Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2014, 12:12   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Early Cobblers' thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post

I do expect Northampton to fight like Tigers for that there are no poor teams in League Two it's been the most tightly fought League Two since we came back to the Football League.
Nah mate its Hull that fight like Tigers, Northampton are a load of Cobblers.
Old 05-04-2014, 13:13   #17
Senior Member+

Same team as last week........

Bettinelli;
Hunt,
Winnard,
Aldred,
Buxton;
Hatfield,
Murphy,
Joyce,
Molyneux;
Gray,
Odejayi.

Subs
Atkinson,
Liddle,
Windass,
Mingoia,
Naismith,
Webber,
Bowerman.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 16:05   #18
God Member

Unfortunately, not the same result, though.
Is this why nature gave most Stanley fans eight fingernails to bite at the end of every season?
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 16:16   #19
Resting in Peace

Terrible performance, and we got exactly what we deserved - nowt! Completely flat with no serious threat on the Cobblers goal until the last 10 minutes after the long delayed subs were introduced. How JB kept the same 11 on for the second half is a complete mystery as Gray and Hatfield were in the pockets of the big defenders from the word go. I'm furious.
cashman likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 16:33   #20
Senior Member+

I really dont understand how one week we can smash the likes of Chesterfield, Scunthorpe and Morecambe and the next we lose to Northampton ???

By the sounds of it the subs where introduced FAR too late??? Cannot understand why Webber and Bowerman didnt get on?? Surely its worth throwing them on when we have nothing to lose??

York made a brilliant draw with Dale.... needless to say next week is looking rather tough!
Old 05-04-2014, 16:44   #21
Super Moderator

Typical Stanley...doing it the hard way. The officials were rubbish mind you, but that's no excuse for the rubbish we served up The quest for those three points goes on!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 05-04-2014, 16:48   #22
God Member

Shocking game to watch today thought we looked very tired having said that if we hadn,t gifted them the goal 0-0 all over. Hope it,s a blip recover some gas for next week at York pressure on them as well as us would take a point.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 16:56   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Apart from once i dont recall their keeper having a serious save to make, even that was curling wide, As far as i'm concerned putting subs on wi only around 7/8 mins to go is NOT the way to salvage summat, like Redraine i am livid.
FrankMoody likes this.
Old 05-04-2014, 17:00   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I really dont understand how one week we can smash the likes of Chesterfield, Scunthorpe and Morecambe and the next we lose to Northampton ???
It's simple, Smudgie. We abandoned the high tempo pressing game which has served us so well recently. I really don't want to hear JB saying the usual "I can't fault the lads" after that show.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 17:12   #25
Senior Member+

Maybe we should play twice a week every week !!?

They cant be tired, no game since last weekend.
Old 05-04-2014, 17:31   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The officals were usual standard, absolutely crap, But that is NO excuse fer what happened today.Northants were nowt special, but we were worse.
FrankMoody likes this.
Old 05-04-2014, 17:56   #27
Senior Member+

Was talking to a Scunthorpe fan last night who said,besides us,they were the best team to visit them,big,strong,physical and well organised.
Looks like they did a job on us,so we just have to re-group and move on KTF
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 17:59   #28

Easily the worst game I have seen ALL season terrible performance by our lads, more hit and hope than playing to our strengths on the deck instead their 2 central midfielders lapped it up...and we had NO midfield bite.
When are we going to learn from OUR throw ins to throw it to ONE of ours and Keep possession we lose far too many of these ?
Absolutely no consistancy or style about us today, not good enough....
especially after so wonderful on the road in the 2 previous games.
AccyMad and ianray like this.
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 18:35   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Terrible performance, and we got exactly what we deserved - nowt! Completely flat with no serious threat on the Cobblers goal until the last 10 minutes after the long delayed subs were introduced. How JB kept the same 11 on for the second half is a complete mystery as Gray and Hatfield were in the pockets of the big defenders from the word go. I'm furious.
Gray and Hatfield both worked their socks off with absolutely awful service. Personally I think the criticism should be aimed at the following:
odejaye - can't put more than 2 performances in once he gets his place back in the team, never won a header, took root in the middle of Northamptons half
molyneux - gave us absolutely nothing all day
back 4 - looked as though they had never played together before, gifted them a goal and tried to do it a couple of times after that. Also humped every ball as far as they could for a static odejaye and 5'-10" gray who needs the ball to feet or space.
JB - our set pieces are dreadful - hardly ever miss the first man and when we do hardly ever look like scoring, also game was dead after 55 minutes, 3 attacking subs required

Without Pierro or kal in the team we have zero creativity, with odejaye in the team we go route 1 all day and he goes from 6'4" to 5'-3" when he jumps

Havnt heard JB interview yet, but will be interesting to see if he trots out the usual drivel
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 18:40   #30
God Member

Can't argue that the Better team won we were poor

I don't mind losing if I see a performance but that was hard to stomach today

Shame as it looked like moe people in the Home Ends today won't be in too much of a rush to come back on that showing.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..