Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2016, 15:27   #151
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: EFL Cup date been arranged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I presume he'd previously booked on the coach & was in paying for the seats as we were told the last day to book on would be last Wednesday, the 14th??
Dunno but he did pay in full for 3, when yeh actually booked yeh had to put 50% deposit on, so who knows?
Old 19-09-2016, 22:10   #152
Senior Member+

Interesting thread on West Ham's forum:
Knees Up Mother Brown - West Ham United FC Online: Forum ? View topic - West Ham Utd v Accrington Stanley: match thread

Nobody there has cottoned on that Darren played for us in our Conference-winning season.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 07:54   #153
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Interesting thread on West Ham's forum:
Knees Up Mother Brown - West Ham United FC Online: Forum ? View topic - West Ham Utd v Accrington Stanley: match thread

Nobody there has cottoned on that Darren played for us in our Conference-winning season.
Have just read through that, no nasty comments in fact a top posting from Puff Daddy, fair play to the hammers fans.
Old 20-09-2016, 08:33   #154
God Member

Yeah, a refreshing change not to be slagged off by the opposition's fanbase before we even get there - course, that could all change if we manage to nick a good result down there . . .
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 21:02   #155
God Member

Beaten in the dying seconds by a free kick off the boot of a multi million pound player, who'd have thought little old Stanley would've stretched West Ham like that, well played lads - gutted but so proud to be a Red tonight
KiTChener, cashman and sherry like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 13:11   #156
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Beaten in the dying seconds by a free kick off the boot of a multi million pound player, who'd have thought little old Stanley would've stretched West Ham like that, well played lads - gutted but so proud to be a Red tonight
In truth they had to put their best 3 players on (according to hammers fans) to get that result, speaks volumes for our performance to me.
AccyMad, Revived Red and sherry like this.
Old 23-09-2016, 14:00   #157
Junior Member+

Hello all. Hope you had a safe journey and let's hope we can get up the table

Your support was fantastic I'd like to know the lyrics.

What did you think of our new stadium and atmosphere. What did bubbles sound like when the teams came out. If you could hear it.

Anyway. Good luck for the rest of the season.
FriendlyHammerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 14:05   #158
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The bubbles were super, yer floodlights are magnificent, the prices in the ground are scandalous but had a great night. we even clapped yer goal, best of luck for the season n hope yeh do chelsea in next round. mind yeh liked Upton Park was yon wi Blackburn, when accy didn't have a team.
Kiwi John likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 23-09-2016 at 14:07.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 14:32   #159
God Member

It was a good night out. For a modern stadium, and not built for footie, I thought the atmosphere was great. Even the PA was good.
Also enjoyed the renditions of 'Blowing Bubbles', nice to keep that tradition alive.
Kiwi John likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 14:54   #160
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyHammerFan View Post
Hello all. Hope you had a safe journey and let's hope we can get up the table

Your support was fantastic I'd like to know the lyrics.

What did you think of our new stadium and atmosphere. What did bubbles sound like when the teams came out. If you could hear it.

Anyway. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Apart from suggesting you do something impossible with your bubbles, the best lyrics are ..... (my opinion )

"We come in a taxi, we're louder than you" and

"They mek more noise in Accy library".

I don't think we used ...

"We're so northern, we eat off the floor" this time.

It's a fantastic stadium but maybe a bit ...... sterile? Or perhaps I just mean modern. Once you get your vocal supporters all together in one place you may be able to make Bubbles rock without the PA accompaniment, but the height of the roof will always be against you.

It's a great shame we won't be offering Chelski the Crown Ground experience though - I'm sure they'd just love changing in a portakabin . Best of luck with sorting 'em out.
Kiwi John likes this.
Old 23-09-2016, 21:50   #161
God Member

Magnificent stadium in exceptional surroundings, BUT, its not a football ground and never will be IMO.

Too far away from the pitch, tiers too shallow, gangways too big/large gap between areas.

Fans need to be right on top of each other and as tight as possible to make real atmospheres.

In all honesty I cant remember any West Ham noise, but that could have been the beer or it could have been the fact that i couldnt hear over the constant yap coming out of my gob!
Kiwi John likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..