Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2006, 18:21   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Ebay

Why will they close the club down? Try not to get too wound up whats the winning bidder going to do that would effect Stanley?

Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2006, 10:25   #32
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Just a footnote to those who might not agree with me that people should have left things alone; one chap is spending in excess of 250 quid on three of Mr Smiths items.
I think that you will find that this chap, who has no feedback on ebay, has probably put in outrageous bids so as to win the items and then not pay for them.
Old 16-02-2006, 15:28   #33
Junior Member+

First the let now the accy observer what next daily sport then the sundays they keep stiring it up
Old 16-02-2006, 19:44   #34
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Lets hope that the purchaser is Accrington Stanley friendly……………God forbid if he isn’t.
Can you imagine the reaction if it appeared at the next away match.
Old 16-02-2006, 19:58   #35
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Can you imagine the reaction if it appeared at the next away match.
I'm sure it crossed a certain Morecambe fans mind to buy it and turn up Monday night wearing it for the Sky cameras.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 16-02-2006, 20:22   #36
God Member

and im also sure they club wouldnt have allowed them on the ground if they had of
Old 16-02-2006, 21:28   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
I'm sure it crossed a certain Morecambe fans mind to buy it and turn up Monday night wearing it for the Sky cameras.
How many cockles would they have to sell to raise the money, they would still be trying next year, then it would be to late as we would be in League 2.

Old 16-02-2006, 22:32   #38
Senior Member+

Does it say, 'Needs a good wash'?

Last edited by MikeA; 16-02-2006 at 22:35.
Old 16-02-2006, 22:37   #39
Member.

I’m not convinced that this is not a case of two or three people colluding with Alan Smith to cause the club and the supporters as much grief as possible in the lead up to the possibility of promotion, not a bad way of getting even.

I would imagine that the aim is to draw as much negative publicity as possible by mocking the Auction of Official Club Memorabilia. I would suggest that at least two of the people, (one bidder and the seller) are probably the same person using his own money to boost up the prices on eBay.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 16-02-2006, 22:38   #40
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA
Does it say, 'Needs a good wash'?
Behave Mike, I'm eating me supper.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 17-02-2006, 02:16   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I’m not convinced that this is not a case of two or three people colluding with Alan Smith to cause the club and the supporters as much grief as possible in the lead up to the possibility of promotion, not a bad way of getting even.

I would imagine that the aim is to draw as much negative publicity as possible by mocking the Auction of Official Club Memorabilia. I would suggest that at least two of the people, (one bidder and the seller) are probably the same person using his own money to boost up the prices on eBay.
I see you have a strong opinion on this subject Doug and do not get me wrong I fully respect that. But at the end of the day all of this does not matter and conspiracy theories are pretty irrelevant now. All the incidents are in the past; the individual has been dealt with and is serving his punishment and is obviously carrying out the last motions of a desparate man with these latest chain of events.
The man obviously has a childlike brain (please, ignore the irony) and is sending out desparate pleas for attention because things are not going his way.
I think we should grind this train of spin to a halt now and not continue to humour his foolish actions.
Prawn butty, anyone?

Last edited by shakermaker; 17-02-2006 at 02:19.
Old 17-02-2006, 08:37   #42
Member.

No problem young Shakey, although I’d prefer to pass on the prawns…...

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 17-02-2006, 09:49   #43
Senior Member+

Just checked ebay again, made me giggle.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Accrington-Sta...yZ2885QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem
Old 17-02-2006, 11:13   #44
Member.

Hilarious with a touch of genius and ****** all to do with me.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 17-02-2006, 11:48   #45
God Member

A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkeys monkey...
Closed Thread

« Coach | amazing!!!! »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..