Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2004, 20:41   #1

Thumbs up England Procky n JK

Would this warrant a coach maybe Loweiy seeing as we have 2 in the squad again? Or is it too late notice? Cracking news! and congrats to both by the way - good reward for Procky after revising n stuff and Im SURE he can run rings round the Iraqis - what do you reckon Minister ???! This is on the Official site by the way - for those that havent looked yet... shame on you

Jimbo T blower
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2004, 20:47   #2
Senior Member+

Re: England Procky n JK

Good luck to them both!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2004, 08:53   #3
Senior Member+

the numbers will not be around to fill it, as lots of folk will drive and quite a few of the chaps are on holiday.

Is it this thursday?
Old 26-05-2004, 13:41   #4
Senior Member+

The full squad's listed on http://www.thefa.com/England/Nationa...quad_vIraq.htm
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2004, 23:06   #5

Mr Jimbo,

Having been detained in the Carribean for sometime on unavoidable business , I am afraid I cannot comment on the prowess of the current national side. (However even I know Ronaldo had a better game than Van Nisterooy on Saturday you hopeless git Sven )

In my day we used to be very quick to attack especially against weaker sides but not too good in the air or defence.

By the way do you have the results of the Conference Draw thingy, I fancy my chances of the car don't you know:emotion-3
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2004, 12:52   #6
God Member

So is anyone going to cheer our lads on tonight then? - doesn't look like Cav is fit to play according to the squad list on conf.guide, hope he's OK & good luck to Andy & JK.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2004, 13:06   #7
God Member

Will I be there? Hmmmmmmm
Old 28-05-2004, 07:42   #8

does anyone know what the final score was???

im proud of procky................ always knew he had it in him to play for england hes a lil star !!!!!
s-s-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2004, 10:28   #9
Senior Member+

well we left 10 mins before the end to avoid any possible trouble, and the long line of minor roadworks on the road outside the ground!!! The score then was 3-1 to iraq, although there was an almighty cheer as we were leaving so i presume they scored again.

JK and Proccy both came on at half time, two classic little moments for the procmeister were when he ran on the field and got called back by the fourth official coz he wasn't ready!!! and when a beautiful cross came accross from the right, proccy on the penalty spot shapes for the flying right foot volley, you could see his whole football career was just flashing infront of his eyes, and the iraqi defender just managed to get a touch on it, I've never seen anyone so gutted!!!!Quality!!!

JK had a good game but must have felt right at home behind a defence with more leaks than a welsh national holiday!!!!

Please spare a thought for the boys though as this was the full Iraqi national squad, not a semi pro squad. We were very good in passages, but the Iraqi's played some slick passing football that defensivly we couldn't cope with, ( could we david perkins of morecambe, useless hobbit!!!!).
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..