Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2017, 19:43   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Everton Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Well seens as nobody's allowed an opinion id say it was starting to become a dictatorship, not every agent is in it for the money, some just do it for the feeing when you see one of your lads doing well
Everyones allowed an opinion, even liars so yer ok.
Old 17-07-2017, 20:07   #47
Senior Member+

Know a lot of agents,some personally,and can honestly say it's a business to them and it is about making money,hence the players enter into a contract with them.
Nothing wrong with that,but they soon drift away if their "player"doesn't get a contract.
As a player,it's easy to represent yourself as the PFA offer great/free advise.
It's when the player excels that the agents come into their own with various sponsorships etc..
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 06:32   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Now now Macca !!!, how did I get dragged into this debate !!,
Ha ha, just saying like!

Your opinions were always welcome for tuther 10 players, and technical observations over tactics ... but you did like to defend Deano even if a 1000 of us saw him have a 'mare
football19 likes this.
Old 18-07-2017, 07:10   #49
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
For someone who wasn't there at either game last week but whos hoping to get to the PNE game what was the segregation thats was a waste of time ?

Main Stand Blocks A -D ( dug outs to dressing rooms) away fans

Main Stand Blocks E -I ( dug outs to Clayton End) home fans
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 11:52   #50
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
For someone who wasn't there at either game last week but whos hoping to get to the PNE game what was the segregation thats was a waste of time ?
My Beef about the segregation is that it was not necessary, When you consider the sports bar was open to all I could not see the need. We are lucky enough not to have a violence problem at Stanley. It was a good game with a lot to take in. Friendlies to me are just a game to cast an eye on new signings and potentials. I also like to see how the tactics of the manager is working. My opinion is just that an opinion. John Coleman probably couldn't give two hoots as to what I think but he has the final say. Segregation is a retrograde step in my opinion. If there was intelligence to suggest otherwise there would no objection from me. Stanley is a family friendly club which is a big part of it's attraction. It was an observation I made and I mentioned it to the club , It was not a complaint as such but some people seem to respond without trying to understand the point. They immediately go on the defence and try to find a rule to justify an action. It may seem trivial and to a point it is. I personally like to sit in my season ticket seat as that is where I feel I can see the game better. We had away fans sitting next to us last season with no bother at all. That is why I don't see the need for it. No big deal.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 12:20   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Ha ha, just saying like!

Your opinions were always welcome for tuther 10 players, and technical observations over tactics ... but you did like to defend Deano even if a 1000 of us saw him have a 'mare
He only had poor games when he put his boots on the wrong feet !!
AccyMad and maccawozzagod like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 13:52   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
My Beef about the segregation is that it was not necessary, When you consider the sports bar was open to all I could not see the need. We are lucky enough not to have a violence problem at Stanley. It was a good game with a lot to take in. Friendlies to me are just a game to cast an eye on new signings and potentials. I also like to see how the tactics of the manager is working. My opinion is just that an opinion. John Coleman probably couldn't give two hoots as to what I think but he has the final say. Segregation is a retrograde step in my opinion. If there was intelligence to suggest otherwise there would no objection from me. Stanley is a family friendly club which is a big part of it's attraction. It was an observation I made and I mentioned it to the club , It was not a complaint as such but some people seem to respond without trying to understand the point. They immediately go on the defence and try to find a rule to justify an action. It may seem trivial and to a point it is. I personally like to sit in my season ticket seat as that is where I feel I can see the game better. We had away fans sitting next to us last season with no bother at all. That is why I don't see the need for it. No big deal.
I wasn't even aware of this ! I sat at the "away" end in the main stand first half then moved to the "home" end second.
AccyMad likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 16:56   #53
God Member

Are Jackson and Scicluna still with us anyone just they weren't in the picture of the lads training on Pendle hill.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 17:51   #54
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Are Jackson and Scicluna still with us anyone just they weren't in the picture of the lads training on Pendle hill.
Afew missing off it, only 17 players when we have 20
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 18:59   #55
I am Banned

John Coleman confirmed earlier #asfc are in talks to sign the trialist forward who played last 2 games. He's contracted to a club
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 19:21   #56
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I wasn't even aware of this ! I sat at the "away" end in the main stand first half then moved to the "home" end second.
Big clue was the blue and white stripes on the Huddersfield shirts they were mostly wearing in the first game!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 18-07-2017, 19:31   #57
Senior Member+

I didn't go to the Huddersfield game. If there was segregation at the Everton game it failed miserably. Plenty of home fans in the main stand towards the away end.
mab likes this.
Old 19-07-2017, 17:20   #58
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
The stewards stopped me and others, It was a shame but no big deal. It did prove unnecessary. That is the bit that makes you proud to be a Stanley supporter.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 08:48   #59
Senior Member+

I can understand why segregation was in place.
That Alan Stubbs is a proper hooligan .............
God hes clapped the weight on.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..