Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2006, 10:21   #1

edwards and mangan not starting

ive heard on the grape vine that edwards and mangan are on the bench again on saturday. wrong decision in my eyes
kimberly-clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2006, 10:38   #2

Re: edwards and mangan not starting

12th in the football league and all on decisions made by coley and bell. You are saying they are making wrong decisions? Mangan and Edwards played a full game on Wed and maybe that is taken into consideration.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:42   #3

obvioulsy they were never in the frame to start on saturday, if they played a whole game for the reserves. and yes i think its a wrong decision not to play them .
Old 06-10-2006, 11:01   #4
Resting In Peace

Our best two defenders this season have been Welch and Edwards - both outstanding - yet they have still to be together in the starting line up. I think that Coley is favouring Cav and either Welch or Edwards have to be left out to accommodate him. Wrong decision I think, but we have to back Coley.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:03   #5

Am I right in thinking that Welch is left back and Cav is right back so the positions do not clash unless you are looking at center back.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:07   #6

welch is a centre half. cav has been getting skinned all season but still coley plays him over edwards. People in the crowd on saturday were actually shouting at coley to get edwards and mangan on. i think there is a lot of politics with coley and if your face doesnt fit you dont get a fair chance. i.e edwards, mangan, brown.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:08   #7
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone
Am I right in thinking that Welch is left back and Cav is right back so the positions do not clash unless you are looking at center back.
Welch is centre back and Edwards is right back, left back or centre back - he is very versatile. Last season Edwards kept Cav out of the team with his displays at right back but this season Cav walked straight back into the team and has only missed one game through suspension.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:13   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
Our best two defenders this season have been Welch and Edwards - both outstanding - yet they have still to be together in the starting line up. I think that Coley is favouring Cav and either Welch or Edwards have to be left out to accommodate him. Wrong decision I think, but we have to back Coley.

I agree on both counts
Old 06-10-2006, 11:40   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
I agree on both counts
Me too - painfully obvious.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:28   #10

what i dont know is why doesnt coleman make the change? it is as redraine says obvious.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:41   #11

Sorry I don't understand this. 12th in the league and your saying Coleman can't even pick the right team.

I just do not understand. Have you watched them training. do you know everything there is to know about these players. I do not. But I am not saying he has got it wrong. You are.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:44   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly-clark
obvioulsy they were never in the frame to start on saturday, if they played a whole game for the reserves. and yes i think its a wrong decision not to play them .
I think it's right not to play Mangy from the start - he's very keen & runs all over, but to me lets his enthusiasm get the better of him. At the Reserve game he got booked for a dive in the area, & several times took a hopeful swing when other options were better.

When he starts consistently putting away chances for the first team, then he's worth considering from the start
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:56   #13

someone, yes we are 12th in the league. That doesnt mean every team selection coleman has made is right just because we are 12th. In all honesty we have been lucky. The wycombe game in reality we should of lost, they dominated the game. The stockport game was only a win because of a wonder goal by welch, wrexham were just awful. But yes we won those games but i think we could of won more comfrtably if selection was different. Anybody who has seen accy knows that edwards is twice the player cav is. that is fact, but coleman refuses to play him. to me that is bizarre
Old 06-10-2006, 13:24   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
The stockport game was only a win because of a wonder goal by welch, wrexham were just awful.
Take it you missed these games then??
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 13:29   #15
Senior Member+

If its not broke why try fixing it?

Quote:
what i dont know is why doesnt coleman make the change? it is as redraine says obvious.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..