Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2016, 16:02   #106
God Member

Re: EFL Cup date been arranged?

All 150 are in the same block, best cancel some of the pie order :-)
Old 09-09-2016, 18:42   #107
Junior Member+

Had a look on our stadium plan and that is in the lower tier by the corner flag left hand side.
FriendlyHammerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 21:38   #108
Junior Member+

Oh. And hope you have a good result at Notts County.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:43   #109
God Member

Just had the tickets delivered to the door. Exactly as promised. Excellent service. Well done to all backroom staff at the club.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 14:19   #110
I am Banned

Isn't Darren Randolph their cup keeper?
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 16:49   #111
God Member

just setting off to go back to monkey hanger land until saturday. still looking for a lift for west ham game. as i said before i,ll share petrol with anyone coming straight back after the game. coach travel is a no go for me unfortunetly.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 19:44   #112
Senior Member+

Can someone who lives in Accy give monkey hanger a lift please?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 16:57   #113
I am Banned

45000 tickets still unsold
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 17:05   #114
Junior Member+

Hi all.

Gillingham fan here but I have posted on here or another Stanley board in the past. We will be coming through Stratford on our way to Spurs on the same night so hopefully bump into some of you to say hello.

I went to the Rugby world cup at the stadium and the view is fine so don't worry too much. It won't be the close up view that us lower league small ground fans are used to be it gives a different perspective.

Westfield shopping center is a few minutes walk from the stadium (if you catch HS1 from St.Pancras International then you will come out next to the shopping center) has loads of places to eat from fast food outlets to some standard chain restaurants.

Enjoy your day and hopefully see some of you. I think you'd get good odds on both of us celebrating at the end of the night but we didn't choose out teams because we expected to win did we.

For those staying over then get the train back into St.Pancras International from Stratford International NOT Stratford and get a hotel around St.Pancras - loads of premier Inns etc on the Euston Road.

For those driving who don't fancy driving into London a good option would be go through the Dartford Tunnel down the A2 as if you were coming to Gillingham. Turn off at Ebbsfleet International station, loads of parking and its a 15 minute train ride up to Stratford International. A longer journey but saves going into London.
markinkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 18:06   #115

Most kind markinkent for the useful tips.

forgive me, but I had to laugh though....a premier inn near st Pancras you say? When I used to do a lot of work down there I was staying in Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inns bang in the centre or at Canary Wharf. Used to be able to get one for about £75/night. As the prices increased I downsized to Premier Inns and then down to Travelodge, eventually settling for whatever last minute flea pit bargain I could get anywhere.

Premier Inn for next week is a snip at £196!

St James Park with a few sheets of cardboard for me. A bush with a view of the Palace.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 18:20   #116
Junior Member+

The other side of Stratford Station has the old shopping hall that has 2 pound shops and a little indoor market and plenty of other shops. It beats the hassle of Westfield. And make sure you have the correct ticket to travel on the high speed service from St Pancras to Stratford International.
Old 12-09-2016, 18:33   #117
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Most kind markinkent for the useful tips.

forgive me, but I had to laugh though....a premier inn near st Pancras you say? When I used to do a lot of work down there I was staying in Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inns bang in the centre or at Canary Wharf. Used to be able to get one for about £75/night. As the prices increased I downsized to Premier Inns and then down to Travelodge, eventually settling for whatever last minute flea pit bargain I could get anywhere.

Premier Inn for next week is a snip at £196!

St James Park with a few sheets of cardboard for me. A bush with a view of the Palace.

I won't ask what the Marriott at the station is next week then Actually I couldn't resit is £548 better make sure we don't miss the last train back to Kent then :-)
Lord Didsbury likes this.

Last edited by markinkent; 12-09-2016 at 18:37. Reason: marriot room rate
markinkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 19:00   #118
Full Member+

I can't see many going after Saturday's result for the hammers and the loss in the Europa league.

New grounds often have a detrimental affect on results for a few years, and the clash of the sit down/stand up fans causing aggro won't help.

I would guess at 30k.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 19:12   #119
Senior Member+

Has it been confirmed if away fans can pay on the day?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 04:39   #120
Junior Member+

It's believed by some that if you just fill block 117 out of the whole stand/end then Brady will give 5000 freebies to newham residents so the ground does not look empty.

Would like to think you could pay on the night.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..