! The club even said they would pay for it! But its not about that, its principal! They dont need fireproofing and thats why most Ultras are in disagreement to have it done!

I must admit to being shocked at the above post.............I dont recall ever reading such a contrite and childish post, you do your 'cause' no good whatso ever!

FACT: The Ultras had been warned about the use of smoke pellets on more than one occasion PRIOR to the current ban, but CHOSE to ignore said warnings. Checkout the Ultras own youtube videos, you can clearly see the illegal use of smoke pellets within the ground.

FACT: The club had mentioned that the Flags were a potential fire risk AGAIN on more than one occasion prior to the ban, yet again that advice/concern was ignored.

FACT: The ban was imposed on the club by LCC, the local Fire Safety Officer and the Local Constabulary................NOT by Mick Shultz. Yet the Ultras choose to blame the messenger rather than appeal to the people at the top.

FACT: The club has offered to have the existing Flags fireproofed at their expense. The Ultras choose not to accept saying that 'future flag making' would be jepordised........this despite an excellent suggestion on their own forum about asking for help from the club to purchase a roll of fireproofed material inorder that new flags meet the requirements of the HnS peeps.

The poster also says 'they dont need fireproofing'..........Im afraid that Ground Regulations state otherwise, and each and every fan who enters the ground on a matchday are governed by said ground regs.........principles dont even enter into the equation Im afraid.

Whilst this may read like a rant at the Ultras, I assure you its not, its merely an attempt to try and help some see common sense, principles are all well and good, however when those same principles would lead to a flouting of the law, then they are no longer viable principles IMHO.

There is a middle ground here and the club, for once, has made the first move towards that, surely now the Ultras should seriousy consider reconsidering their current stance as they are in a no win situation. The colour and vibrance of the Ultras matchday display is missed, the club has offered the olive branch, why not grasp it firmly and get back to what you do best, supporting the team and showing visiting fans how it should be done?

I shall now go and sit in the corner and await the missiles!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 18:26   #114

Question Re: Dwindling Home Support?

Quote:

I would like to re-iterate what UK Cowboy has just said. As some of you may know, I spend every game in the control room, and can say here and now that the banning of flags that have not been flame-proofed HAS NOTHING AL ALL TO DO WITH MICK SCHULTZ.

Today I read the e-mail that the club had received from the LCC stating that the un-fireproofed flag ban would have to be implemented due to the smoke bombs that were let off during the Newcastle match.

So what can the club do but act on instructions from a higher authority.

The club has agreed to pay for the fireproofing of the flags. What more could they have done?

And in the same situation, what would you guys have done if you ran the club?
Old 20-11-2010, 18:47   #115
God Member

the flags that are sold in the club shop prior to matches are fireproofed I presume? It would be highly amusing to watch a prospective new fan buy a flag for their young son only to have it taken off him at the gate

I also won't be buying any club replica shirts until they are made out of fire retardent material and come certificated. Childish? yes, but I wouldn't want to be set ablaze by some wayward smoke!
Old 20-11-2010, 19:02   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
So what your saying ts that none of the other flags can be fireretarded becauses you might do a special flag now and againIdear why not get all the flags treated and then if the need arrises to make aspecial banner /flag seek the advice of the club and ask for a one off ussage agreement
I don't see why that can't work ??

Get the main flags coated for free now by the club and talk to the club later about the one offs . Sounds good to me ??

Must admit I did miss the flags today !
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 19:02   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
the flags that are sold in the club shop prior to matches are fireproofed I presume?!
Doesn't it only apply to flags over a certain size ?
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 19:13   #118
Senior Member+

You can argue all you like, they are our flags & it is our reasons for not fire proofing them.

If the authoirities don't like our style of support, then so be it. But don't expect us to bow down to a ****e rule created by a jobsworth

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 19:23   #119
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Doesn't it only apply to flags over a certain size ?

That would make sense, but I'm not 100% sure, worth checking tho.

Macca, knowing you as I do, your post raised a giggle matey!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 19:24   #120
Resting in Peace

Come down off your high horses, you Ultras. Your stance is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.You are acting like big girls and making yourselves look ridiculous.
Nobody hates the stupid health and safety industry more than I do, but you really need to show a bit of maturity here.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..