Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2017, 10:48   #16
I am Banned

Re: Efl trophy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39895497‬
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2017, 10:49   #17
I am Banned

Checkatrade Trophy: Under-21 teams to remain in revised competition - BBC Sport
Old 12-05-2017, 11:56   #18

The changes look ok to me, in the spirit of compromise. Best to give it another go....not that I'll bother going to any of the games.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:28   #19
God Member

Still a car crash - the 'changes' don't alter the way the 'big boys' have waded in & got their own way. I won't be at any of our games in this joke of a competition
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 13:12   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Still a car crash - the 'changes' don't alter the way the 'big boys' have waded in & got their own way. I won't be at any of our games in this joke of a competition
Having read the full report, I can see what they're trying to achieve in giving young players a taste of competitive football.
The trouble is, too many of 'the big-boys' have actually 'waded-out!'
I'd pay to see Stanley play Man U under 21's.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 13:55   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Having read the full report, I can see what they're trying to achieve in giving young players a taste of competitive football.
Are they actually involved next season?
Old 12-05-2017, 14:23   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Are they actually involved next season?
That's the trouble Cashy, no they're not!
Virtually all the PL clubs have declined to join.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 16:16   #23
God Member

just don,t bother turning up to the trophy games end of. not just for stanley but all div.1 and 2 clubs. pretend you,re a blackpool fan for the night.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 16:32   #24
Full Member+

Thumbs up Re: Efl trophy

Quote:
we have played man utd kids a few time they are a good watch
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 16:58   #25
God Member

Quote:
Sorry, no - the trouble isn't that most of the invited teams have declined to take part, it's that they were ever invited to join in the first place!
This competition has traditionally been aimed at lower league teams for god knows how long & gave them a realistic chance of playing at Wembley & earning some silverware - surely the young players of the higher teams have their own leagues/competitions to play in & get their fill of competitive football without gatecrashing this one.
The one season trial for the new format wasn't a success so why carry on with it?
Old 12-05-2017, 18:02   #26
I am Banned

Quote:
Sorry, no - the trouble isn't that most of the invited teams have declined to take part, it's that they were ever invited to join in the first place!
This competition has traditionally been aimed at lower league teams for god knows how long & gave them a realistic chance of playing at Wembley & earning some silverware - surely the young players of the higher teams have their own leagues/competitions to play in & get their fill of competitive football without gatecrashing this one.
The one season trial for the new format wasn't a success so why carry on with it?
I believe they play in the FA youth cup
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 12-05-2017, 18:04   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I look at it this way Di, if the small clubs get more dosh out of the new amendments,then fine we need that,i for one wont be going to the games though.
Old 12-05-2017, 18:24   #28
God Member

I know we & other clubs need the money Cashy - doesn't make it right that that the lower league teams have been effectively bribed to accept the changes to the competition - the whole thing stinks!
Old 12-05-2017, 18:27   #29
I am Banned

Well last season I believe it was 20k per win, atleast this season the invited team will have to play all there games away which will give more advantage to the senior teams, a club like ours needs that extra money, that 20k could be difference as to whether we sign a player or pay another months wages, let's get behind the team and push us to Wembley
Old 12-05-2017, 18:28   #30
God Member

[QUOTE=AccyMad;
The one season trial for the new format wasn't a success so why carry on with it?[/QUOTE]

because it,s our idea and has to work so get lost fans and people like andy holt we know better.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..