Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By FrankMoody
  • 1 Post By Wynonie Harris
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2013, 14:02   #1
God Member

Eureka Moment

Really good to see the Club taking up the initiative of a Programme Subscription Service for Stanley Fans around the World who can't get to matches, this also has legs for perhaps visiting teams whose fans maybe can't make the Games

Well Done

ASFC News Story > 5411

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2013, 14:26   #2

Re: Eureka Moment

Spot on Pendle - Great Move.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 14:53   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Agree yeh gotta try stuff like this, Hope it pays off fer em, Well Done.
Old 29-05-2013, 15:01   #4

One of the things that really impresses me about this little club of ours (& the current board) is they are constantly fighting to generate interest and promote the club with new ideas - well done again for this one
smobile likes this.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 15:05   #5
Senior Member+

Can only echo the sentiments of all contributors to this story. Well done the club and the current board.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 15:21   #6
Senior Member+

Am very pleased to read these postings. In the past I have not been impressed by the Google Page Ranking staff.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 17:18   #7
Full Member+

Top idea
Old 29-05-2013, 20:30   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Am very pleased to read these postings. In the past I have not been impressed by the Google Page Ranking staff.

How did that happen ? I typed Google Page Ranking staff
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 23:06   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
How did that happen ? I typed Google Page Ranking staff
Does anybody else know what he's on about?
Redraine likes this.
Old 29-05-2013, 23:52   #10
Full Member+

Fair credit to whoever thought this one up. It's thinking "outside of the box" and hopefully another stream of "untapped revenue."

Though I do have one question...being a stickler for tradition and one who has always considered buying the printed form of the programme as part of the match day ritual......how many programmes due we actually print ??

Last couple of home games I couldn't seem to get hold of one in print form ?? I know they sold out for the Oxford game!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 06:50   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Does anybody else know what he's on about?--------------------aint got a clue, I put it down to n "Age" thing.
Wynonie Harris likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 30-05-2013 at 06:52.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 07:48   #12
Dan
Senior Member+

Morning all
Thanks for the feedback - more is welcome.

Just to give some more details: the price of a digital subscription will be less than it'll cost to physically buy a programme so you're looking at somewhere in the £50-£60 bracket for the season.

Physical subscriptions (where the programme is posted out) will also be available if you prefer that but it'll be more money due to the printing and postage costs.

In response to Carpon, ordering the programmes is a very difficult and inexact science. Often away supporters who travel in numbers buy a large share of the programmes but we don't always know exactly how many there are going to be... The standard order is 350-400 but that changes depending on the number of people in hospitality etc.

Carpon, if you want to ensure you get a programme I'm sure we could get one put aside for you in the club shop or something? Give me a shout!

Hopefully subscriptions will help provide some valuable funds to make the programme and website even better this year.

Hope this helps
Dan

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 07:55   #13
Super Moderator

Thanks Dan, guess its not too busy on breakfast?

No changes of manger in East Lancs then this morning!!

Just to add to the points Dans made if anybody is short of programmes to make up collections, call the club there's loads of "spares". Even found the odd Oxford one.

To stress again a sell out is rare!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 16:19   #14
God Member

maybe the physical subscription service could include away programmes as well? I'm sure the club could bring back a few dozen (from hospitality ) from away games?

That way there is a market for the collector who wants to have 'every game from suchaseason'
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 16:37   #15
Super Moderator

Macca and all,

Not aware of a "market" for away programmes. Some clubs have but not us.

A couple of people ask if they haven't travelled and we try and accquire the one one or two More is hard work on a guarenteed basis as they are rather hard to "hide"!!

However if there is a large enough interest we can always arrange "swops" with other clubs. However it would cost us the price to print.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..