Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2016, 12:42   #76
God Member

Re: EFL Round 2 draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Having to move seats is no big deal. It is better to make money out of 'corporate' entertaining than charge everyone more.
It's as much the way we were informed about it as it is about the issue of moving tbh, & I'm sorry but I don't agree that riding roughshod over the people who are the week-in, week-out bread & butter of the club to cater for the prawn sandwich brigade who probably only come now & again is the way to go about things.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2016, 13:02   #77
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
It's as much the way we were informed about it as it is about the issue of moving tbh, & I'm sorry but I don't agree that riding roughshod over the people who are the week-in, week-out bread & butter of the club to cater for the prawn sandwich brigade who probably only come now & again is the way to go about things.
What did the new bread of fan do before we had seats?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 13:16   #78
God Member

New breed??!! I've been coming to Stanley since 1975 & think I've stood or sat in every area of the ground over the years, for the last 10 or so it's been my choice to sit in the main stand with the rest of my family - not that I have to prove my 'pedigree' as a Stanley fan, that wasn't the point!
Old 14-08-2016, 13:33   #79
Full Member+

Quote:
New breed??!! I've been coming to Stanley since 1975 & think I've stood or sat in every area of the ground over the years, for the last 10 or so it's been my choice to sit in the main stand with the rest of my family - not that I have to prove my 'pedigree' as a Stanley fan, that wasn't the point!
So you are okay with moving around? A lot of people look at progress as a way to bash the club, but if it wasn't for progress there would not be seats at all. No one is guaranteed a seat for cup games are they?
Old 14-08-2016, 14:11   #80
God Member

I think that there has to be an acceptance, from the fan, that certain seats adjacent to key areas may be at risk in certain scenarios - but this should be made absolutely clear at the point of sale.

I've got no issue with any of the 'professionalising' of the club as it was way overdue, but somebody somewhere needs to educate the present management of the fundamental expectations of the average fan.

We have many 2, 3 and even 4 generation fan families and if you kick one they all limp. There are many examples of Andy Holt trying to bend over backwards to alleviate problems, I think that we should back off and give them room to learn
Wynonie Harris, cashman and Lemur like this.
Old 14-08-2016, 14:33   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I think that there has to be an acceptance, from the fan, that certain seats adjacent to key areas may be at risk in certain scenarios - but this should be made absolutely clear at the point of sale.

I've got no issue with any of the 'professionalising' of the club as it was way overdue, but somebody somewhere needs to educate the present management of the fundamental expectations of the average fan.

We have many 2, 3 and even 4 generation fan families and if you kick one they all limp. There are many examples of Andy Holt trying to bend over backwards to alleviate problems, I think that we should back off and give them room to learn
The problem as i see it is yeh cant learn the lifelong stupids.
Old 14-08-2016, 15:13   #82
God Member

[QUOTE=Chewbacca;1174574]So you are okay with moving around? A lot of people look at progress as a way to bash the club, but if it wasn't for progress there would not be seats at all. No one is guaranteed a seat for cup games are they?[/QUOTE
Now you're twisting my words, I've sat or stood in different places over time & each one was my choice, I'm not 'bashing the club' as you put it just am not happy with some decisions which have been made in regard to the Burnley game - I've made my feelings known & that's an end to it as far as i'm concerned, I'll now get on with supporting the team from wherever I end up watching it
Old 14-08-2016, 16:30   #83
Senior Member+

Moving seats is no big deal, people need to look at the bigger picture.

We have nearly gone out of existence, the new owner want to maximise the financial potential from a rare chance to play a premier league team in a meaningful match, they have my full support.

Look at the bigger picture, this game may very well set us up financially for the rest of the season, we can't expect Andy Holt to act as a charity.
Rowlf likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 16:42   #84
God Member

It's hardly asking for charity when you've paid your hard earned money up front year after year - Just a little thought would've been appreciated
Old 14-08-2016, 17:48   #85
Full Member+

Wonder if Burnley wil get 10%of the allocation as required or closer to 50%?

Is it possible to just give 10% the way the ground is set up? Circa 400 I assume.
Old 14-08-2016, 18:05   #86
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Wonder if Burnley wil get 10%of the allocation as required or closer to 50%?

Is it possible to just give 10% the way the ground is set up? Circa 400 I assume.
1800 Which means the whole of the Whinney Hill Stand(300 seats ) and the away end Terracing(1500)Sanding but may change because of the TV camrea's
and the fact its a night match.
Old 14-08-2016, 19:08   #87
Senior Member+

I am scratching my head here,surely the club should give a window of opportunity to season ticket holders to purchase "their"seat.
I can't see the problem.
On a separate note I went to purchase our tickets on Tuesday,was sent to another booth after lining up,eventually spent a few minutes (with a queue behind me),getting two seats together.
I thought it must be nearly a sell out,only to find I could sit practically anywhere !!
So I went in my normal seat and bent Yonmons ear all game !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 19:28   #88
God Member

That's what has usually happened F19, but not for this game - at least not if your usual seat is in Block F as the whole section has been given over to the press & hospitality, apparently over 300 had been sold before Saturday morning which was the first day season ticket holders could go for their Burnley tickets - don't want to keep going on about it, I've calmed down a bit now but it has still left a bit of a sour taste tbh
Old 14-08-2016, 19:53   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
That's what has usually happened F19, but not for this game - at least not if your usual seat is in Block F as the whole section has been given over to the press & hospitality, apparently over 300 had been sold before Saturday morning which was the first day season ticket holders could go for their Burnley tickets - don't want to keep going on about it, I've calmed down a bit now but it has still left a bit of a sour taste tbh
As your new fan liaison rep, going forward I will make that taste is no longer bitter but oh so sweet.

any issues, drop me a PM
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 19:59   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I am scratching my head here,surely the club should give a window of opportunity to season ticket holders to purchase "their"seat.
I can't see the problem.!
Must agree, but any other option should have been explained to people when buying their season ticket surely? not difficult. unless yer braindead.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..