Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2007, 17:08   #1
Full Member+

Elliot recalled to Charlton

Rob has been recalled to Charlton today. See their website - it certainly won't be on ours!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-01-2007, 17:24   #2

Re: Elliot recalled to Charlton

shame, i wonder why they recalled him... Hope coley sings a goalie quick.!
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 17:25   #3

I'm gutted!!

Gud luck to Rob, hope you get some first team action for the rest of the season.

Anybody seen Fearon play?
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 17:34   #4
God Member

OH NO gutted too.

here is what is posted on the charlton website
Rob Elliot's erratic tenure at Accrington Stanley has taken another twist following his recall to Charlton on Friday.

The 19-year-old goalkeeper endured a miserable start to his second season in Lancashire, finding himself playing second fiddle to Ian Dunbavin despite the fact that last term he was named the club's player of the year in Stanley's first promotion to the Football League in 50 years.
It was only around the turn of the year that Elliot - who had signed a season-long loan at the Fraser Eagle Stadium - forced his way back to first choice for manager John Coleman.
But Elliot will be back at Sparrows Lane on Monday and he immediately set his sights on claiming ownership of the reserve-team gloves.
"To be honest, it's good to be back,” said Rob. "I missed the quality of the coaching and the facilities and hopefully I can get straight back into the reserves.
"Overall my time at Accrington was a great experience. Things didn't go quite according to plan for me this season but last season was fantastic and I'm sure I've improved my game.”
Elliot has been involved in 11 games for Stanley in the first half of the campaign, with the highlight of his season surely being the three penalties he saved in the shoot-out of a League Cup game against Carlisle United in October.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 17:39   #5

Shame, he is a fantastic keeper. His performances recently have been a shadow of last season, but I think his confidence has been severley knocked by the way the club have handled him.

It's interesting that he points to the quality of coaching as a major plus in his return to Charlton, shows how comments made in other threads about the loss of Dibble are bang on.
Paper Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 17:51   #6
God Member

Good on yer Rob, I hope you go on to bigger and better things.

If you are reading this then stop now cos I'm gonna be cheeky. Rob will go on to be a successful keeper but I fear that he will have to keep a tight check on his weight because, being a big framed lad anyway, he seemed to have put a bit on after the injury this year. Didn't stop him floating through the air to pluck bullets out of the top corner though!

You can start reading again now Rob. Good luck with the rest of your career and I am sure you will now appreciate the coaching and facilities even more. Any chance of sending me the other glove to your pair? I can tauction just one can I?
Old 26-01-2007, 21:27   #7
God Member

Gutted but I think we all knew it was coming - no premiership club are gonna loan out a player only for him to warm the bench of a league 2 club. Can only hope that if the fans knew it was coming then so did the club and that they're on the brink of bringing someone in, no offence to Fearo but I don't think he's quite ready to fill in for Bavs if he were to get injured. Good luck Rob - you'll definately be missed.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 21:29   #8
Senior Member+

Wow - get a central defender and lose a Goalie. Releasing Francois Dubourdeau (or however his name is spelled) seems a bit silly now. Yes Ian has been playing well, but now we only have one keeper to cover who we all know - time to stand up and be counted Mr Fearon. On another point, good luck to Rob at Charlton. He has been a fantastic servant to Accrington Stanley and has to put up with a lot of abuse from the management of the club! Don't aim for the reserves - aim for the first team! They need all the help they can get.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 21:46   #9

Smile Re: Elliot recalled to Charlton

Good luck in the future Rob - top player

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 22:05   #10
God Member

MARK PASTON

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Name:

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 304px" vAlign=top>Mark Paston

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Position:

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 304px" vAlign=top>Goal Keeper

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Date of Birth:

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 304px" vAlign=top>13th December 1976

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Height:

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 304px" vAlign=top>192cm

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Weight:

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 304px" vAlign=top>90kg

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Current Club:

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 304px" vAlign=top>Knights FC (NZ)

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Previous Clubs in Chronological Order:

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 304px" vAlign=top>St Johnstone (Scotland)
Walsall (England)
Bradford City (England)
Napier City Rovers (NZ)

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Caps:

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 304px" vAlign=top>11

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Goals:

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 304px" vAlign=top>0

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Debut:

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 304px" vAlign=top>21.9.97 v Indonesia

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Other NZ Representative Teams:

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 304px" vAlign=top>NZ U23's

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Favourite Player:

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 304px" vAlign=top>

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Favourite Club:

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Toughest Opponent:

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 285px" vAlign=top>Favourite Stadium:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This bloke is ,I believe,off contract.Accy needs a Kiwi connection.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 22:44   #11

Pleaase don't tell me Dunbavin is going to be our number one for the remainder of thr season. Our back four is shaky enough as it stands and a lot of that, I believe, comes from their lack of confidence in Bavs.
Paper Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 23:05   #12
Senior Member+

The thing is, our squad keeps shrinking. We're no better off now than we were before the transfer window.
Old 26-01-2007, 23:49   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Boy View Post
Pleaase don't tell me Dunbavin is going to be our number one for the remainder of thr season.
Dunbavin is going to be our No.1 for the remainder of the season, Dunbavin is our No.1, Rob has only ever been on loan.

Rob has been absolutely brilliant in his time up here, can't thank him enough for his contribution last year, and it's been great seeing him coming back lately.
As has been said above, aim for the first eleven, you'll cope.

Good luck for the future, keep fit, stay lucky and keep smiling.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 23:56   #14

Shame but good luck Rob. You have made many friends up here & hope you don't forget us. You have always put on a big smile & never baulked from talking to the Stanley faithful, even putting up with some of our jokes- sorry bout the one about your shirt the other week but you knew I was having a laugh! You are still young & can move on further than reserve football at Charlton, just demonstrate the confidence & you will achieve. Don't forget to drop in when in the area.
Old 27-01-2007, 01:19   #15
God Member

******!!!

think the northern water must have kept shrinking his cardigans!!! good luck robbie

Its now Ian Dunbavins chance to step up and prove his quality

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..