Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2016, 16:50   #1
God Member

EFL Trophy

or The Paint Pot Trophy, will now contain 'proper' teams academy sides etc. I for one think Stanley should withdraw from it - or play their 1st year apprentices. The money we make on the gate is negligible so I think we should be the ones to make a proper stand against this ridiculous move.
Old 10-06-2016, 17:02   #2
God Member

Re: EFL Trophy

There's a petition on the go as well. 335 signatures within the first half hour or so. Gerron it and share it to facebook

https://www.change.org/p/the-head-of...ophy-proposals
Old 10-06-2016, 17:07   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
There's a petition on the go as well. 335 signatures within the first half hour or so. Gerron it and share it to facebook

https://www.change.org/p/the-head-of...ophy-proposals
Done
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 17:30   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Done oer 600 now.
Old 10-06-2016, 17:44   #5

Done
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 18:04   #6

Done. Almost as daft as the plan up here to include welsh and irish clubs as well as under 20s
maccawozzagod likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 18:42   #7

Done.
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 19:49   #8
I am Banned

#BoycottTheFA for too long these people have protected the bigger teams it's time we got someone in charge who looks after the lower leagues yes the big teams provide international footballers but where do them player spend thier youth on loan learning the trade? With the lower league teams, I remember not long ago joe hart was on loan at Shrewsbury and jack butlabd was at Cheltenham untill something is done it will not change, it's time to take a stand and take back our game from the top league fairy protectors #DycheOut
AccyMad, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 21:13   #9
Full Member+

Why boycott the FA if it is the FL? No idea why someone would refer to it as the EFA?

To be honest I thought most fans boycotted the FLT anyway hence the **** poor crowds. At least the PL are boosting the prize money, and Stanley may draw a team other than Carlisle.

Joe Hart was never on loan at Shrewsbury, it is where he played until 10 years ago fully on the books.

Why not blame FIFA, UEFA and the MLS too?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 22:09   #10
Senior Member+

We don't really need any more 'Tin Pot' fixtures.
Under the present format it's perfectly OK to give the competition a 'bit of a go' for the first couple of rounds early on in the season, as it gives managers a chance to play about with squad variations. Although then if you do get through to the later stages it is worth playing your best eleven as it could earn a bit of extra cash and kudos.
AccyMad, DAV007 and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:09   #11
I am Banned

Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Leicester City, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Middlesbrough, Norwich City, Reading, Southampton, Stoke City, Sunderland, Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderers.
All the teams to get involved
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:15   #12
Full Member+

up market lancashire senior cup then
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:37   #13
God Member

its just the start to get u20,s involved in more competitive football. as its been mentioned before the next step is to put them into the football league as it could be regionalised. don,t worry folks whatever the greedy league wants the greedy league will get. must be stopped whilst the lower division teams have a bit of clout.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:52   #14
Full Member+

A Morecambe fan's view

Re: JPT
By SeagieYesterday at 16:15:36In response to Re: JPT
Views: 522
Quite. I'll never attend another game of this tournament again and I hope all the Premier League kids suffer horrible career threatening injuries in every game.
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 13:22   #15

3686 signatures, is that all? We should get that many sig's from Pompey fans alone.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..