Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2016, 10:06   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: EFL Round 2 draw

Well outback i know for fact the times have been added since, cos last night i phoned a friend to let him know they were onsale this morning and read it out to him, suggest you stop ass kissing and quote fact.
Old 13-08-2016, 10:35   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Then to find my regular 'RESERVED' seat has been taken over by 'hospitality', not a happy bunny.
Does whoever makes these decisions at the club not realise that fans can be a superstitious lot, wanting to keep the same routine on match days, IE, same seat/standing position,
Lucky underpants etc. Apart from the fact that we sit with our regular crowd, which has now been denied us, contributing to a potential lack of atmosphere, which can be lacking in some areas of the main stand anyway.
How to alienate your loyal fans without really trying!!
this is an utter disgrace. i always thought if you had a season ticket you could keep your regular seat if you purchased them at the times stated and after that they go on open sale. apart from the savings its another reason to buy a season ticket to get first dibs on cup tickets etc. no news on any vouchers to be given out either for cash sales for the exeter game either. another lost opportunity to get more bums on seats for a game thats not usually well patronised. come on stanley don,t alianate what you,ve got.
AccyMad, KiTChener and yonmon like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 10:39   #63

Andy holt announced on twitter that anyone buying a ticket for Exeter can buy one for burnley - says details to be announced soon
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 14:08   #64
God Member

I too was blazing this morning when my mum had been for her Burnley ticket & been told that the entire F block where we usually sit has been given over to the press & hospitality - this didn't even happen for the Wimbledon play off game for goodness sake! Once before, think it was Stevenage play off game we were asked to move because of the no. of press but we were rung beforehand & asked not told when we turned up to buy tickets & we were still allocated seats not far away from our usual ones.
I know we need the money that hospitality brings in but selling out the people who plough money into the club regularly by buying season tickets & have done for years really goes against the grain for me, not a happy bunny at the moment
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 14:12   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its typical, they keep bleating they need more people to come on, and take the pish outa those that do.
KiTChener, yonmon, Chrisr and 1 others like this.
Old 13-08-2016, 14:18   #66
God Member

Well, if they're gonna move me I'm gonna make a proper move & come on Clayton End with you lot Cashy - & if there's no room I'll be watching from the pub
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 21:03   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I know we need the money that hospitality brings in but selling out the people who plough money into the club regularly by buying season tickets & have done for years really goes against the grain for me, not a happy bunny at the moment
I said a few weeks ago that we now have a very different Accrington Stanley - and I was generally criticised for saying so. We shall see.

Incidentally, no-one returned my message left an the club answerphone this morning. And no-one answered my email.
yonmon likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 22:51   #68
Full Member+

I nearly didn't renew my season ticket, I felt the club was getting to money orientated at the cost of the fans loyalty which is proving to be worth nothing. I think some of the greed will backfire. season tickets entitled the holder to first reserve of their seat at cup matches. but they can use my seat I will watch for free in a pub. So the message needs to get to Andy Holt he is turning the club into anything bar a community club.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 08:12   #69
God Member

[QUOTE=Revived Red;1174540][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]I said a few weeks ago that we now have a very different Accrington Stanley - and I was generally criticised for saying so. We shall see.

the club needed to change but some things like this cup ticket fiasco needs to change back. i was also going to sponson a player this season but saw the price jumped from i think 125 last season to 200 pounds this. sorry no thanks as i feel this is a move that will keep the average fan out of this. i know we need more businesses involved with the club but whats gone on so far this season after the clayton end development can be lost quickly.
Old 14-08-2016, 09:16   #70

Thought about this long and hard
Went to the club yesterday morning to enquire about getting 3 tickets for family for the Burnley game
Being a season ticket holder and a shareholder I was told in no uncertain terms that the board had decided one ticket per season ticket holder.
Virginia Hargreaves was confronted by myself on such a matter, while Virginia may have a very good business background its quite obvious that her understanding of a loyal football supporter was sadly
missing and whats more she didnt seem to care, well done Virginia you haven't got a clue.
I came away made to feel like a customer but in reality I am a loyal supporter.
Oh and by the way the two other tickets i wanted was to try and entice those two people to come more frequently, they have both told me now to forget it.
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 09:33   #71
God Member

we are supporters and not customers. its like people who travel on buses stopped becoming passengers and became customers. every industry has its own special needs and not all lumped together under one umbrella. non football people coming into football as non transport people coming into transport just don,t get it.
Old 14-08-2016, 11:23   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Give em a bell in morning mate, summat will no doubt be sorted i reckon.
Wanna bet old chum ?.
mab likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 11:26   #73
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I said a few weeks ago that we now have a very different Accrington Stanley - and I was generally criticised for saying so. We shall see.

Incidentally, no-one returned my message left an the club answerphone this morning. And no-one answered my email.
Having to move seats is no big deal. It is better to make money out of 'corporate' entertaining than charge everyone more.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 11:30   #74
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
we are supporters and not customers. its like people who travel on buses stopped becoming passengers and became customers. every industry has its own special needs and not all lumped together under one umbrella. non football people coming into football as non transport people coming into transport just don,t get it.

The guy who runs the club is from the Lancashire FA.

There were some shockers before he came in, like moving the Stanley v Newport game from a weekend where Blackburn/Burnley would not play to a Friday when both England and Wales were.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 12:38   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post

It would seem RR, that again this is ,where a non- acceptability of the concepts relating to integrity and fairness needed to be applied by the Club when the vision of extra lucre is before their eyes, denying some fans of what they rightly or wrongly see as their rights as a Season Ticket holder.
I feel somewhat miffed to think that the posterior of some invited hanger-on will probably be warming Seat D51...appreciating the fact that as this seat is adjacent to those allocated to Visiting Directors it will surely be one of the first to be sacrificed for the greater needs of Club finances !.
I am grieved to hear that as a long standing supporter, who travels such long distances on a regular basis to follow our Team, you should have e-mails ignored, and find it impossible to communicate with it's administrative staff.
As usual, I wish you luck in your efforts to find a resolution to this problem...but for some strange, unaccountable feeling, I am not holding my breath !.

Perhaps the Forum's Fan's Representative might be able to shed some words of wisdom on the situation ..who knows ?.
AccyMad likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..